[OP--NK-F2] Friendly Competition and Humble Dances

Jonathan readied himself as Itzal made an attack. They were much closer than  before, not allowing Itzal to get to his full damage. Then man was still quite fast and on him in a mere second. The man crouched down, and brought his blade up with an uppercut. Seeing him doing so, Jonathan blocked, having Itzal's sword scrape across his shield. Jonathan grinned but Itzal kept going, striking past his shield and struck his armor. His health did not go down much. Going easy perhaps? Jonathan rose his sword, to strike Itzal. Then his body began to feel like lead and he crumpled to the ground. Jonathan grimaced. Paralysis? He already had this in the bag. As Jonathan sat on the ground he struggled to look around seeing Kasier watching in the distance. She had a smile on her face. She knew the outcome of the battle already. She knows all about Itzal's level most likely. The man has worked hard. You already had it in the bag, why the need for paralysis. Your too fast, I am not able to touch you. He waited for the man to just walk up and stab him. It wasn't their last duel, but it had happened. Jonathan had done the same to him. 

69279 CD:3 No regen

Jonathan 171/210 <<42/42>>  +1 energy

Itzal 306/320  <>  54/64

Edited by Morgenstern
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Foregoing Action

Itzal watched as his friend spoke to him and he shook his head.  "That armor is the biggest issue for me right now.  Most of my damage is shaved off by it.  Not to mention that you seem to handle paralysis far better than I can.  I hate everything about it yet I know it's essential sometimes to a battle.  Which is why I force myself to use it sometimes.  However I don't like striking an unarmed opponent.  The only advantage I have against you right now is health and energy difference.  Were you my level this battle would be going a whole lot different.  Believe it or not, Beatbox has more damage than I do, and he hasn't even mastered his sword skill yet.  Me on the other hand, I won't be adding to my damage for a while as I work to increase my searching skills."  It was all true.  This was the best combat skills he'd be having for quite some time.  And he was fine with that.  He chose the role of a scout, not dps, and for his own personal reasons. 

ID#  69281  CD:  5

Itzal:  306/320  <>  55/64

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Hikoru came over to watch the fight of Itzal and Morgenstern, two players in the same guild as his own, and two players that had some potential. He watched with his arms crossed at the side, analyzing the situation and looking at both the players strengths and weaknesses. It seemed that Itzal had a good lead on the attack, but he couldn't tell the outcome by just by watching the fight and taking a guess, but for now it seemed Itzal was the victor, but there was still time for Morgen to quickly catch up and deal damage. He breathed and looked over at them, then called out

"Hey boys!" He said with a small smile "Winner fights me! That's an order!" He said with a small chuckle. He wanted to see what these other players were made of. He knew he had fought Itzal, and had easily beat him, but for now he would have to wait and see how the battle went, and whom he would have to fight after it.

A man walked up and placed himself between the two combatants and herself. Her eyes went up from the sudden movement. Then the man opened his mouth and spoke. He challenged the winner of the duel to fight him. Zandra recognized Hikorus voice. ‘So you are gonna fight them before me? That wont happen.’ She thougth to herself. With a smile she laid her hand on his shoulder. ‘’Well hello there mister @Hikoru. Was you planning on going in between and fight the winner? I guess you have to think differently. I have never been dueling, so it would be good to try it out. What do you say? You versus me?’’ she took a breath. She had done this without thinking. That wasn’t like her, was she rely wanna fight against Hikoru? Not like they had talked very much or so otherwise. Maybe sounded weird to just challenge one to spar without reason. She shrugged her shoulder, now she had said it, wouldn’t sound good if she suddenly changed her mind.

Hikoru turned at the voice and the touch of a hand on his shoulder, and turned to see Zandra, a player like himself on the frontlines who he hadn't really talked to other than frontline meeting about the boss that he would be fighting to get to the next floor. He breathed and looked at her as she challenged him to a duel, and he gave a small smile. he'd love to be able to fight another frontliner, and see if he was capable of doing well against the other players. He had fought Oikawa and lost majorly, but times had changed and he had gone up a few levels, so he knew that this could be another chance to prove himself to the other frontliners that he wasn't a pushover like he was when they fought Rohk.

"Sure, fighting you would be a blast. Half loss, no buffs?" He said while opening his HUD, making sure that he had all his equipment on him and breathed, sending the request and hoping that she would accept it without having to mull over it and wait for her decision. He got down and ready, and breathed as he waited to attack, and hoped for the best

ID: 69283

LD: 4

Hikoru: 915/915 90/90 (458 Rounded up for Half Loss)
Hikoru's Stats

Without hesitation, the other frontliners agreed to duel her. The smile grew wider. She actually started to get pretty exited. Her very first duel. Thou she knew she had to calm down, and she had to focus. If she was to exited, this was definitely gonna end up in a loss. ‘’What? No buffs? But Im an alchemist, I always using buffs.’’ She said with a blink, indicating she agreed about skipping buffs. Then she started to change, she couldn’t fight in only her normal town clothing. She swiped thru her inventory, equipping her trusted dark-angel armour, the big purple axe materialized on her back and on her wrist, a fancy braclet made of transparent and blue crystals appeared. She moved her hand to her neck and brought forth the axe, holding it with a tight grip with both hands. A smile upon her face as she looks at @Hikoru. ‘’Very well, guess Im all set and done now. Half loss you say? Well that sounds good.’’ She finished with a nod.

ID: 69285 LD: 8

Spoiler

Zandra

Stats:
1135 HP (567 HP Half loss)
112 Energy
+3 Accuracy
+66 Mitigation
+3 Combat craft
15 Base Damage

Items:
Malindrina (2-handed battleaxe) +3 Accuracy
Dark angel armour (Heavy Armor) +54 MIT
Ice braclet (Lucky Charm) +3 Combat craft
Zita (Familiar): +6 Damage 

Battle Ready Inventory:
N/A

Buffs:
N/A

Skills:
Rank 5 2-handed battleaxe (Max Rank)
Rank 5 First aid
Rank 4 charge
Rank 3 Heavy Armor
Rank 2 Block
Rank 2 1-handed curved sword
Rank 3 Familiar (Max Rank)
Concentration
Survival

Skills:

Athletics
Field medic

Edited by Zandra

Hikoru breathed and gave a small chuckle and waited for the timer to count down to indicate the fight. She complained about not using buffs and just gave a small chuckle and sighed quietly, unsheathing his dagger and entering his stance, preparing to fight when the buzzer finished. He gave a small sigh and waited, the timer taking its' time. He looked at her axe. It was easily a two-handed weapon, so he knew that she would get a damage buff to her that he didn't have. He just breathed and held his dagger high. It didn't matter to him whether she had more damage or not, he knew he had a good chance at this fight. He just needed to stay on his toes and be as careful as he can. And make sure that he didn't mess up and get overly cocky when he was fighting and let his guard down. He limbered, making sure that his knees didn't lock and prepared to either hit her, or get hit himself. He breathed and hoped for the best.

Jonathan watched as Itzal moved forward, but made no attempt to attack. He spoke, clarifying that his advantages were not all the great. He believed that he was ha ing troubles, for Jonathan's armor. Yeah, but have not seen your speed, your impossible to hit. Jonathan watched as his paralysis faded, and he stood as quickly as he could, struggling a first to restrain the lead feeling. As he stood, he looked at Itzal and readied himself. A few seconds, past and no attempt was made. Then, Jonathan dashed forward, fading into a blur for a slight second, before reaching Itzal. He slammed down his sword quickly. Jonathan's sword met Itzal's leaving them in locked on combat. Jonathan smiled before pushing away from the man. He held a defensive position. He would have to catch Itzal by surprise, and that was the only way to land a hit. He seen Zandra and Hikoru began to duel closer to them than anyone else. He had never seen either of them fight but he needed to pay attention to his battle. 

Spoiler

69354 BD:5-3=2 CD:4 

Jonathan 171/210 <<42/42>>  +1 energy

Itzal 306/320  <>  54/64

Edited by Morgenstern

Zandra smiled, it seemed she was the one to deal the first strike. Thou she couldn’t get overconfident. Just because she got first strike didn’t mean she got that big of an advantage. So she focused on the man infront of her and held the axe steady with both hands. Now it was time. She started to charge up her sword art to take him down to half as quick as possible. She took a look around to make sure none was in range, since her strongest attack was also an AoE. But when it seemed that it was enough space she activated her charge skill and flew forward against Hikoru. With her axe head held high up in the air, she let it fall diagonaly across Hikorus body, making a long red stripe. Before it reached the ground, she changed direction and made a vertical swing at him. Then she finished of by slamming it at the ground. She pulled back the axe and prepared for the counter-attack as she watched his health go down quite a bit.

ID: 69355
BD: 10 Crit +2 15+2+4=21x14=294-56=238

Zandra HP: 1135/1135
EN: 84/112
Sword Art: Explode catapult, AoE x14
Zandras stats

@Hikoru: 677/915 90/90
Hikoru's Stats

Edited by Zandra

The party was beginning to come to a small roar, the duels had all begun, everyone was enjoying the testing of the waters. The  font-liners however seemed like they were the ones who were appreciating the time to reveal their superiority. Some though seemed to be idly lingering about the outskirts of the party. Esther and Addel had both left, Rin hardly realized they sneaked out without her noticing. A frown now lingering over her expression as she glanced back first to @Ariel - The Crowned Lion and then across the way where a girl, @Lessa, had been observing the whole party. This party wasn't as fun as she would have hoped, she hated fights and that seemed to be the biggest deal here right now.

"I guess the only thing to do now is try and round up a few of the others and ask if they would like to socialized or prepare the dancing competition. I know I don't really want to be stuck watching them hit one another with swords, axes, and the like."

Rin stretched out her arms, forward, side to side and finally back behind her as she left them their clutching desperately to one another as she approached the lion and woman. She took a rather meek bow before asking her.

"If you would like I am going to start rounding up those who aren't in a duel I thought that maybe you were feeling a bit bored just standing about the buffet table."

If she answered she would offer out her hand leading them over to the less noisy side where @Lessa had been lurking she then would wave.

"Would you like anything to eat or drink I don't want anyone to go unsatisfied?"

Hikoru breathed and took the hit, falling back and landing on the ground with a loud thud. As he looked up, he saw an opening in her defenses, and stood up, quickly planting his feet and sprinting forward, landing in the right spot and stabbing and slashing wildly, the word "CRITICAL" appearing before his eyes as he did so. He chuckled and backed away. His build had done the trick, and now hopefully, she would be stuck in an infinite loop as the others he had fought did, but he couldn't tell at this moment what would happen. He breathed deeply and looked as his energy drained, but only just a bit. He really needed the <<Energist>> Ability for this, because it took more energy than he wanted it to. He breathed deeply and looked back at Zandra, giving her a smile

"Well, good luck to you, as I didn't say it earlier, and I hope all goes well for both of us!" He said happily, waving and preparing to attack again.

ID: 69358
BD: 9 (Bleed and Paralysis Activate, +1 Damage)

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 1x13=13x14= 182-66= 116 Damage

@Zandra HP: 1019/1135 (Paralyzed for one turn, 24 Bleed Damage for two turns)
Zandras stats

Hikoru: 677/915 79/90
Hikoru's Stats

Itzal watched as Jonathan's paralysis wore off and his friend charged him, then blocked his friend's attack.  When his friend moved back and took a defensive position Itzal analyzed his friend's posture.  Once again he'd be needing to get past his friend's defenses.  He probably wouldn't succeed the same way he had before so he'd need to do something else.  Then he smiled as he had an idea and dashed forward striking at his friend who easily blocked the attack.  Then he dashed to Jonathan's right and struck, dashed to the other side and struck there.  He continued to strike from every direction, moving faster and faster until finally he leaped into the air, catching his friend by surprise, and released Shadow Explosion on him.  As he struck his friend he spotted red pixels and knew he landed a critical hit, activating Bleed.  After he landed he blocked the incoming strike from Jonathan.  This was going....  Much easier than he had expected.  Luck was on his side he assumed.

ID#  69361  BD:  10  CD:  9

Jonathan 124/210 <<42/42>>  -  Bleeding for two turns:  24 dmg each

Itzal 306/320  <>  45/64

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

Zandra prepared as the man came in charging. She placed her foots wide and readied herself to take the hit. Hopefully her mitigation would ease her from most of the damage. She felt as the dagger striked thru her. Thou thanks to her armour, the damage reduced to only reduce her healthbar with like a tenth. She prepared to counter attack. But when she was gonna raise her axe to have it ready to fall down on the opponent, she couldn’t. She tried again. But it didn’t worked now either. Then she glanced at her health bar again. Damn, a paralyse. Her eyes changed to Hikoru again. ‘’No you. Don’t tell me this is how you gonna take me down? Attack an innocent little girl as she cant move?’’ of course she wasn’t innocent, it was she that both had challenged him and made the first strike. Also, she maybe was little physically, but health wise, she was one of the greatest.

Zandra HP: 995/1135 (Paralyzed for one turn, 24 Bleed Damage for two turns)
Zandras stats

Hikoru's Stats

Edited by Zandra

Hikoru breathed and listened as she said something about "Innocent" girl, and he just chuckled. He came over and stabbed her again rapidly, the critical not appearing, but the bleed and Paralysis stood strong. He gave a small chuckle and sighed, shifting his glass back onto his nose and looking at her with his dark eyes

"My dear, there is no innocence in this game... As much as I wish and believe, none of us are innocent. Although I never killed a real person, here I am an orange player, all because I decided to kill an NPC for an item in a quest, and now i'm stuck with this until I find the courage to do Redemption... I am sorry, but this is a battle, and your words to try and trick me will not work. I do hope you are prepared for how this will end." He said with a small sigh and backed away, preparing to strike again

ID: 69360

BD: 8 (Bleed and Paralysis Activate)

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 1x13=13x13=169-66=103 Damage to Zandra

Zandra HP: 892/1135 (Paralyzed for one turn, 24 Bleed Damage for two turns)
Zandras stats

Hikoru's Stats

Zandra knew that the paralyze would disapear after a turn of out of action. So soon she would be able to strike back at him. Then he would feel the swings of her axe again. Thou suddenly some more of her health dropped away from her healthbar. She was bleeding as well. ‘’Oh crap. Well, I guess you should get some complimets for your tactic.’’

Then the man came up and stabbed her several times in the chest once again. She could do nothing except just look as the dagger went in and out of her. Again and again and again. As she couldn’t do anything now either, she instead listened to what Hikoru had to say about innocent. Zandra let out a giggle. ‘’You think I was going to trick you? Hehe. As you said, this is a battle. As I know you are a real fighter and one of the frontliners, I know you wont fall for such things as cheap tricks. Just wanted to throw in a short joke. That’s all.’’ She paused before continuing. ‘’I guess you are paralyzing me so I cant ignore what you are saying right? And by the way, just stab me again already so I can hit you back. Okay?’’

Zandra HP: 844/1135 (Paralyzed for one turn, 24 Bleed Damage for two turns)
Zandras stats

Hikoru's Stats

Edited by Zandra

The commotion has settled fortunately without the blonde's need to interject herself in the debate. She admired that people had a chivalry-esque attitude towards how that guy treated @Esther-chan. In the same time, she lamented the day when they, like her, will realize that such ideals are mere pipe dreams when faces with the harsh reality. Still something bugged her in this mess; when she meet the girl, a little while back, she seemed devoted to Mari instead of that shady guy. 'I can't imagine her being able to 'fix' Mari so quick that she went for another humanitarian case...and she hardly seemed the type to wag her tail for just anyone and leave things unfinished. And her induced addiction to that drug she was feed, made the blonde clench her teeth in anger underneath the apparently calm facial expression.

Luckily enough the catgirl maid engaged in conversation, forcing the blonde to change her current train thought. She starred with a blank expression @Rin for a few moments before blinking quickly and replying:

"Bored? Not so much, I like to keep myself entertained in here." She said while gently tapping with her index and middle finger to the side of her head, near the temples.

"But in there things are starting to point towards a darker direction; one that I would like to avoid for now." She said while placing her hand into Rin's. "So I'd appreciate it if you'd help me stay distracted." She added with a smile, looking one more time in Hikoru's direction. 'He seems to have fun, I guess I'll do the same' she though letting Rin to guide her. Again it took her a moment to recognize with whom the party maid was speaking to.

"Senpai... long time no see." Said the blonde almost as a whisper while looking in @Lessa 's eyes; she felt her own mirror-like silver colored ones, getting all watery. It was more than seeing a ghost from the past... she almost let her impulse to hug her take over. But she couldn't win a fight on two fronts, as she felt a warm streak of something wet running down her right cheek, was she.. crying? With a small sob she muttered the next words like a snooty little girl happy to see her mother. "It's good to see you again guildleader."

It wasn't a known fact but after the Guardians of Aincrad guild disbanded, none of the leaders from the large amount of guilds she joined afterwards, managed to gain the blonde's respect... as Lesa did. For that reason, the blonde usually adressed people without honorifics or by made up on the moment nicknames.

Hikoru just sighed and gave a small chuckle and struck her once more, backing away once he hit without even looking. He didn't care if she had paralyse or not, he just wanted to finish this fight. He had done a good deal of damage to her, and even if he did lose he didn't care. He had done well in the past few fights, and winning wasn't anything. He sighed and gave a small smile to Zandra

"I know, I just wanted to say something is all. My mouth tends to ramble when I fight." He said with a laugh. He sighed and gave her a peace sign with his free hand "I suppose this is game, if you deal enough damage." He said with a chuckle, noticing that she no longer was affected by the paralysis of his weapon. He sighed and braced himself for impact

ID: 69371

BD: 6+3=9 Hit!

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 1x13=13x13=169-66=103 Damage

Zandra HP: 741/1135 (24 Bleed Damage for one turn)
Zandras stats

Hikoru: 677/915 59/90
Hikoru's Stats

So, the man did just as she told him to do. A few stabs in the chest and some more of her health disappeared. She glanced at her healthbar. The bleed-effect took some more of the health as well. She was rely going close to losing. But, after all, this was her very first duel. She wasn’t rely prepared to fight one on one like this with this build. She didn’t had any real plans at all except going as high damage as possible. And to see from how the battle started, the first strike seemed to deal some health.

Then she felt the paralysis effect disappeared. ‘’Finally!’’ she said as she could now move again. She raised her axe high and let it strike Hikoru in a wide swing, twice and finishing by slamming it into the ground. He wasn’t down at half just yet. Now she just hoped he wouldn’t paralyse her again, then she would be screwed. She took a steady grip of the axe and prepared for the stabs to rain down on her again.

ID: 69374

BD: 4+3-2+1=6 Hit! 15x14=210-56=154

Zandra HP: 717/1135 (24 Bleed Damage for one turn)
EN: 59/112 (-28 for SA and +3 for 3 turns without action)
Zandras stats

Hikoru: 523/915 59/90
Hikoru's Stats

Edited by Zandra

Oikawa nodded as Calrex lamented on exactly what he was thinking. As fixed his mouth to respond, he realized the bluenette had suddenly taken off. More specifically in the direction leading towards where Teayre and a player unknown to him were sparring previously. A chuckle found its way to the blonde as he turned to scan the scene below. Sifting through the multitude of players, his gaze settled on four combatants that he didn't expect to see. 

Itzal and some other blonde player, as well as Zandra and Hikoru. Hmm so that's who he ran off to spar with? Despite her level though, this fight is one sided given she is a healer, so PvP is a little outside her element no? Interesting nonetheless, mused the blonde.

Planting his blade in the ground, he retrieved the message Arc had sent him previously and typed a response before hitting send. Satisfied with his encounter with the highest leveled player, Oikawa settled for the draw and continued to observe the battles a little more before heading out to prepare for the boss raid.

To: @Arc

No problem and a little good impression isn't a bad thing. It makes you more approachable if nothing else. Which given the black on black, you seem very anti-social. That aside, the weapon will be ready in a days time. Just stop by the shop and I will have it ready for you. Keep grinding, you'll be among us soon enough

-Oikawa

Hikoru breathed and took the shot well, standing his ground as he did. He charged forward and stuck her again, but he knew that this battle was lost. He didn't mind. He was having fun, and that's all that truly mattered to him. He gave a small sigh and waited for the final strike against him. He didn't know if he was going to win this or not, but he was happy either way. He had done well, but he just hadn't focused enough for this one. He looked to see Oikawa watching, and just gave him a smile and a thumbs up, not even bothered that he may embarrass himself in front of the other frontliners. She had a considerable ability to deal much more damage than he could. He just gave a small chuckle and a sigh and waited for the final strike that would end the fight

ID: 69375

BD: 4+3=7 Hit!

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 1x13=13x13=169-66=103 Damage to Zandra

Zandra HP: 614/1135 (24 Bleed Damage for one turn)
EN: 59/112
Zandras stats

Hikoru: 523/915 49/90
Hikoru's Stats