[OP--NK-F2] Friendly Competition and Humble Dances

Baldur, with another cookie in his mouth, noticed the young woman who seemed to be the officiant of this tournament. Grabbing one more, he made his way over to her, letting the others who wished to contest present themselves to her. He finished munching on his cookie, and then gave her a respectful bow and a friendly smile. His steel blue eyes were humble and friendly and always seemed as if on the verge of laughter. Though he carried a sword on his hip, it seemed more a part of his style and an extension of himself that it did as weapon he carried on his side. As he walked through the crowd, it almost seemed as if it were the rudder of his ship.

"Ohayo, I am Baldur." He gave her a friendly smile.

"If I may be so bold, I would like to offer a suggestion, assuming you have not already thought of it yourself." He didn't want to over-extend, and pretend that he had some great idea she may have thought this out more on her own and his suggestion would be useless or redundant.

"It seems many people feel they can't compete unless they are ready for the frontlines. Perhaps you could have separate 'pools'. Everyone would fight everyone else in the pool, and the person with the most wins would be the victor."

Pools was the term he had used in competitive fencing when everyone fought everyone else in their group, and the highest ranked would go on to take the victors of the other pools as well.

"I would suggest one for those who have not yet mastered their weapon, and another for those who have, but are still in the first tier of equipment. Another, for those of us who are tier 2, and a third, for those few who are... above level fifty, if they so deign to join us." His steel blue eyes flicked over to where Calrex and Oikawa prepared for their duel, and to where Teayre prepared to fight some geisha he had not seen before.

"I think more people would participate if they felt they had a chance against their peer."

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As more players begin to commence duels against themselves, I stop resting and stand up, looking at the players in the event. I guess somehow, and somewhere in my mind, my fighting instincts have finally woken up. After all, what else is there to do..? I look around the area and examine every player's stats just to see which has the lowest health, energy, and so on. I take some butter cookies and munch on them, savoring their flavor while keeping my eye on the players. The sounds of swords clanging against each other are now apparent, and as I question myself regarding the outcome I might receive at the end of a duel, I saw her.

@Birdie has probably the lowest set of stats and level compared to other players...or so as I thought. The only thing that concerns me is the fact that I have no idea how to invite her for a duel, preferably a half-loss type. So I equip my blackened sword and tower shield, and approach her calmly with the tall, personal armor being raised up. I stop as soon I am close enough to see and hear her and bang my sword against my shield like a centurion, hoping that she would get this gesture as an invitation to the duel.

"Those are some pretty big words from a small little girl." Opal has said underneath the mask as her green eyes followed the woman's movements and body language. Opal knew this player well, but that didn't give her any kind of upper advantage. In fact, Opal was at a huge disadvantage at the moment not using her more personal weapons. Should this duel however go south, Opal will do what is necessary. Although this was a perfect time to end a Player Killer, with so many people around it might not be a good idea to start taking lives. No, Opal would wait for the time to do that where no one would need to see or hear the cries of a real battle. 

"Same eyes, huh? Well then, I'd hate to be that person since this is the first time I am using this color for my irises. Interesting enough, I know a lot more about you than you do of me. We'll see how things go though. This is a severe handicap on my part. I was not expecting this woman to challenge me, no less be here. I should have changed my equipment beforehand. But I don't wanna ruin my disguise, that would have been all for naught. It's a pity, I could have taken her out today, but it seems like Lady Luck is smiling on others besides myself." Opal had a moment of reprieve with her inner monologue knowing full well she was at a huge disadvantage, but through her mask she was smiling wildly. 

The time for the duel was ticking down now and Opal shot her gaze to the Crimson Maiden, "Alright little girl, let's see what you got to offer me." Opal's right foot slid forward and her Kusanagi titled at an angle against the sun reflecting the bright rays back towards Tearye's eyes. It looked like Opal took on a <Parry> stance, now the woman opposite to her would have to decide which Mod Opal had up her sleeve for this specific skill and if attacking now would be the best of ideas. The smirk on her face grew wider, "Yeah, let's see how smart you are little girl." 

--

ID: 68994
LD: 13 [Natural]
Opal's Stat Reference Post

Opals HP: 1100/1100
EN: 108/110
Sword Art: Parry -> Justified Riposte [2 EN]

Teayres HP: 995/995
EN: 98/98
Sword Art: 

Edited by Opal

"Yeah," Arc replied, "I was pretty specific about being careful, though he was of a similar mind. It wasn't altogether difficult to convince him." Arc afforded @Birdie a genuine smile before she continued to ask about guilds, and he shrugged. "Alkor was the guildmaster, to be honest," he said. "A few of our buddies, the ones we drank with, we our healers and miscellaneous other combat roles. He was pretty good in that position, actually, for someone who didn't like to talk or be around people. He knew strategy and understood how we worked as a team... I dunno if I really know that many people in this game I'd be comfortable trying to harness that cohesion with."

He glanced around the area and took in some of the other people, then shook his head. "I'm pretty comfortable on my own, or with one or two people I know well." He looked back at her and pursed his lips. "If I were to find my buddies from the Black Brotherhood, I might start the Guild again.. but... there's no telling if they're dead by now." Tobias gave her a weak smile. "I'm sure they're fine, though. They'd never put themselves in actual danger. Josh, Ev, and Cans aren't dumb."

"But... I don't know about joining any other guilds. I just, I'm not sure if I'd fit in at all." He gave a slight shrug, then glanced to the notification from @Oikawa and flicked his fingers across the keyboard to reply deftly.

To Oikawa

Hahah, I hear that mate, I'm not lookin' to impress anybody, though. I get that there's an important element to it, but I just came here to log some build ideas and bolster my idea of what the Frontlines are like. I'm gunning to get there as soon as I can, but with the intensity of some of these fights- like that red haired chick and the shady looking PKer- I've got a ways to go yet.

Until I can manage to solo a heavy number of these quests I'm getting, I'm not even going to think about throwing myself into challenges and looking like a prize ass.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I'd like a spear with straight damage, something fit for a low level player. I won't be level twenty for a good few more days at my current pace, so I'd be stuck waiting on the upgrade for a bit. I'll definitely look you up for a higher tier weapon once I've made it into the next echelon of levels.

You're great, man. Really.

“Big words? Not really.” Teayre flashed a smile, “It’s just the truth. There’s no need to hide anything.” As she spoke the crimson orbs glinted slightly, her lips settling down just turned up slightly at the corners. Looking from right to left she saw a crowd beginning to gather around them.

“Alright little girl, let’s see what you got to offer me.”

The words cut through to her, her eyes watching as her opponent settles into a parry stance. “Parry” Teayre thought as she squinted from the glare of the sun. “I need to be careful…” Her lips then she meets the green eyes of the leather clad foe. “You know more about me then I do of you?” Shaking her head Teayre glares. “That’s probably true. Your voice however is familiar. Very familiar.” Her lips going thin the red head makes her move charging in. However instead of drawing her blade she kicks off the ground jumping back several steps. Her eyes watching carefully to see what foe does.

ID: 68999 BD: 1 (Nat) CD: 1 LD: 2 MD: 6

@Opal HP: 1100/1100
EN: 108/110
Sword Art: Parry -> Justified Riposte [2 EN]

Teayres HP: 995/995
EN: 96/98
Sword Art: Missed [2EN]

Edited by Teayre

"Ahh the S&Z tournament," mused the blonde. "Haven't heard that title ushered since the incident. Lets hope this proves to be more of a fight between us heh."

Gripping the handle of his blade, he watched as the timer ticked down. The numbers slowly dwindling as anticipation built around them. Suddenly the timer struck zero, and the ultramarine knight was upon him like the sunlight that currently enveloped the floor. Calrex's blade was covered in a ghostly blue aura as it rushed the blonde; striking him several times over in the process. Crimson streaks adorned his frame as he stumbled back. Looking at his HUD, he took note of the stunned icon beside his name.

"Stunned eh? It seems now everyone wants to use my strategy hehe. Though I suppose I did bring this upon myself."

As he sat stunned, he noticed he had received another message but due to his state and the situation at hand, he chose to ignore the envelope.

ID: 69002 CD: 8 [+141 BH HP, +36 Regen HP]

Calrex: 1457/1475 | EN: 137/146

Oikawa: 1175/1175 | EN: 116/116 [Stunned]

ID: 69005
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +1) = 11 (Incoming Damage Reduced by 50% / +50 MIT / All Incoming Negative Status Effects Negated)
<<Safe Guard>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 136 Remaining)

"Heh, definitely. Course that one had its own hilarities as a result of our gear loadouts. Of course back then I think you definitely had more of an edge compared to me."

Looking at his opponent's health Calrex almost wanted to laugh again. Oikawa's own <<Battle Healing>> skill had triggered, his health completely recovered from his opening strike, "Course, I forgot another factor in using a build or gear set well was how you use it. The Aegis Armament isn't meant to be an attacking or offensive set."

"I actually had a practice duel with Tak some while back, and back then we ended up having to call that one a draw, because our damage was always removed by our healing abilities. Somehow I'm getting a suspicion we just might have a similar situation on our hands this time around."

Giving a calming breath the bluenette's parts of the Grand Aegis glowed blue for a second before he slammed them together, completing the shield with a resounding clang. Triggering his skill mod Safe Guard he felt his entire body become like fortress wall, sturdy and ready to protect from incoming attacks.

Calrex: 1457/1475 | EN: 136/146

Oikawa: 1175/1175 | EN: 116/116 (Stun End)

Birdie imparted a smile as @Arc described his old guild and the relationships he held with all its members. She sympathised with his feeling of uncertainty, unsure of whether there was a group of people she'd truly mesh well with. The Ascendants were a new force and a weaker one compared to the Frontline guilds, and most of the members were still blank question marks for the girl. It was still up in the air as to how we'll she'd get on with the DPS and Healer squad leaders, though the other members she'd conversed with thus far had been absolute treats to meet.

Her eyebrows pulled down slightly as he became despondent to the idea of seeking out a guild; she wanted what was best for him, though it struck her as unnerving the more she thought about him going solo on higher floors. "I wont nag you about it, but don't knock it until you try it." Birdie looked to him mindfully, her eyes filled with concern. She lightened up with a soft sigh. "But if you're happy, that's all that matters, right?" An approaching set of footsteps caught her ears, causing her body to turn in that direction.

"O-oh hey.. @Gotz?"

Clang

She didn't know what to make of it. His pose suggested a battle-ready stance, his sword and shield held akin to a centurion. What is he doing? The man's eyes seemed calm as if he came to offer a peace offering yet his actions suggested something entirely different. Spinning her head to look behind, it became evident that he was signalling her specifically. W-what.. a half-loss? "A-a fight? I-I uhm.. I don't..." The girl peeked towards Arc, shooting him a glance that screamed 'help me'. 

Edited by Birdie

My eyes remain calm, and my mouth remain shut as I stare at her weapon and her physique. From the look of her face, it sees clear that she somehow knows the meaning of my gesture, but unsure of her decisions of accepting or rejecting my duel. I look further into Birdie's health and stats and realize that perhaps a half loss duel won't cut it, since it will probably be a waste of time. That is my opinion, and I still do not mind if she chooses that type of duel. I decide to initiate a one-hit duel, then I begin to speak as my sword's blade is pointed at her position even though it isn't lifted up to my chest.

"If I win...perhaps I can help you such as finding a guild...or we can form one ourselves...now state a 'reward' that you wish to deserve if you win this fight."

I happen to stare at the male beside her, who seems sure or unsure to agree with Birdie as she looks at him with a worried expression.

Spoiler

STATS

HP: 120/120

Energy: 12/12

DMG: 6

MIT: 39

Recovery: 1

@Birdie @Arc

Edited by Gotz

"Happy is a relative term for it," he mused in response, "but I would venture to say I'm content." Part of him didn't mind the idea of being where she was, but the other half knew it entailed other players and there was no telling how he'd deal with that. Such was the reason he wouldn't outright agree to anything. There was some measure of uncertainty in his words, of course- the mercenary couldn't say that a guild didn't strike him as reasonably efficient, and the idea of having people at his back in a world that was most certainly trying to kill him was definitely appealing.

Still, when he heard the notification and saw a duel request pop up, he initially wondered if it were intended for him. When he saw that it was not in front of him, but someone else entirely, his lips turned downward in a frown. How would she react?

Then, @Birdie looked to him for help, and he instinctively wrapped an arm around her shoulders and glanced to @Gotz, a leisurely smile on his face. "Ah, sorry mate," he told the man, "but I don't think the lady came out intending to fight today. Might be you'd have better luck elsewhere."

The mercenary's green eyes were only partly open as he looked at the man, but they held a seriousness that had every potential to turn menacing if the man decided to try pressuring the blue haired girl.

Edited by Arc

The event was the talk of the town. Or, perhaps, that was the incorrect term. Word of the festival had carried as far as the seventh floor, and into the tavern where Lessa was spending her evenings. At the time, she had been enjoying a meal at the bar when a high-pitched whine had drawn her attention.

"Please," the same voice had cooed. "Come on, please?" When Lessa had turned slightly in her seat to watch the affair, she had found a red-haired teenager clutching the arm of an only slightly older man. Her expression had glowed, while his remained a look of muted uncertainty.

"Where is this party even?" he had countered, not shrugging away from her grip, but looking like he wanted nothing more than to do so. "Who told you about it?"

"The High Field of Crossing. And Jess did," she had replied. "She said Mike, Laura's boyfriend, had heard about it from his friend, Luke. She said everyone is there."

"Everyone?"

Even if Lessa had not seen the girl's pout, she would have heard it in the answer. "Well, everyone but us." The boy had either been won over by his companion's sound logic, or worn down by her pitiful protests; he had finally conceded, and the pair had left the tavern. With a moment's consideration, Lessa had done the same. All had been quiet since her return, and a bit of fun never hurt anyone. Perhaps it had been just what she needed.

Now, as she leaned back in her chair, one arm draped lazily over the table, the other clutching a tall lemonade, she determined that to be the case. It was exactly what she had needed. Music drifted from somewhere distant, a cheerful beat that had her toe tapping in her brown boots. Once, Lessa had insisted on remaining in her battle attire at all times. If weeks in the mountains had taught her anything, it was that a change of clothes was never a bad thing. Before transporting to the second floor, she had changed into faded blue-jeans and a long, army-green blouse. Her wardrobe was another thing that she had changed up upon her return, opting for clothes in new colors. Previously, she had preferred to stick to the same basic colors, mostly pinks and occasionally blues. But why stop there, she had asked herself. Who really wore the same colors over and over? Superheroes and cartoon characters. And besides, she had some col left over.

With spending in mind, Lessa had snagged the largest size drink available, before selecting a table on the edges of the action. From there, she had an excellent view of the festival's happenings. Her affinity for people watching, it seemed, had not changed one bit. 

Edited by Lessa

The battle that Macradon had anticipated went on right away without much fuss. Macradon was tensed up with this, it was going to be quite cool. Two strong frontliners would clash in what seemed to be a friendly sparring match, which seemed to be quite the popular fight of the ones at the moment. Even though it wasn't the primal clash of powers, it was still quite the good fight to look at, spectating it to know each and every frontliner there is to know. The fight had commenced as Calrex was first to attack, reacting faster than Oikawa. Calrex was fast to unleash his sword art, slashing 8 times at Oikawa before ending his attack with a pommel strike, stunning Oikawa for a short duration before he even got to do anything. The stunned Oikawa would not be able to hit back, and Calrex would throw yet another sword art at the stunned opponent.

But what would happen now? Calrex had seemingly calculated the time for Oikawa to wither out of the stun and would put himself into a Safe Guard with his shield "Interesting" Macradon said as he observed the two's fight. Quickly looking around to see if he could find others finding, he spotted two people in particular, both he wasn't too fond of. The red-head Teayre and the ... whatever color hair she wants Opal. He would shrug it off as he would concentrate on the fight before him, it was quite the sight to look at. He scouted the crowd, looking around to see if there were any interesting people to talk with, but alas, Macradon was let alone again, but it didn't bother him that greatly, as he would just look at the battle.

"Maybe so," admitted the blonde, as his health shot back up from Calrex's opening strike. Feeling the lock of paralysis lift, he rose once more to full stature and eyed the bluenette as he switched to a more defensive stance. Donning his shield as barrier between the two.

"Already on the defensive Cal? Come on now, show me your aggression," joked the golden youth as he twirled his blade from right to left. Judging from that sudden aura enveloping him since he bolstered his shield, I'm willing to bet he activated his Safeguard mod. Hmm, should I even bother attacking? With that mod, my damage is halved before it even reaches him, on top of the defensive boost the mod gives. Not to mention Achilles, should he have invested in it. I imagine I should wait this attack out.

Dropping back, Oikawa gestured for Calrex to come at him. "Come hither Cal, show me and those watching what a true front-liner looks like!"

ID: 69013 BD: 1 (How convenient....)

Calrex: 1457/1475 | EN: 137/146

Oikawa: 1175/1175 | EN: 116/116

ID: 69017
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +1) = 11 (+2 Damage)
Craft Dice: 9 (Battle Healing Activated)
Sword Art <<Nova Ascension>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 126 Remaining)

"Heh, alright then if you say so."

Calrex gave a laugh before triggering his <<Nova Ascension>> Sword Art once again, rushing forward and closing the distance. With a joking voice he called out before attacking, "Witness the power of a frontliner!"

Rapidly cutting with eight strikes from his shining blue sword once again, his flurry of blows ended with another hilt strike that smashed into Oikawa's avatar once again. However, with all of the powerful strikes, there was barely a scratch of damage on the blonde. As Calrex had quickly learned, the Aegis Armament was not an offensive array, but a defensive/recovery gear set. The sight gave him a laugh before the blunette took a step back chuckling while he spoke, "How about that display of prowess? Alright, back to focusing again. Bring it Oikawa!"

Calrex: 1475/1475 | EN: 126/146 (18 Flame Aura / 89 Battle Healing)

Oikawa: 1169/1175 | EN: 116/116 (7+1+2 DMG * 9 Art - 84 MIT = 6 DMG / Stun Immune 1/3 Turns Remaining)

Domarus listened as Ivory laughed and talked about how he was one to lead.  You have no idea he thought to himself.  He was made to rule, to lead thousands of people.  Well, thousands in the video games he used to play.  Otherwise he'd have a school in his hands or a simple store.  However when he was done with this game he intended to set his much larger goals into action.  For now however...  He listened to her talk about the individuals who weren't there for fun and nodded.

"Yeah each world tends to have those don't they?  You can't get rid of them."  He listened to her talk about the front liners and how she hoped they wouldn't enter the competition and he shook his head.

"We can only hope.  If they join then this entire tournament just became pointless."  He heard her ask about having a bout and he cocked an eyebrow at her.  This girl was reminding him of Esther a little bit.  That thought brought an honest smile to his face.  Yes he'd be spending time with this girl for a little bit.  Possibly in the future as well if she allowed it.  He shrugged, his smile still on his face.

"That's up to you Ivory.  I don't mind either way.  In fact, I'll let you make the decisions today.  From me to you."  He wanted to see where this would go and thus gave temporary control to Ivory.  Interesting name too.  Esther meant stars.  They both seemed nice names.

@Ivory Lotus

Ivory smiled back at him. "Well, I'm not used to being in control... I usually just let others take the lead." She thought for a moment, her finger placed on her lip and her expression one of deep thought and concentration. "Hmm..." She felt pressured to do something now that he had said that he would let her make the decisions. "Lets duel then. We can do a first strike so that it doesnt go too long." She finally exclaimed excitedly. She opened her HUD and sent him the duel request before getting into a fighting stance and raising her fists. She wasnt a fighter, and her stance made that perfectly clear. If this was real life the winner would be apparent. Since this was in the game though, Cardinal might decide to screw things up. She glanced over at the cookies for a moment. She wanted to get a sugar cookie with chocolate icing when they finished... As such, when the timer hit zero, she wasnt even paying attention to the duel itself.

ID# 69022 results:

Loot: 11 (Whoever rolls a higher LD attacks first)

Ivory: 380/380 HP 38/38 EN | Eva:0 Acc:0

Domarus: ?

@Domarus

Edited by Ivory Lotus

Domarus listened as she mentioned a first strike duel.  First strike eh?  He was assuming that meant the victor would be the first person to land a strike on their opponent rather than reduce the health by a certain amount.  He saw the duel request appear on his menu and looked at Ivory to see if she really wanted to.  When she did he selected accept.  As soon as he did though Ivory's attention traveled to cookies.  He chose to speak up to regain her attention.

"If your sure about this Ivory, then I'll do my best."  In truth not only did he feel like she should win, he wanted her to win.  Losing a duel on his first try ever might be a good publicity buff to his reputation.  He needed to make it look convincing though.  Show some effort at least.  And with that thought he retrieved from his inventory, Vindicem:  His two handed black battle ax.  The blade itself pulsed a dark red glow and the blade was sharp and cruelly shaped.  Of course it contradicted his own face and posture, seemingly laid back and jolly.  This tended to reduce the blade's intimidation drastically.  However, if and when he chose to equip his armor as well as the ax, it tended to scare many players and npcs off.  Which was why he did not wear it today.  He saw that she herself had no weapon in her hand.

"You practice martial arts?  If not it might work out for you.  You look like you could pull that sort of stuff off."  Domarus lifted his ax and held it fairly lax in his hands, holding it in a defensive position that could swiftly turn into an offensive if he so desired.  His eyes didn't leave Ivory's but his ears were on the timer.

ID#  69023  LD:  7

Domarus' stats:  200/200 hp  20/20 energy  0 evasive 0 accuracy

@Ivory Lotus

Edited by Domarus

6 Days....

It had been six days since Esther disappeared, since every friend was removed from her list and she became hopelessly devoted to Addel. The two had made brief appearances in public. Neither ended well, but Addel was a man of pride, stubborn pride. And he lavished in the negative attention. Thrilled by the rush of adrenaline as threats of death were made in his name. He walked with Esther. She was no longer bound by a chain, but still wore the flimsy garment that covered little, and left even less to the imagination. With each step her hips swayed, and the tulle like material shifted, shimmering in the bright light. She walked, just two feet behind Addel. The man seeing her subservient enough, and so far gone that she no longer needed that precaution. She was given the command, that if anyone were to try and pry her from him - she'd attempt to fight. 

"Ah, look, it seems we have happened across an event, Pet." Addel gestured toward a large group of players. Some in the midst of combat. "Let's not bother them pet. I'm hungry." He pointed toward the ground, and Esther sat, her legs beneath her. Addel grinned, reaching out to run a hand through her hair. "Such an obedient puppet." He shifted, and placed his head in her lap. Waiting as she once again, tore through her inventory finding what she was looking for. She placed the bowl of grapes to the side, and started to peel them, gently popping them into his mouth. 

Addel loved it, he loved the sweet and tangy taste of grapes, he loved having complete and utter control of another. He loved seeing the hurt and anguish in Lycan, and the boiling rage in Arc. He manipulated all of it, like an orchestra of despair. 

Birdie nodded hesitantly, her eyes falling to @Gotz's armaments. "Y-yeah, sorry.." Regret developed within the girl. Noticing the man roamed around a few minutes ago, she assumed he was scoping out a potential sparring partner. She thought the lack of weapon around her hip should have been enough to deter that kind of attention, though that plan quickly fell apart. "Thank you for the offer, fighting duels isn't my thing though.. I'll come by Swordaria later on today." It was the least she could do to try and make it up to him.

"Thanks," she whispered to @Arc, facing her body towards him. It was then that she realised his arm was held around her shoulders, protecting her from what little threat another player could pose. What little worries she felt became shrouded under his influence, her head resting gently on his arm. Scanning the crowd of players that formed since arriving, it was almost strange to see how many showed up. Gatherings of high and low level players presented in the masses, and the tournament seemed to be well under way with at least two fights breaking out.

She enjoyed the embrace a few seconds more, tugging on his arm lightly before she pulled away. "Are you gonna be alright here if I head back to the shop? Glacia's been on her own for hours now - I probably should've let that bird stretch her wings outside in hindsight.." Her eyes met Arc's green gaze. "Try not to get into too much trouble?" It was a simple request but she knew how protective he was; if someone was in danger he'd happily throw himself in front of them. Wrapping her arms around his chest, she pulled him into a hug that lasted longer than it probably ought to, her cheeks developing a faint red blush. "See you later!" she shouted with a wave, leaving for the town of Urbus.

-Birdie has left the thread-

He listened to the words she said as the other player looked on as if anticipating the duel to happen; Arc waited patiently and calmly for all the chaos to pass. She leaned into his arm and thanked him, and he gave only a slight nod in response. If the girl felt threatened or endangered, any sort of verbal response was unnecessary. His body language clearly stated his intent.

With so many others present, Arc never noticed any newcomers. He kept his attention right where it was, since that was the most important thing going on right then and there. "Hey, yeah, I'll be fine," he assured her once she asked if he would be alright once she'd left. "I'm sure Glacia is wrought with distress from missing you by now," he let out a chuckle and turned his gaze toward the fights as they raged on the horizon. "I have some notes to take, so I figure there's plenty to do before I get going."

Arc turned back to her when she hugged him, and he wrapped her up in a warm embrace. "I promise," he told her, whispered for her alone to hear. "No crazy shenanigans today." When she pulled away, he smiled and waved back at her. There was no cause for worry, since they were in a safe zone and he wasn't about to take any duels. Barring some outlandish happenstance, there was nothing that could force him into a lethal situation in the here and now, and he made sure that she knew it before she headed off. "See you!" he called out. "Message me if you need anything." As @Birdie disappeared from view, Arc noticed @Domarus about to get into a fight of his own.

Huh... wonder how much better he's gotten. He decided to watch the other Merc-in-training for a bit, since there were so many fights to take in.