[OP--NK-F2] Friendly Competition and Humble Dances

Opal had lifted Kusanagi ready to pounce on the action when she began to watch what was happening to Teayre. Opal who had stunned the woman, was very much like this in her duel against Ariel. She remembered the traumatizing sense of not being in control of herself when she had been baptized by Sensui himself. When the girl called out that she was the winner this time, Opal just stood there with a blank look on her face. For a moment her arm had trembled and a bead of sweat had made its way down her cheek through her mask. It took her a moment to register what happened around her. Finally relaxing her sword arm, the woman took a more relaxed stance and shifted her feet together and pushed the Blood Katana back into its sheath around her waist. Allowing for the moment of her cloak to billow once more, her body was surrounded by the leather cloak and she had checked her surroundings. 

"I suppose round one goes to me." She stated nonchalantly to herself. But it was a hollow victory, much like all the others she had ever endured and won. Taking a few steps forward, the woman had recognized the man and a bead of sweat rolled down her cheek once more, " @Baldur...stuffing himself full of cookies. A sight you don't get to see everyday." A light smile through her mask. She began to approach the individual. "Glutton today are we? Or maybe they are just really good cookies." The female had said, her cloak sweeping towards the left, her mask and hood still masking her face as she looked him on with her green eyes.

"I did not get much fulfillment from my duel with that young woman. I believe she may have been stressed out or something. But you seem to have a set of weaponry on you and you dress like an Edo Captain or something. Would you like to duel me? I can't say I am very well equipped for such a thing. But I leave that up to you, or you can stand here and eat all the cookies." 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Heh, you know I was thinking the same thing. There is a large gap in our levels, but the skills we've selected really bridge that difference. We're going to heal up whatever damage we sustain whenever Battle Healing and Regen triggers, and with both of us paralyzing each other that's only going to exacerbate the situation. Sure thing, we can call this a draw. Heh, so that means it's 1-1-2 you then in terms of our duels right?"

The bluenette gave a laugh as he swiped on his menu, initiating a draw request and approving it on his side. With that he resheathed the decorative sword back into its hip sheath and lowered his shielding arm, "Well, nonetheless that was an interesting bout, even thought it was short. Guess I'll just need to hold on until you catch up, right?"

Looking over towards where Hikoru was Calrex saw that the young man was busy with another duel, giving a laugh as the sight, "I guess we took a bit too long with our, so Hik decided to go for someone else in the meantime."

Putting his free hand into his jacket pocket the bluenette gave a small sigh, looking left and right, "Hm...where in the heck did Teayre go?"

Swiping on his menu the bluenette pulled up his nearby marker, "Alright, I think Teayre ran off somewhere, so I should go see what happened with her duel. Best of luck of your next duel."

"Let's see...that way."

Going into a jog he headed in the direction that the redhead had ran off in.

Things are different from the outside looking in.  From the inside, the sounds of merriment would mask everything else around, and conversations would go one without anyone knowing what was happening around them.  On this side, however, the hunter could only see a form of chaos that would only accumulate around the undisciplined.  Nearly everyone was challenging someone else without order or purpose.  

At least, that's what the hunter could see in his place on the outer fields.  After planting his Emerald Flame in the field, he thought that this would bring some order and balance.  Unfortunately, no one laid their eyes on the flame, which is a good thing, at best.  He didn't want anyone to become transfixed while in combat, but the situation still stood as it was.

The friendly tournament became free range madness.

Thankfully, some were getting the idea that this place was going to become anything, but friendly competition, and were leaving.  Though, one of them was also the tournament planner, so the whole thing was out, which made everything else unwarranted.

Itzal had watched the duel from start to finish and he could tell it could turn ugly at any moment.  Due to his focusing on the duel he didn't notice the event with Esther Rin and the others.  When Opal landed a strike on Teayre and Teayre resigned Itzal was surprised.  He could only see a few answers to her actions:  Either she wished to hold her dignity while not killing the player since they were at a public event, or it was possible she believed her opponent would attempt to kill her.  Either way however Teayre left the tournament afterwards.  As he watched the cloaked figure walk away and challenge someone else he leaned in to @Kasier"I don't think I stand a chance in the slightest."  He looked around and found that he couldn't see Rin at all.  He frowned as she was the one who set all of this up.  Was the event over?  He turned back to Kasier.  "I don't see Rin, and she set all this up...  Do you think it's over or should we stick around?  I'm fine for whatever I guess but I won't be doing any combat with all these powerful players hanging around."

Aereth arrived at Floor Two just minutes ago. He heard that there should be an event with friendly combat and dancing. "Hmmmm. Because I'm just level one fighting is out of question for me, at the most I could watch some battles and learn a liitle bit, but the dancing part sounds interessting..." He thought to himself as he made his way slowly to the High Field of Crossing..

After some time of walking he finally reached his destination. He was standing a little bit away of the field on a small hilltop so that he could scout a little bit what exactly was happening right now down at the field. "Man, even here I can feel the tension of this place..." he muttered into his scarf. He saw a lot of players batteling, others were watching but he didn't see many people, or rather couples dancing. A little bit dissapointed Aereth placed himself against a nearby tree. "I hoped there would be a little bit less tension, but what was I expecting. The invitation said dancing and fighting... Just for now I will stay here and observe the whole scenario, since I don't know anybody in this place", he thought as he slowly sat down still leaning on the tree.

Didn't actually realize we were in a safe zone XD

Jonathan watched as the man before him raised an eyebrow. Jonathan's eyes black with rage bore into the man's bright blue ones, but the man shown no falter or weakness. The man knew exactly where they were. A safe zone. Jonathan was powerless in this portion of the party. Jonathan grimaced and sheathed his sword. Then the man shown curiosity. He asked him how he knew what the potion then mentioned a guild. There is a guild of you lot! I actually have no idea exactly of what your potion is, but I have seen its effects and have some assumptions, and it must be terrible if no one has thought of discovering it before you! Jonathan's eyes moved to Esther as she seemed to struggle to yell at him. Anger rose in Jonathan's chest at the woman to be fooled by such man. Or perhaps this is what she wanted. She had always liked to be some kind of pet. Fine then... Have it the way you like... The lot began to walk off, master and his pet. As the man made it to the trees Jonathan shouted something after him. I hope you enjoy what will be coming to you. Jonathan turned his back to the few and began to walk off. He then returned to his friend and said, "Hey Itzal, quick duel perhaps? I know it is a little unfair since I am a tank... (@itzal) 

"Glutton today are we? Or maybe they are just really good cookies." Came a voice to startle Baldur out of his reverie. Turning to face the voice, Baldur offered a smile to the masked Geisha that had been dueling Teayre. Speaking of, where did the Crimson maid run off to? He couldn't see here anywhere, nor could he see Calrex. Apparently the gaijin Samurai had gotten distracted people watching and eating cookies.

"The cookies? Ah, actually they remind me of home. My mother's specialty was chocolate chip cookies." Baldur finished off just such a cookie before wiping his hand on a leg of his hakama.

"They just reminded me of home, I guess you could say. My mom baking cookies, and she'd often time let me lick the cookie dough off the spoon." Baldur had a bit of a nostalgic look in his eye, "But yes, the cookies are quite good as well, but perhaps the taste gave me a moment of escape."

It was then that woman challenged him, likening him to an Edo captain, and one of the few who was armed and had not yet expressed their interest in dueling. This woman had won a duel with Teayre? And was unsatisfied? If that was the case, she was out of his league. However, the thought of losing a duel never deterred Baldur... as long as it wasn't life or death, nor full loss. Such a thing was not the case here. As this was a tournament atmosphere, no one was fighting to the death.

"Very well, I accept. I'm often down for a bit of sport, though I doubt I'll give you as good a challenge as Teayre had."

Baldur bowed to the masked figure, "I, Baldur, accept your challenge in a half-loss duel. The winner gets a cookie of their choice, and the loser must buy the winner a glass of milk to go with the cookie."

Baldur gave a smile, and then began to head over to the area that had been cleared for dueling just a few moments ago between the Geisha and Teayre.

"Very well then, whenever you're ready."

Baldur rested his left hand on his sword <<Raijinken>> which is what he would be using for this duel, and with his right hand, he sent a duel request to the Geisha with the set-up for a half loss duel. Once she accepted, a countdown would begin, and he would crouch down prepared to draw his sword and strike in a single, practiced motion.

Spoiler

Baldur
HP 855
Energy 84
Mitigation 48
Accuracy 3
DMG 15 (Raijinken equipped)
Evasion 2
Search & Detect +3

Skills:

Katana Rank 5
OHCS Rank 1
Concentration
Charge Rank 2
Survival
Light Armor
Search & Detect Rank 3
Meditation
Familiar Rank 1 (Fighter, +2 DMG)

Mods:

Athletics
Precision
Ferocity Rank 5

Equipment:

Ronin Uwa-Obi | Perfect T2 L. Armor | +36 MIT +1 EVA
Emerald Teardrop | Perfect Trinket | +2 ACC +1 EVA
Raijinken | Perfect T2 Katana | +4 DMG, +1 Bleed

Itzal looked at his friend who had just approached him and smiled.  "Hey Jonathan!  How's it going?"  When Jonathan mentioned a duel he glanced to @Kasier for a moment.  "Well...  I suppose I could do a quick duel yeah.  Kasier you don't mind right?  And Jonathan, you may be a tank but I've been seriously working on my skills.  I'm a lot stronger now than you might think."  Itzal opened his menu and equipped Niger Natio, covering himself in the black cloak, as well as drawing Ascendant's Rosario and backing up a few paces to make some room between them.  He nodded to Kasier and looked at Jonathan.  "I'm ready when you are my friend!"  As he took his position he recalled what he knew about his friend's equipment.  The sword had paralysis on it, and his armor had all out MIT.  The Shield itself held thorns and one regeneration.  He knew that the only way for him to win was by stunning his opponent and landing bleed over and over again.  He was sure he could take some decent hits with his higher level however he didn't want to depend on that too much.  His own equipment would definitely help balance the fight of course.

@Morgenstern

ID#  69240  LD:  4  Dang.

Spoiler

640/640 hp  <>  64/64 energy  <>  3 MIT  <>  3 Evasive  <>  2 Accuracy  <>  8 base dmg  <>  2 Bleed  <>  Meditation (+1 energy on CD roll of 10+)

Edited by Itzal

"I should have brought my rum with me," Tobias lamented as things got louder and duels began and ended rather quickly. It was interesting to see the results of several, though one or more seemed to drag for whatever reason. Arc had learned a great deal about the different ways that Frontline fighters fought from just watching.

That would prove most beneficial in the coming weeks, as he strained to find the best build to complement what he was going for. The difference between his new weapon and the former would be vast, and only time would tell where points would need to go, and how good he would be when it was all done.

Now that he was mostly alone, he heard @Beatbox say something, but didn't quite catch it. "You good, buddy?" he asked, clearly oblivious to whatever had happened. "It's cool to be able to hang out again, and without having to worry about darkness or creepy mobs."

The blonde let out a sigh of relief when the little comotion came to a conclusion on its own. She watched as the two left and with a small nod towards her own self restrain, she turned to watch the remaining of the duel. Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw Teayre resign."what did you expect?... you gave away your items just a little while back. Of course you wouldn't pack the same punch." Thought the blonde as she continued to watch her slender figure leave.

It was a bit of downer that, until now, nobody was showing interest in her or in dueling her. Maybe she should've minded her own business and walk pass this party. Still some other duels we're about to start so she decided to stay along for a bit longer and see what the potential new batch of frontliners had to bring. Her eyes landed once again on the suspiciously masked figure as it was Baldur's turn to be challenged. A small sigh escaped her lips as she continue to observe them.

"A glass of milk?" The woman asked. This was a bit of a joke for a wager of a duel. But the shrouded figure shrugged her shoulders, "I guess that can work. Although I could make things more interesting." She said with her eyes narrowed behind her mask. The woman drew her red tinted Katana from its sheath and was in a relaxed position, not in any sort of stance which made things a bit unnecessary for a game such as this. You either land your blow, or you don't. Stances meant nothing. 

So with her hand firmly on the hilt, she moved her free hand up and adjusted the mask as the countdown began. There was a bead of sweat rolling down her cheek once again, it sure was hot as hell under all these robes and this combo hood and mask thing. She knew others who ran amuk in this sort of attire in the Laughing Coffin, but Opal was a woman of fashion and she did not enjoy the heat although being a hot, sweaty girl was not a bad thing, but it had to be on her conditions. Rolling her eyes at the thoughts, her mind was elsewhere at the moment and not on the duel itself. 

She gave a small cough through her mask as the timer continued to wind down, "Man, that thirty second thing is really quite slow." She said barely audible. She was baking like a cake in this thing, sweat rolling from her forehead now as she adjusted the cloak, hoping a wind would issue a pleasant breeze or something to keep her cool in the damn thing. She didn't wanna resort to stripping it off right now, revealing who she was and why she was here. Of course it was obvious, she was still waiting on this dance thing to happen if that ever was gonna happen. 

ID: 69249
LD: 8

Opals HP: 1100/1100
EN: 110/110
Sword Art: 
Opals Stat Reference Sheet

Baldurs Stats: 
Stuff here

Edited by Opal

Jonathan watched as Itzal agreed and pulled out his bright blue sword. Jonathan smiled and pulled out his own sword. He needed to let off some steam before going away. He was quite pissed about Esther, and planned to figure out how to get her out of that man's clutches. Esther was not his booty call. As Jonathan readied himseld he examined his equipment and realized he forgot his armor, and was still in his jacket. He pulled up his menu and equipped seraph guardian. After an instant the White and Gold armor Materialized around him raising his stats. Well, Let us see who is stronger and faster both in mind and data. Jonathan found himself staring at Itzal's equipment. It seemed new. Even Niger Natio. The light armor that Jonathan had met him in. He never wore the mouth piece anymore though. Jonathan thought of the past. It had been a chance meeting. I thought he was Emblem, who was in fact my role model then. I had been soloing a lot then, and I didn't know very many people. Luckily Itzal didn't care and requested that I went and trained with him. We fought in a cave full of goblins and there... We decided to become partners. For some time we were neck and neck in level but I took a little bit more than a few breaks and now he is many levels higher than I. Jonathan refocused onto his ally/enemy. 

You first my friend!

69251 LD:1 SERIOUSLY

Spoiler

Jonathan's stats

420 HP 

7 base damage

43 mitigation

14 thorns

1 regeneration. 

Edited by Morgenstern

As the two of them stood there waiting for the timer to hit zero, he contemplated whether or not he should use Soul Barrage, the technique that Ulises created and gave to Itzal.  However upon heavy thought he ended up deciding not to.  It wouldn't be fair to Jonathan and he wasn't sure he was ready for the world to see it just yet.  Not to mention it required for Itzal to turn on anger and while he could control it now, it wasn't the best thing to fight his friend with.  Especially with how their first duel went.  No he'd use a different tactic during this fight.  He watched his friend pull out his armor and nodded.  5...4...3...2...1...  Itzal prepared himself and as soon as it hit zero he charged.  Being light on his feet and able to land the bleeding effect would be his only hope in this fight, and one of the key points to a duel was to be the first to hit your opponent.  So Itzal rushed up and parried Jonathan's blade away before releasing the sword art Shadow Explosion slashing his blade five times across his body and finishing it off with four thrusts in pinpoint areas, landing a critical hit and activating the bleeding effect.  Itzal leaped back before Jonathan could return a blow.

ID#  69252  BD:  9  CD:  3

Itzal:  320/320  <>  55/64

Morgenstern:  172/210  <>  42/42 energy (base 8+1 crit x 9 - 43 = 38 dmg.  Bleeding added.  24 dmg for two turns)

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

The woman seemed quite surprised by Baldur's suggestion of a wager. He didn't want to bet anything on a friendly duel, but sometimes a joke bet made it more fun and helped to lighten the mood. When she said she could make it more interesting, Baldur figured he had not been able to adequately convey the light-hearted matter he was going for. 

Then the countdown began in earnest.

The steel blue eyes took on a serious cast, but his playful smile never faltered. He was going to try and show off, who knew what this duel would bring, but he would have fun and test out this new combination to see how it handled. He hadn't dueled anyone but Oikawa in a long time, and he had changed by leaps and bounds since he last engaged the blond in single combat.

The number hit one and Baldur was already in the pre-motion of the <<Charge>> skill. He felt the system assist trying to pull him into the manuver, but he held back, tensing it light a rubber-band ready to fired. When the fight started, all Baldur had to do was not resist the system and he immediately became a blurr of motion, almost vanishing from sight to become a blue and orange blur. His speed with the charge skill meant that he was already in melee range, and she could not use the skill against him if she had it. He had weighted in his mind whether he should open with a stun or gamble on the paralyze proc working, but it seemed his decision was for naught as he brought his katana down where she had been standing, but she was took slippery for such an obvious move to land as she danced to the side of his strike.

"Tsk." Baldur made and annoyed noise to himself as he missed, something which he rarely did. Now the question would be if he could evade her stun attack.

ID# 69253 BD: 4+3-3 (miss) LD: 13

Opals HP: 1100/1100
EN: 110/110
Sword Art: 
Opals Stat Reference Sheet

Baldurs HP: 855/855
EN: 82/84
Sword Art: (missed)
Baldur's Stat Reference Sheet

Beatbox had yawned once more, he noticed that people we're starting to leave, he thought to himself that it was coming to around that time. He looked around and noticed that people were still dueling, who knows... maybe we we're not going to get to the dancing contest today, or even the dueling tournament, I guess most of them got discouraged and left due to many of the front liners appearing their faces here, he grinned and stood up with a stretch, he yawned once more... look's like it was his time to take his leave. "Catch you all later." he said with another yawn and a goodbye wave as he walked away. He looked back to Rin and gave her a wink "Good luck on the rest of the event!" and then went back to looking forward and continued to walk away from the event, sure it was certainly interesting at what had happened today at this event, but he shook off his thoughts and had an angered look... he thought to himself "That Addel figure... he certainly is up to no good." he growled and continued to think to himself "Why did I not challenge him to a duel? I should have put him in his place, but alas its too late." and he continued to walk away from the event.

- Beatbox has left the thread. (Good luck on the rest of the remaining duels!)

Kasier smiled when Itzal stated that if he was to engage in any of the combat, it was inevitable that he would lose. However, Kasier seemed to be a lot more confident in his abilities than himself. Itzal was one of the hardest working players that she knew in this game, not that she really knew many players personally. She had met a few here and there occasionally but Itzal was probably one of her closest people, in terms of how much she knew about them. Itzal’s hardworking factor was enough to raise him high into the ranks with little time. Perhaps that is why Kasier found him so interesting and attractive.

Kasier nodded as Jonathan walked over to the two players. His presence reminded Kasier of the night that she and Itzal kissed. It’s been a while since that night, and she wasn’t sure whether Jonathan knew about the fact that she and Itzal were together now… For certain, she didn’t tell Jonathan about it. She wouldn’t be surprised if Itzal told the man though, since the two were pretty good friends before that night when Jonathan lost his cool as well. In summary, Kasier had considered that night both a good one, and a terrifying one.

It was then that Jonathan challenged Itzal to a match, a battle between two friends. From the tone of the two, it seemed that they already made up, which was great considering that they were guild mates. Kasier nodded to Itzal, signaling that she was ok if he went for a quick clash. “Alright, good luck, Itzal.” A smile followed and Kasier walked to the side in order to avoid any potential damage to her or in case she might interrupt the battle. This should be Itzal’s win… His stats and levels should be significantly greater than Jonathan’s.

As the two guys was walking over to duel, Kasier backed away, probably to not interrupt. Thou Zandra followed them. An idea was growing in her mind. She would pretty easy take them out in a fight one on one. But maybe, just maybe. She could also try out a build she rarely use otherwise but is thinking about building up to work.

She watched the two player clash against each other. So she better waited for them to complete their duel. Then she would ask them if they was up for a 2 vs 1 battle. She was planning to go with her sword instead of axe. That way she would have one hand left for the shield. But very well, time to wait.

When she was waiting she took and looked around at the field for the party. Many players seemed to have left without her even notice it. With a deep sigh she realised she must have been struck by one of her space out attacks that some times hits her. Or maybe she should challenge Opal. But when she found her with her eyes she was already busy with Baldur.

OOC- Dang Itzal Sheesh. 

As the duel began, and the count hit zero, Jonathan took a defensive stance. He watched as Itzal dashed forward but something was different. Much different. Jonathan fell back in astonishment at the man's speed. Jonathan tried to counter, but it had no effect. It was dodged and blocked by Itzal. The man, then leapt back before Jonathan could land a hit. Jonathan looked at the marks all over his body. Itzal had done a good amount of damage. Jonathan grunted as he seen Itzal. Wha... How! Your speed is Impossible! After Jonathan was finished exclaiming he thought for a short second. I can't afford to let him make another move. These marks will probably hurt eventually. Jonathan readied himself, feeling his power rise as he readied a sword art he still had yet to use. He charged forward, dashing forward. His speed was not as fast as Itzal's but much faster than someone at his level or most tanks. Jonathan had something different. He had light armor, not heavy. Jonathan arrived and began to try slashing with an uppercut, but to his demise, Itzal was much too fast, dodging every swipe. Jonathan's face was one of exasperation. Itzal's training had paid off. He was impossibly strong. Jonathan held no match. The duel had almost completely been settled. Jonathan took a few steps back before looking doown at his shield. It had not given off its normal brilliance that it usually did in fights. The one time it does not work huh?

Spoiler

69270 BD:6-3=3  Miss CD:3  No Regen 

Jonathan 172/210 <<41/42>>

Itzal 320/320

Edited by Morgenstern

Itzal had leaped back and dodged and parried his friends blade.  It seemed a bit slower than last time but he assumed it was his training.  After Jonathan finished his assault he seemed to glance real quickly at his own shield and Itzal saw his chance.  He struck out at Jonathan.  He could tell he wasn't going to land a critical hit because he knew his friend would spot the attack quickly despite being distracted, so since he wouldn't be dealing as much damage as last time he chose to use a different sword art.  His sword began to glow blue as he swung his blade in an uppercut.  As Jonathan moved to block the attack, Ascendant's Rosario scraped the shield, dealing the thorns damage to him, and finally striking his friend's armor.  The damage was minimal of course, but what was important was the sword art's effect.  As he watched the paralysis appear beside his friend's health bar he leaped back again and inspected his health real quick.  Thorns would be good if he was fighting for the longest time.  If they were equal in level this would be no contest.  He shrugged to his friend.  "You probably would have done the same to me, like the last time."

ID#  69271  BD:  5+2-7  CD:  10

Jonathan 171/210 <<41/42>>

Itzal 306/320  <>  54/64

@Morgenstern

Edited by Itzal

He came with all the intents and purposes on dealing the first blow. Opal's items had helped her get a foot in on the Samurai, slipping to his left just the moment his blade would have pressed into her cloak. Even if he had grazed her, the woman had neatly side stepped out of the way of his rushing blade, "Too many cookies there, huh?" She said weighing in on his dilemma. She had raised her Kusangi to meet his, but while his momentum carried him away, her strike also fell short of the mark. She was annoyed she missed such an easy target and rolled her eyes through her mask. The sweat accumulated over her chest within the cloak and she was baking on the inside of the heavy thing. 

Opal took a few steps back to gain a bit of distance between her and Baldur, lifting one arm up and over her collar she beat away the heat that was melting her from the inside, "Really now. Does it feel hotter than normal out here to you? This thing is such a discomfort. I don't wanna bake in this thing, so can we move this along and try not miss one another. Win or lose, I rather not get all sweaty and have my make up run under this thing, not when I have a Dancing Competition to win."

The woman sought out the crowd that was now getting smaller and smaller. What was going on? Did people start losing interest already? "Oh for fucks sake, why the hell are people leaving when the real fun hasn't even begun?" her tone was somewhat audible through her mask and hood, although she was just mostly complaining to herself. She rolled her eyes and swept a hand to adjust her hood and mask, "Alright. Enough playing around. I'm starting to get hot and pissy, let's get this done." 

Opals HP: 1100/1100
EN: 108/110
Sword Art: Miss
Opals Sheet

Baldurs HP: 855/855
EN: 82/84
Sword Art: (missed)
Baldur's Sheet

ID: 69277
BD:5 +2 [Savvy] = 7-2 = 5 Miss

Edited by Opal