[EVENT - F2] NERIUS THE EVIL TREANT

Word had been out for just around a week now that there was a boss lingering about on the second floor, one that had been cleared long ago, but judging from word that had been passed around, another brute had taken the freed land as his home. There was a call to players to form a raid to take out the boss quickly and efficiently, but there didn't seem to be much known about requirements of what players should be and what they should bring. Even low levels like herself were heading there, knowing that the hard hitting floor wipers would be there to help keep them alive if things got rough so Alice had taken it upon herself to give it a shot and see what this game was really about. Having made her way to the designated gathering spot, she noticed only one individual that she knew by name and that happened to be Mack, the one organizing the whole shebang. She gave a quick wave and asked a few things on her mind, "Are you ready to go through with this...? And am I?"

Spoiler

Combat Stats:
Level - 1
HP - 20
Energy - 2
4 Base Damage (1 (skill) + 1 (weapon) + 2 (2H bonus) + 1 (base)) = 4
27 Mitigation (27 Armor)
+14 Thorns
+0 Accuracy
-0 Evasion

Equipped Items:
Angelic Sheath | T1 Perfect Armor | +9 Mit, +14 Thorns
Cloak of the Sands | T1 Perfect Armor | +18 MIT, +7 Thorns (not stackable)
Piercer | T1 Uncommon 2HSS | +1 Accuracy

Consumables:
N/A

Battle Ready Inventory:
N/A

Skills: 
2H SS | 1 Rank

Mods:
N/A

Edited by Alice
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teayre’s footsteps echoed as she arrived at the second floor. Her usual informant had given her a tip off about an event boss. The red head rested her blade on her shoulder as she stepped into the sunlit mountaintop. “So, I’m back here…” She mutters quietly. Finally she arrived outside the gates of Urbus, narrowing her eyes she meets spots the Vice Commander of the Knights. Her lip twitched for a second her fingers flexing around the hilt. She shifted from foot to foot before ploughing forwards. Raising a hand she greets the group before falling quiet and settling down just outside of the safe zone. With a flick of her wrist she opens her menu and sends Mack a message, seeing as he was just out of earshot of her.

If you’ll have me, I’d like to help and come along.
Teayre

As she hit send the red head swallowed closing her eyes as her chest rose and fell deeply.

Teayre's Stats:

Spoiler

Level: 55 HP: 1115 EN: 110 DMG: 13 ACC: 4 MIT: 12

Equipment:

Finding Stone: +3 ACC
Akuma's Vein: +2 Flame Aura, +2 Light Momentum
Ketsueki Kanashiki: +6 DMG

Skills:
One Handed Curved Sword - Rank 5
Light Armour - Rank 3
Charge - Rank 5
Battle Healing - Rank 1
Search and Detect - Rank 3
Fighting Spirit

Extra Skills:
Katana - Rank 1
Battojutsu - Rank 1
Concentration
Survival

Skill Mods:
Athletics - + 1 DMG / + 15 HP
Precision - +1 ACC
Reveal
Night Vision
One Handed Curved Sword Rank 5 Ferocity. (Understand that SAs are restricted to rank 3)

Edited by Teayre
Spoiler

Stats

Level 30
HP:  600/600
EN:  60/60
Damage:  1
Mitigation: 54
First Aid: 40%
Combat Craft: +3

Skills

Rank 5|First Aid
Rank 2|Block
Howl
Survival
Rank 0|Martial Arts

Mods

Field Medic

Equipment

Locusta's Respite: *Quest Event - Effect on first post*
Charm of the Kasier: +3 Combat Craft
Lightsworn Armor: +54 Mitigation

Items At Ready

Banner of Leadership: 2/3 Charge
Teleportation Crystal
4X Safeguard Potion
1x T2 Amazon Princesses (3x Mass HP Recovery)

Kasier was here to join yet another event boss. This time, she had more mitigation and she was more assured of her safety. Plus, she had the ability to use a safeguard and prevent the first hit on her. In addition, she had just recently purchased a quest item called Locusta's Respite which mitigates poison damage to some extent... 70% or something. In addition to her survival skill, she should be able to be immune to the poison. She was totally safe, especially since she would be free from any AoE with her safeguard. She had planned this out very carefully and as she arrived, she realized that her guild was basically already here. Kasier walked over to join @Itzal and this time, she wasn't as nervous as the last time that she had joined an event boss raid. Last time, she had joined an event boss for the first time and realized that the players were easily able to beat the event boss. This time, she was even better, and she shall heal accordingly.

-1 Safeguard (Safeguard effect applied)

Edited by Kasier
Spoiler

Calrex Stats | Level: 78:
HP: 1575
EN: 156
DMG: 17
ACC: 1 (Completely forgot about Roc XD)
EVA: 0
MIT: 134
Heavy Momentum: 2
Thorns: 28

Gear:
Grand Blade II (T2): +3 DMG
Grand Chariot II (T2): +1 MIT / +2 Thorns
Grand Guard II (T2): +2 MIT / +1 Heavy Momentum

At Ready:
Tide Pendant: +2 EVA / +1 Loot Dice
Grand Gauntlets II (T2): +3 Unarmed DMG
5x Safeguard Potion
1x Basic Teleportation Crystal
1x Tiger's Rage Potion: +2 DMG for one thread
1x Monkey Agility Potion : +1 EVA for one thread
1x Woodland Armor (T2): +30 MIT (3 charges) 

Active Skill Mods:
Athletics (Heavy Armor)
Quick-Change (One-Handed Straight Sword)
Focused Howl (Howl)
Precision (Martial Arts)
Safe Guard (Block)

Active Buffs:
Safeguard Potion

Banner of Leadership (from Zandra)

"Guess another boss had decided to show itself. If the details I heard is anywhere accurate, that means that the teams are going to need tanks again."

Arriving at the location of the raid's prep area the Ultramarine Knight glanced at everyone that was present, nodding to those he had recognized from past encounters. Not surprisingly, there were a significant selection of the frontliners also in attendance, among those including his wife, the former Crimson Maiden now Amaranth Rose. With the way the current state of affairs was, this particular raid would serve to accomplish two things, one being nearly guaranteed, and the second a bit of inter-player competition. The first was of course, the experience, group rewards, and skill points gained from the encounter. The second was the item that was dropped from the boss. "If there's two things that never fails to stir some animosity amongst the community, it's the unique skills and boss drop items. Guess I can't really talk though, since I inherited Achilles from Tristan."

Even though the bluenette was the current user of the <<Achilles>> unique skill, he always made sure to remember that Tristan had given it to him right before disappearing from the floor raids: He himself hadn't undertaken the ordeal to gain it. That thought kept him humble, avoiding the flaunting of that asset. 

Moving over to Teayre's area, he gave a smile to her before immediately setting to equipping himself. His avatar flashed rapidly as he equipped the Grand Chariot II, Grand Blade II, and Grand Guard II, his own clothing vanishing beneath the suit of deep-sea blue armor. As for his at-ready items, he had already set his seven slots to their respective items.

Set for the battle to begin he quietly closed his eyes and leaned against a nearby wall, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

On the second floor, in the crater settlement Urbus, many players were gathering. If rumors could be trusted, a boss had appeared on this floor; one that had taken the place of a previous. Many players looked at it as a good chance to get stronger, some for the loot, and others had their own desires. One of the players that had chosen to join was Vargas. Noticing the large congregation of players, he strode over to them. Listening to most of the players, most people knew one or most others. He looked around for any familiar faces he might know. The first he saw was Morgenstern, who'd helped him and Row back during a quest that they were trying to complete. He was about to walk up to him and say hi and thank him again for before but stopped when he saw another player, @Row. He ran up behind her before saying "Sup Row. Planning on trying to make some more cash of this boss?"

Level 8

HP: 160

EN: 16

DMG: 3

ACC: 1

EVA: 2

MIT: 18

Gear:

Anneal Blade +1 ACC

Iron Breastplate 18 Mit

Nullifying Pendent +2 Eva, +1 LD

Skills:

One Handed Sword R2 +2 DMG

Edited by Vargas

Hydra watched nervously as players filtered in one by one. A few he recalled, Zandra gave him a nod which he happily returned. Dominion, someone whom he had met a while back also showed up. "I am indeed, nice to see you again." The adventurer responded with a smile. Even Sey showed up, a good friend of Hydra's whom he greeted in his usual manner. Mack had then asked Hydra about Lyrica's fang, a unique he had received from an event a while back. "Right now it's in my store, I am afraid I have not encountered many other one-handed spear users yet. At least ones who grow at a steady pace." He laughed glancing over to his snow-haired friend.

Suddenly the brunette remembered the order Mack had placed a few days earlier, "Ah sorry here this is for you." He said wandering over to the vice commander and handing him the Locusta's Respite. Hydra had planned to avoid too many conversations with all the guilds around, however, he had six more of these items to give out. Reluctantly the adventurer raised his voice, although retained his usual light-hearted and friendly manner. "Hi, if anyone is still missing an amulet for this event I have some here to give away. Although I would recommend the lower leveled player's come forward first."

Mack receives Locusta's Respite.

Locusta's Respite (all gone)

Spoiler

Please see Hydra's item evaluations for proof of craft :3 

Name: Locusta's Respite (Event Item) [x6]

Enhancements:  Grants 75% Immunity from all poison and toxin damage while fighting Nerius. 

Description: An amulet craftable only by artisans that helps mitigate the effect of toxins. Becomes vanity after use.

Edited by Hydra

Hakai brushed her long blonde hair behind her shoulder gently before unsheathing her katana delicately. New look new personality after all, she thought, suppressing the urge to smirk. She smiled instead, a genuine looking one. As someone who lacked caring for the most part, as well as many of the emotions that a normal person experienced, she didn't find it all that difficult to act, or even take on a different persona if she could get that act to become habit. She drank her last remaining damage potion, the only potion she had actually brought to this event, hoping that since this event seemed to be geared towards the lower levels that it might be okay to go without a safeguard or damage mitigation potion. She hoped that she wouldn't regret the decision. She just hadn't had a chance to grab one from an alchemist before coming here.

Hakai's Stats:

Spoiler

Level 35

HP: 700 HP

Mitigation: 54+3=57

DMG: 6(Familiar)+1(Base)+5(Skill)+2(Katana bonus)+6(Potion)+1(Ferocity)= 21

Blight: 28 (For 2 turns)

Envenom: 12 (For 4 turns)

EVA: 3

Mods: Quick change

Skills:

Katana (5)

One handed Curved Sword (1)

Light Armor (1)

Familiar: Damage (3)

At the Ready: 

x1 Limbo's Claw V1: 2 Bleed, 1 Par

a

Edited by Hakai

When Aereth heard about a special event boss that would spawn on the second floor, he immediately picked up his battle equipment and headed towards the northern gate of the second floor. Fenrir at first was a little bit reluctant about coming with him, since the fire in the chimney of Aereth’s show was just perfect for him to relax. But fortunately the wolf decided to go with him and help him with the boss fight.

Reaching the norther gate of Urbus in a couple of minutes, Aereth saw a big amount of players that already gathered at the meeting point. “Wow, hopefully I’m not the last to arrive…” he thought and opened his inventory to check again if everything was where it should be. “I can’t afford to be associated with the Celestials, when I’m in this armor… And they shouldn’t know about Fenrir yet, since I didn’t show him to them…” he thought as he spotted some of his guild members in near distance. Like in the Christmas event, he was just another solo player that nobody knew…

Spoiler

Combat Stats:
Level - 25
HP - 500
Energy - 50
Damage - 1 Base + 4 OHSS + 6 Weapon + 4 FM:Fighter = 15 DMG
+3 Accuracy
+1 Evasion
+36 Mitigation
+16 Flame Damage when hit

Equipped Items:
Sin of Valor | T2 Perfect 1H OHSS| +6 Damage
Goldcrest MK.2 | T2 Perfect LA | +1 EVA, +1MIT, +1FlameAura
Dexterous Intent | Ring | +3 ACC

Consumables:
n/A

Battle Ready Inventory:
(1) Nightingale (+3 EVA Armor)
(1) Discovery Ring (+3 LD Ring)

Skills: 
OHSS | 4 Ranks
MA | 0 Ranks
S&D | 2 Ranks
Gatherer | Rank n/A
Survival | Rank N/A
Disguise | Rank n/A

Mods:
n/A

Edited by Aereth

After Hydra made that little announcement of some items to help them out, he would look to see if any of the lower leveled players would come to accept them when the battle was about to begin. Unfortunately, it seemed like not a single one of them stepped up to it, meaning there could very well be a few dead bodies after this boss fight. But he could only play his part. So taking the smart route, he would approach Hydra to take the item. "I'm a moderate enough level. Thanks Hydra, I'll take one of these." The snow-haired player would explain before then taking one of the Respite items for himself, equipping it as he would then brace for the boss monster to soon come. Poison was a nasty experience to deal with, it was slow suffering for the ones who are on the receiving end. It made Sey feel safer knowing that he was able to use the item to lower the effects of the poison. Hopefully other players do too.

+1 Locusta's Respite

OOC: This is NOT the Official Starting Post for this event. I will get that posted, and end sign-ups, sometime late tonight. Let no one say they didn't have a fair chance to take part ;). In the meantime I'll get the Locusta's Respite's from Hydra passed out and let this serve as everyone's final warning to make sure their posts are done and their stat sheets (with character level) posted.

Mack nodded greetings to the various players that were assembled as they made their presences known, occasionally offering a word of greeting as it seemed warranted. When Hydra appeared at his side and pressed a Locusta's Respite amulet into his hands the hulking axe man dropped it over his head and when Hydra announced that he had several more to hand out another white-haired player quickly hurried over and claimed on. In order to prevent their from being a rush on the items, which might keep them out of the hands of the players that needed them the most, Mack raised his own voice and decided to take matters into his own hands.

"You, @Alice," he boomed, pointing a finger in the direction of the blonde woman. "Get one of these amulets from Hydra. @Magda, you come and get one of these too, and you," the Vice Commander called, leveling a finger in the direction of @Row as he tried to remember the name of the girl that had been pinned under Chewie's weight in his shop a few days earlier. "Row," he said at last, once he remembered her name. "And you two," he barked, pointing a finger at @Evander and @Vargas in turn. "You two should take the last two amulets that @Hydra has."

As he had been speaking his menu had dinged to alert him of an incoming private message. Swiping his fingers in the air to call up the menu and then the message Mack's storm grey eyes swept through the text before typing out a short reply to Teayre. 'Of course you're welcome here. The only orange player I have a problem with is Opal, but for an event like this the safety of the low levels is most important. Everyone is welcome here, unless they try to PK during the event.' Tapping the send button on the message Mack regarded the assembled players once more.

"We'll group up and head out from Urbus in about fifteen more minutes. Finish your preparations. If you have a weapon that imparts burning damage or a potion like the Cerberus Soul that does the same, or armor that carries flame thorns, you may want to consider using it. Nerius receives more damage from fire-type sources. We will also be able to form groups of six, instead of the normal four, as we carry out this raid. The groups will be mixed between low-level players and high-level players and every group should have at least two tanks for maximum safety. For now I would like the tanks to gather around me, the damage dealers to gather around Teayre," Mack pointed a finger in Teayre's direction. "And if we have any healers, find a place to congregate apart from either the tanks or the damage dealers. We're going to strive for group balance and maximum safety for this raid."

Without hesitation, the wanderer made his way towards Teayre. The Crimson Swordmaiden who's butchered a lot of people.As he got closer, his heart began to pound faster with every step. This was the first time, he has ever gone out on the fields with Teayre and the one thing that has always kept the wanderer going is the mind set that no matter what, you have to survive. The wanderer has heard of theories though as to why Teayre did what she did. Apparently the madness of Muramasa can be pretty damning. The wanderer takes a deep breath before finally saying something. "H-hey... Teayre-san." Although, dubbed a PKer, Rain believed Teayre deserve the respect since she's come so far already and has earned a lot of levels. "I'm a DPS and a backup Healer if needed..." he says as he looked at Teayre in the eye. While waiting for her to say something, the rest of the DPS players came crowding around her.

Edited by Rain

'Aaand once again, scouts are useless.' The thought didn't linger for long as she rose to her feet, and made way for the orange player just outside the settlement's borders. She wasn't all-too thrilled nor comfortable to be placed under the wing of a murderer, especially one as infamous as Teayre, but given her lack of suitability for any other role the arrangement would have to work out. At least she wouldn't be the first to arrive, having spotted the alchemist 'Rain' stood beside the crimson-haired woman.

Equipment at the ready and Glacia perched on her shoulder, Birdie approached the meeting point for all DPS players.For obvious reasons she tried to avoid eye contact with the player killer, and instead focused on the waves off incoming players as everyone scurried to get organised. 'The red headed man in charge seems like an alright leader, this should be a good event.' She leant against a nearby wall and double checked her inventory, awaiting further instruction from any commanding voice.

Edited by Birdie

Evander jumped, as the large man in charge of this whole shebang pointed at him. That was the, uh, Vice-Commander of the Knights, right? What was his name again? Mack, was it? That sounded about right. Oh yeah, he should've probably been listening. So, some player named Hydra was giving out amulets, that would help defend against the boss's poison attack thing, huh? Well, if the man in charge of this whole thing was ordering him to get one, it was probably best to listen to him, if he didn't want to die. Evander edged through the other players to get to Hydra. "Hey, man. I'm Evander. I guess I'll be taking one of these amulets, then, since I'm one of the lower-leveled players that Mack was mentioning."

<Locusta's Respite> obtained!

"Thanks, Hydra. It's pretty nice of you to make extras of this thing to help out other players." Evander put the amulet around his head, and stepped away. And, now they were going to be gathering around different players according to role. Great. Well, he most definitely was not a healer, with no <First Aid> skill, and only a measly three healing crystals to his name. And, with only 12 mitigation, he could pretty safely say that he wasn't a tank, either. So, DPS it was. Oh, huh, DPS people were supposed to gather around Teayre. He definitely knew her, she were going to be on a boat with Domarus and him. "Oh, hey, Teayre. I'll be standing in your group, I guess."

Updated Stats

Spoiler

Combat Stats:
Level - 15
HP - 300
Energy - 30
5 Base Damage (3(skill)+1(weapon)+1(base)) = 5
12 Mitigation (3 Skill + 9 Armor)
+1 Accuracy
+12 Bleed DMG on 9-10

Equipped Items:
Retributor | T1 Perfect One Handed Straight Sword | +1 Damage, +1 Accuracy, +1 Bleed
Brown Cloak | T1 Rare LA | +9 MIT, +7 thorns
Locusta's Respite | Special Item (Amulet) | 75% immunity from poison damage while fighting Nerius

Battle Ready Inventory:
(3) HP Recovery Crystals (T1, Heals 40 HP)
(1) Matriarch's Stinger (+1 DMG for a thread)

Skills: 

One Handed Straight Sword | 3 Ranks (+3 DMG)
Light Armor | 1 Rank (+3 MIT)

Vargas walked over to the leader of the event and accepted the amulet that was handed to him. He looked at it's info and decided it might be best to wear it. Adding the Locusta's Respite alongside his Nullifying Pendant, he was about to walk back to Row when Mack ordered the players to head to specific areas. "Cya after the event Row," Vargas waved as he walked of to go gather with Teayre and the others.

His pace slowed as he realized that Teayre was considered a criminal by the system. Though, no body seemed particularly against her being here he continued forward. "My name is Vargas and I'm currently a damage dealer. I leave myself in your hands," Vargas said with a futsurei bow in her direction. He straightened his back and rubbed the back of his head before realizing he'd forgotten to drink the potion he'd bought from Zandra's. Opening his menu, he quickly summoned his Flaming Weapon Potion, popped the cork out and gulped it down quickly. Now I should be able to deal more damage and be a more effective member.

+Locusta's Respite

-Flaming Weapon Potion

+2 DMG

Stats Updated

Level 8

HP: 160

EN: 16

DMG: 5

ACC: 1

EVA: 2

MIT: 18

Gear:

Anneal Blade +1 ACC

Iron Breastplate 18 Mit

Locusta's Respite 75% Immunity from poison and toxin damage

Nullifying Pendent +2 Eva, +1 LD

Skills:

One Handed Sword R2 +2 DMG

Edited by Vargas

Kooh resisted the urge to let out a low grumble. The blonde had her hands in her pockets, black and white hood pulled up in her everyday casual outfit. As she tentatively made her way towards a sizable gathering of players of all different skill levels, she couldn't help feeling sorely out of place. Her new roommate had been trying to persuade her to attend whatever this was for some time, and with nothing else to do she finally dragged herself out of bed. Her garnet eyes shifted through the group as she tried to quickly blend in among what looked like the lower level players, only hoping that none of them were overly talkative.

'This better not get me killed.' She thought with annoyance. The only details she retained were something about a boss fight and sweet loot, but a lot of the other players around her were preparing with gear and items--two things she hadn't bothered to upgrade and bring with her beforehand. The snow-haired player had disappeared earlier in the day, so she figured she didn't have much time left if she was actually going to tag along. Shifting her weight to one side, Kooh simply watched other players as they talked amongst themselves.

Declared Stats

Spoiler

Kooh

• Level 10
  • 200 HP / 20 Energy
  • Equipped:
    • [T1] [Rare] Coat of Evasion +2 EVA
    • [T1] [Rare] Pendant of Oversight +2 ACC
    • [Vanity] Cloth clothing
  • Skills:
    • Rank 2 - Martial Arts
  • Stats:
    • DMG: 5
    • EVA: 2
    • ACC: 2

Among the crowd, he would then see the ginger that he invited a few moments back in the past, in the morning specifically when he told her of the event and that it would help boost her tremendously. But he just shrugged it off and told her that it was her choice to go or not, and that he was not going to bother forcing her. So he honestly did not expect her to arrive. When he did see that however, he decided to approach her and reward her with a gift to save her life in the event. "Welcome to the event, goldielocks. Didn't think youd arrive Here, I got ya a gift. Should keep ya safe in this fight. Hopefully we party up."  Sey would explain as he would then open up the inventory and hand over the Locusta's Respite item over to his roommate, soon to be ally on the battlefield against whatever they were soon going to be facing. "Should protect you against most of the poison. I'll heal you for what the item doesn't, do you should be safe."

-1 Locusta's Respite to @Kooh

When Kooh heard a familiar voice, her attention snapped to the familiar face of the snow-haired boy as he held out an item to her. The girl offered him a pout and quickly stuck out her tongue in response to his new nickname to express her disapproval before taking the item he was handing over. She inspected it a moment--some kind of amulet--before putting it on over her hood. It rested just between her collarbones, higher than her ruby pendant.so at least the two items weren't bumping into each other. "Thanks." She mumbled afterwards, not questioning the item or its function. She didn't care to hear the explanation, but didn't want to seem more ungrateful than usual. Although she'd let herself relax around Sey more than she expected, she wasn't going to allow herself to get too comfortable. That aside, her mind was elsewhere at the moment, keeping at least part of her focus on the players around them and the anticipation in the air.

Updated/Final Stats:

Spoiler

Kooh

• Level 10
  • 200 HP / 20 Energy
  • Equipped:
  • Skills:
    • Rank 2 - Martial Arts
  • Stats:
    • DMG: 5
    • EVA: 2
    • ACC: 2

Quite a few people showing up,” Magda commented almost offhandedly. She glanced from face to face and she found that she didn’t quite recognize most of the people here. Even with her abundance of confidence she felt a hint of uncertainty over all of this. This was her first time taking part in an event so it was probably to be expected for her to be at least a little nervous. However, she did have the utmost trust in her brother so she did her best not to dwell on it too much. For now she’d just smile at each person that arrived and did her best to look at the people Mack identified so she could put a name to the many faces.

Once he called her name she turned his way and offered a curious look at the amulet. There was a slight furrowing of her brow as she walked over and reached out for it. Once she had it, whether it was from Mack or Hydra, she swiped her finger down to open her menu and quickly flip through until she was able to equip it. “Will do,” she said in a curt response. The only thing she could do was take a hit and help keep the focus of what she fought. She didn’t know if that’d be of any help here if this event involved creatures that could hurt the higher level players. That was a bridge to be crossed later on so for now she just allowed herself to relax.

Updated/Finalized Stats

Spoiler

Combat Stats:
Level - 12
HP - 240
Energy - 24
4 Base Damage (1(skill)+2(weapon)+1(base)) = 4
35 Mitigation (8 Skill + 27 Armor)
+9 Regeneration
+1 Accuracy

Equipped Items:
Titanium Hide | T1 Perfect HA | +18 Mit, +9 Regen
Price of the Blood Oath | T1 Perfect Shield | +9 MIT, +14 Thorns
Blood Rage | T1 Perfect 1H Warhammer | +2 Dmg, +1 Acc
Locusta's Respite

Battle Ready Inventory:
Greater Elixir, Greater Elixir, Greater Health Potion I, Greater Health Potion I,  Guardians Tonic

Skills: 
Heavy Armor | 1 Rank
Concentration | Rank N/A
1H WarHammer | 1 Ranks
Block | 1 Rank
Howl | Max/NA

As Mack’s booming voice reached her ears Teayre couldn’t help but have her lips twitching slightly. “Is he really trusting me?” Even with her eyes closed she could feel the burning glare of animosity from some of the players there. “I’m honestly not surprised…” She mutters quietly to herself as a voice causes her eyes to flash open. “Rain.” She inclined her head for a second before sighing as a blue haired girl avoided her. “To be expected really.” She whispers under her breath. Pulling up her menu she sends another message to Mack.

I heard what you said about fire damage, my cloak gives me some extra MIT as well as dealing fire damage if I get caught by an attack, might be worth looking into?

Hitting send the red headed girl offers a faint smile to Rain. “How’ve you been anyway Rain, it’s been a while since I’ve spoken to you. Still…” Letting her voice fade as she spotted another player coming towards them, she raises a hand. “Good to meet you Vargas.” Raising an eyebrow as she laughed at how nervous the blonde haired boy appeared to be, “If I wanted to kill you, you’d be dead already. No, I hope those days are behind me.” Opening her inventory Teayre takes out Cerberus’ soul. “I guess I’ll use it.” Tapping the top of the vial the red head runs the glowing blue shard along the length of her blade letting the game’s system take place as it increased her damage.

Burn Damage on roll of 8-10 (2 damage for 2 turns) added to stats

Edited by Teayre

OOC: READ SPOILER

Spoiler

Ok, we're officially underway. No one else may sign up and Lawfer was removed due to not getting his post and stats up in time.

Things to be aware of.

1. It goes without saying that this is a NK Thread. PK will NOT be tolerated in this, or any other, event I run.
2. When you post PLEASE place an OOC tag for the person that is to follow you in line. Like so "@Macradon you're next."
3. When it is your turn you will have 24 Hours to post or you get skipped. If you are skipped 3 times then you will forfeit ALL THREAD REWARDS.
4. A reminder, SA's are limited to Rank 3 and Below, though you still get all your DMG Boosts for ranks beyond 3.
5. A reminder, Unique Skills are also capped at Rank 3 even if you have advanced them beyond that point.
6. A Note: @Sey, I'm giving you my Locusta's Respite Amulet. Please edit your stats to reflect that.
7. A Note: Locusta's Respite Amulets do NOT take up an equipment slot. I did not make that clear enough, that's my fault. I will give you until we encounter the boss and begin fighting (My next post after this one) to edit your stats to reflect that.
8. A Note: Fire Damage Pots (the EVENT ones) stack with everything else. I also didn't make that clear enough and you may edit your stats to reflect that as well until we enter combat.
9. A Note: Any source that deals FLAME DAMAGE or BURN DAMAGE deals 3x DMG to Nerius. The FIRE DAMAGE EVENT POTIONS do NOT have this effect. I believe that Teayre is the only one that will be able to make use of this should she roll well enough to activate her flames.
10. A Note: Nerius has 0 MIT and -2 EVA. He's a HUGE TREANT, logic dictates something his size should be relatively easy to hit. I just hope I've given him enough HP so that this isn't over too quickly.
11. A Note: Nerius has TOTAL IMMUNITY to ALL POISON BASED DAMAGE (regular DMG from such attacks still apply, but he can NOT be poisoned).
12. A Note: Mack is carrying several QUEST related items that can be traded given to players under certain circumstances. If at any point your character meets those circumstances I will PM you to let you know your options.
13. A Note: Finally, Nerius has MULTIPLE POISON attacks. It is possible to be taking DMG from both of them at the same time. 1 is a FIELD ATTACK that hit's everyone. However, you cannot take multiple instances of the same attack at the same time. So, you can't be suffering multiple sets of DMG from the Field Attack simultaneously.
14. A Note: As always with my events, at the end you will ALL be added to a PM chain with the Boss' full stat work up to see Nerius' design.

As Mack had, somewhat, predicted when he initially asked everyone to get into groups based on what they could do there was a bit of pandamonium. Ok, there was a lot of chaos as everyone moved about, jostled one another, and in general caused a great deal of hullabaloo. Drawing back the deep hood on his snow white cloak Mack massaged his temples with his forefingers for a moment and let the chaos wash over him. Finally, after a few moments of the din not really dying down he decided it was time to put a stop to it just as Kooh was joining the party. His storm grey eyes opening, and flashing with something that was more akin to annoyance than actual anger, he decided it was time to take charge in the only way a Sergeant, in the real world at least, knew how.

"Quiet," the hulking man boomed in his best drill instructor voice, the command echoing easily around the stony courtyard of Urbus' northern gate. He surveyed the surrounding players and noted that Sey had passed his amulet to the newest player to join their group. The thing was, Mack suspected that Sey would also be in need of an amulet. Reaching for his own he lifted it from around his neck and held it for the time being.

"For those of you who do not know me, I am Mack," he continued in the same deep, carrying tone. "I am the Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath. I'm sure that, by now, many of you have heard of the occasional event bosses that are being instanced into Aincrad. We are tackling such a boss today and, with proper tactics, I believe we can insure that we defeat the boss with no casualties. Given that the information for this boss was discovered by the Knights we will be running this raid and the responsibility for anything that happens during it, good or bad, rests solely upon my shoulders as Vice Commander. So, should this operation go sideways you can blame me and me alone."

"The Knights of the Blood Oath will never ask any player to do something that we would not, ourselves, do. With that in mind, these will be the squads for tackling Nerius," the blacksmith rumbled, rolling his head around on his neck. "I will lead the first team consisting of myself, Macradon, Hirru, and Magda. Our lead team is a bit light on manpower, but it means the other teams will enjoy greater safety."

"Calrex, as the undisputed top tank in all of Aincrad," Mack pointed a finger in Calrex's direction. "...will lead Team 2 and he will have Zandra, Hydra, Teayre, Dominion, and Alice. Cal, I trust you will keep a close eye on your squad and keep them safe. Morgenstern," Mack gestured to the next tank, "... will be in charge of Team 3 and he will take Ariel, Hikoru, Birdie, Evander, and Row with him." Mack wasn't familiar with Morgenstern, but the man had excellent gear and had proclaimed himself a tank. The Vice Commander's storm grey eyes swept over Ariel and Hikoru, passing them a silent message to look out for their team.

"Seul," Mack boomed, pointing at Seul, "... will lead Team 4. He will take Beatbox, Sey, Kasier, Yamato, and Vargas with him." No doubt Seul, as a now ex-member of the Knights of the Blood Oath, would be surprised to find himself thrust into a leadership role. But, the fact was that Mack still trusted Seul to look out for his team, even if he disagreed with Seul's choice to leave the Knights. "Finally, Team 5 will be headed by you," Mack pointed a finger at @Hakai. He didn't know the woman at all, but she seemed to have solid gear which meant she had to at least be smart. "... and she will take Rain, Itzal, Aereth, and our last late-comer to the party," Mack concluded, pointing at Kooh.

"A few more words. First, given the nature of the special items available for this event I think it likely that Nerius may be more vulnerable to fire and he certainly must have some kind of poison attack, so be ready. Second, I encourage you to speak with your teammates and get to know them as we head the Nerius' Glade in the forest. These events have the unintended consequence of bringing many players together and I encourage you all to take the opportunity to network with one another. Third, and finally, I saw what you just did," the axeman said, pointing his finger in Sey's direction. "It's admirable to look out for your teammate's like that. Take this," Mack tossed his Locusta's Respite amulet to @Sey. "I think your need for it will be greater than my own. All of us can learn from that player's example. Look out for each other, don't just think for yourselves. We may be trapped here, but we're not savages, the surest way to beat this prison is to work as a team and to think of the team first above ourselves."

"Knights," Mack called, the last word a barked command to the other members of his guild that were present. "... to the Vanguard and let's move out!" Moving to the head of the procession of players, which placed him outside the gates of Urbus, Mack called up his menu with a swipe of his fingers and selected an item. "Seul," he boomed over his shoulder, displaying a sky blue recording crystal. "Tell me, do you remember this one?" Mack spiked the recording crystal on the ground to provide the raid party with something that the red-headed man deemed fitting.

Battle Order

Spoiler

PLEASE EDIT YOUR STATS INTO THIS WHEN YOU POST

Mack - 1025/1025 (98/98 EN)
@Macradon
Hirru
Magda

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 2000/2000

Calrex
Zandra
Hydra
Teayre