[EVENT - F2] NERIUS THE EVIL TREANT

Up until now Aereth just stood there and listened. He observed the whole scenario that was unfolding in front of him. Personally he had no problems with Mack being the leader of the raid. First of all, the KoB had been the first that got to know about the special boss, so they should have the right to organize the whole raid. And second, he had gotten his tier two sword from the redhead for almost free, and after talking with the man Aereth came to the conclusion that he was a trustworthy man.

Aereth got assigned to a seemingly damage dealing group, which consisted of the leader Hakai, who he didn’t know until now, Itzal, his teacher and friend, and after a little drama, this time initiated by his team-leader, Aereth switched up his gear to his Goldcrest MK.2 with the Flame Aura enhancement. Finally, his face and eyes were visible to all the others.

But they showed nothing else than indifference. Emotionless indifference. Aereth had worked hard in the last few weeks to get rid of his emotions when in battle. He personally didn’t care what was happening with all the drama around them, although he found a few more possible targets (all the red players here) that he had to look into more deeply in the future. But for now he just wanted to cut down the event boss, and maybe get a few level ups…

He then walked over to his group leader @Hakai and said. “The name’s Aereth.” He then extended his hand to her. “I’m looking forward to a good cooperation in this event.

Aereth's final stats:

Spoiler

Combat Stats:
Level - 25
HP - 500
Energy - 50
Damage - 1 Base + 4 OHSS + 6 Weapon + 4 FM:Fighter = 15 DMG
+3 Accuracy
+1 Evasion
+36 Mitigation
+16 Flame Damage when hit

Equipped Items:
Sin of Valor | T2 Perfect 1H OHSS| +6 Damage
Goldcrest MK.2 | T2 Perfect LA | +1 EVA, +1MIT, +1FlameAura
Dexterous Intent | Ring | +3 ACC

Consumables:
n/A

Battle Ready Inventory:
(1) Nightingale (+3 EVA Armor)
(1) Discovery Ring (+3 LD Ring)

Skills: 
OHSS | 4 Ranks
MA | 0 Ranks
S&D | 2 Ranks
Gatherer | Rank n/A
Survival | Rank N/A
Disguise | Rank n/A

Mods:
n/A

Edited by Aereth
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mack seemed to have ignored his greeting and instead walked to other players in the area.  He stood there watching as he slowly brought his hand back.  He sighed.  So this was what the vice commander was like?  Of course...  He turned to @Morgenstern with an annoyed look before he pulled up his hood and mouthpiece.  Anytime he tried to get along with one of the higher ups in the KoB, something ended up going wrong.  He never liked the guild, although those two players were cool.  He hadn't spent much time with Macradon and Hirru but he supposed he should find the time to hang out with them some more.  For now he listened as Mack began speaking to them all in a very commanding way.  Itzal felt it could have been a little more gentle but he wasn't in charge here.  If given the chance he'd present the information in another manner.  He spoke of the teams and when he talked about Itzal's team he had multiple reactions.  Wait a minute.  Kooh is here?  And apparently he'd be separated from Kasier.  He frowned at this and looked to @Kasier with a sad smile.  It would have been perfect if they could have worked together here.  He made a note to talk to the leader the next time they were in an event for permission for Kasier to be in his team the next time around.  Then Kooh came over and greeted him and he smiled, even though it was hidden by the mouthpiece.  "Hey @Kooh, how've you been?"  He turned to Hakai who was apparently the leader, but before he could say anything...  The drama started.

Ariel suddenly shouted to Mack and, although Itzal had his reasons to dislike the manner Mack had spoken to everyone, as well as reasons to dislike his guild in general, nobody should ever be spoken to with such disrespect like that.  He saw the cockiness on her face and narrowed his eyes.  Something was wrong.  Was this really who they were going to let into the guild not too long ago?  And when Zandra joined in he was surprised but couldn't really do anything about it.  Beatbox seemed to have had enough and...  Itzal stared at Ariel.  She let someone die?...  To Itzal's eyes, letting someone die when you know you could have done something about it was pretty much murder.  Normally he'd ask her why she killed him, and he'd probably ask her....  From a safe distance...  My messaging her in his spare time.  Then Hikoru snapped.  He yelled at the woman and even raised a hand to strike against her, but did nothing.  Probably good because if it wasn't light enough he might have accidentally received his orange cursor all over again.  When Hikoru ended, Hakai stepped up and spoke about dissent and trust.  Itzal smiled again and nodded.  When she returned he nodded to @Hakai"I'm ready as I'll ever be Hakai.  I'll do my best to stun it and apply bleed as necessary." Because quite honestly he couldn't do anything else...

The redhead who seemed to be taking charge of the whole raid seemed to have his eyes on Sey for the moment, in which the snow-haired player would just look back to him without even a glint of fear in his eyes. There was nothing wrong with anything he did in the past, and he was prepared to get into a verbal battle if he needed to. But despite the tone emitted at the volume it was given, another necklace would be tossed his way by the big man himself, commending Sey for helping out Kooh back there. With his exposed left hand, he would grip the item before nodding his head. “Much obliged, thanks sir.” And with that, the respite item would once again be placed around his neck before he then heard that he was going to have to be separated from Kooh, which went full-well against his plan. Now he could not guarantee her safety. With concern in his tone, he would leave her with a few final words. “Find a healer in your party and have them protect you.” And with that, they would part way from where they were.

It would then be at that moment in which he was then met with the new party, trying to avoid all the drama going on by turning a blind eye to it. None of it concerned him, so none of it would be considered. The only one left in his group not involved in all of the chaos and he recognized well was the blonde with red eyes. This time though, he kept his thoughts to the back of his head as he approached, fogging his mind to prevent himself from thinking the one quote that stuck to him. “Yo @Kasier. Need me to heal alongside you? Or would you prefer me fighting up on the frontlines of the party?”

Spoiler

Stats

Lv: 31 l 12 Dmg l 30 Mit l 3 CC l 62 Energy l 620 HP

Items

- Mini Memorilia Spear (Tier 2) - +6 Dmg

Name: Locusta's Respite (Event Item) [x6]

Enhancements:  Grants 75% Immunity from all poison and toxin damage while fighting Nerius. 

Description: An amulet craftable only by artisans that helps mitigate the effect of toxins. Becomes vanity after use.

-Memorilia Armor (Tier 1) - +27 Mit

-Memorilia T - Pocket Watch  (Tier 1) - +3 CC

Battle Ready Inventory

-2 Rare T1 Health potions

Mods

Nothing to see here m8

Skills

-One-Handed Assault Spear (Rank 5)
-Battle Healing: (Rank 2)

-First Aid: (Rank 3)
-Heavy Armor: (Rank 1)

-Concentration

-Survival

Buffs

None

It seemed that her words sparked a fire in all but the person she intended but seeing that @Zandra had her back, the blonde herself would not back up. She whispered a soft 'Thanks' to the dragoness by her side. However she found Beatbox's last comment  a bit amusing and muttered. "Seems like a fitting end for one of the last active former members of the Azure Brigade." though to most, that name would mean nothing. After his little tantrum, the blonde decided to let him cool off as she'd achieved her secondary purpose of switching teams.

However, she didn't expect the following reaction from Hikoru. She was stunned, her facial expression also showed as she didn't even try to dodge the slap she received from him. She continued to look at his pained expression with a blank stare... "Hi...." she said in a dry tone and instantly bit her lower lip. She didn't expect him to have an outburst like that even if it was Lowenthal they were talking about. He just assumed things and didn't even bother to listen to her side, which she found unfair. He even thought of striking her without letting her explain. She grit her teeth and muttered with teary eyes: "If that's how you want it..." as she looked at his back getting smaller in the distance.

The blonde needed a outlet, after what Hikoru said and did.... she felt her heart ache as she began to breath slightly irregularly. Out of nowhere, yet another one started shouting at her... using the same method she'd seem other tanks use a while back... she didn't like his tone that much nor the way she was adressed by this stranger, so she turned towards @Morgenstern and fixed her gaze on him. Others also expressed in a way or another that she should leave but he was the most direct about it... she had to admit that he either was resolved in voicing his true thoughts taking into consideration the possible consequences or just giving into his emotions like Hikoru did. Honestly, she didn't care at this point.

"So y'all want me to leave?" she asked while looking around her, taking into account whose who've been hostile towards her.

"Huh?"

She then tightly grabbed her spear with both her arms and brought it in front of her, assuming a two handed battle stance. She let out a grin as she felt like adrenaline rushed though her pixelated avatar, her breathing slowly beginning to auto-regulate itself from muscle memory. Over a decade of training under her father showed their result as her stance was nothing more than perfect despite her handling a different weapon than the one she was used to IRL.

«Parry» stance active.

"Make me!" she said in a harsh tone narrowing her eyes as her expression changed to a more serious one; for those who fought beside her in the past, it would be the same one she had when dealing with high level mobs on the front lines of floor bosses... where a slip on her part would potentially result in death for her and others. She stole a glanced from @Calrex that also indirectly suggested that she should leave if she wasn't here for the event. Or at least, she understood something among those lines.

Without looking away from Morgenstern, she decided to reply only to her kouhai, that she'd known and watched him grow (ever) since he was but a front line tank aspirant: "As any other player that gathered here today, my aim is the SP reward from the event and possibly the last attack item drop. I'd love nothing more than those, but others seem to have a problem with me speaking my mind and acting accordingly. I trust that at least you know me well enough, despite not keeping in touch recently, to get that." she showed no twisted smile, no sarcastic tone, deceit or any ill intent... nothing but a glimpse of the straightforward Ariel that not many knew.... or will get to know.

Macradon couldn't really handle what was going on. What was supposed to be an Event boss fight, the things that had gone stagnant for a while, would finally become a thing again. But something was really off by now. Everyone had begun bickering, constantly yelling at each other, everyone were on to it. Macradon just couldn’t handle it, he had enough of all of this, it wasn’t the first time he was caught spectating stuff like this. He would still keep his stand, but with a raised palm holding over his head. It was becoming a bore for him, this stuff. Looking over at his Vice Commander, @Mack, he would ask “Vice Commander, what shall we do with this farce? Shall we await them to finish up their banter or shall we just advance without them?”. Macradon didn’t have any tactic to tackle this kind of situation yet, and he would await his superior to response.

Spoiler

(To be made into a spoiler when that feature returns)

Mack - 1025/1025 (98/98 EN)
Macradon - 1155/1155 (114/114 NRG)
Hirru - 
Magda - 

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 2000/2000

Calrex - 
Zandra - 
Hydra - 
Teayre - 
Dominion - 
Alice - 

Morgenstern - 
Ariel - 
Hikoru - 
Birdie - 
Evander - 
Row - 

Seul - 
Beatbox - 
Sey - 
Kasier - 
Yamato - 
Vargas - 

Hakai - 
Rain - 
Itzal - 
Aereth - 
Kooh - 200/200 (20/20 EN)

Edited by Macradon
The spoiler has come back!

OOC: READ OOC.

Spoiler

Alright, away we go with the opening round of attacks. The posting order, from here on out, is officially in effect. If you post out of order (except in the case of someone missing their 24 Hour window to post) then your post will be deleted and your attack invalidated. @Hikoru I'm treating you as still present for this event. If that is not the case (I couldn't quite tell) please let me know via PM and I'll remove you from here but make sure that you're still factored into the rewards table for the first three pages of the event thread. Please remember to edit your Energy and HP into the Battle Order if you haven't already.

Also, I remind everyone once again that this event is a NK thread.

Mack paused as the strains from the song died out. Everything certainly was getting a significant insurrection and mutinous vibe coming from two members of the group. He remained silent as Ariel and Zandra said their bit and he listened silently to the advice that was offered by various other members of the group in support of his leadership. Then the towering axe man thumped the steel shod haft of his axe on the ground with a ringing force several times until silence reigned once more. Rolling his head around on his neck, the ginger giant grunted and stepped forward.

"That is quite enough. There will be no bloodshed here between the players today," the Vice Commander barked. "So long as Ariel is not so stupid as to attack anyone here. Use your brain for something other than a means of spacing your ears. There are, by my count, twenty-five of us and at best there are two of you. You and Zandra might take me in a rush, and even get a few of the lower levels, but I assure you that the rest of the players here would be more than capable of tearing you pixel from pixel."

"As for forcing you both out, that is not a great challenge at all," the blacksmith continued. Two fingers flashed in the air and he quickly pulled up the raid party menu and jabbed at two names. "The Knights are the ones with the information and the Knights, or more accurately I, am in charge of the Raid Party. If I remove you from the party you get nothing. Twenty-five or twenty-seven. It makes no difference to me, I gather that either number is more than sufficient to tackle Nerius."

"The Knights, again by which I mean I, am in charge because we found the information on this monster. Our own strength is more than sufficient to tackle this monster, especially if we were to include a few former members like Seul. I am in charge and I have given you your party and your orders. If you don't like it..." the big man trailed off for a second and spread his arms wide.

"Then verily, I direct you to the fields where I grow my... fracks," the Vice Commander boomed after a moment's though, borrowing a well-known faux swear word from science fiction. "Behold! The fields that grow my fracks are barren! If you wish to lead the raid then I suggest you get off your butts and do something useful instead of always waiting for Takao or someone else to find the Boss Lairs for you. As for Lowenthal, he was free to leave the Knights of the Blood Oath at any time if he was unhappy, a fact that he was quite well aware of. We do not compel players to serve, as multiple former Knights in this raid group can testify."

"So, you have your roles and your assignments and you will fulfill them or you can leave. As I said, I don't care which you choose and if you choose the latter well," the axe-man spread his arms wide and gestured expansively all around. "The exit's are, literally, in almost all directions. Now, if you're all done trying to organize a monkey poop fight, let's get going." Hefting his axe and twirling the weapon expertly the ginger giant rammed it into the sheath at his back, spun on his heel with military precision, and marched off.

Within the space of about forty-five minutes Mack and the Knights that were with him had led the group deep into the forests that covered the second floor, stopping deep in the shadows that surrounded a sizable meadow in the heart of the forest. Standing there, nearly fifty feet tall, and tending to a few saplings in the meadow, was Nerius the Evil Treant. Turning to the assembled players, Mack gestured to the group leaders to call them forward.

"I will lead the Knights out first, Calrex I want you to follow with your group and keep an eye on Zandra as much as you can," Mack rumbled in a low tone, speaking only loud enough for the group leaders to hear him. "Morgenstern, you follow Calrex's group and keep an eye on Ariel. She's been quiet since that first outburst, but there's no telling what she might do. Seul, your group will attack after Morgenstern's and Miss," the red-headed man said, nodding in Hakai's direction, "your group will follow Seul's. If there are no questions, let's get this started and let's get everyone out of here alive."

Moving off from the leaders of the other groups as they returned to their positions Mack gestured to the other Knights of the Blood Oath that were in attendance. Each of them knew where they fell within the Knights' battle order and that, as the smallest group and the lead group, they would need to pay attention to where they were and what they were doing.

Silently unsheathing the Axe of the Fallen from his back, Mack stepped out into the clearing. Rather than trying to stealthily and quietly approach the enormous tree monster, the ginger man calmly slammed the haft of his weapon into the ground several times to draw the monster's attention. As soon as Nerius had turned to face him, and Mack knew he was drawing aggro from the monster the enormous bear of a man sprang forward into a full on charge with the heavy axe whirling around his body. Massive arms whipped the weapon into a flat horizontal arc that slammed the dark heavy blade into Nerius several times. Only a sliver of damage was removed from the Boss' HP gauge, but it was a satisfying start to combat as @Macradon entered the battle behind him.

Posting/Battle Order:

Spoiler

Roll
ID: 74569
BD: 7 (4 (roll) + 1 (weapon) + 2 (-2 EVA for Nerius))
Attack: Crimson Blood (R3 SA) 3x2 (-6 EN)
DMG: 114 [3 x 2 x 19 ((5(skill)+4(weapon)+1(athletics)+3(base)+2(Potion)+4(Charge))]

[H:2]Mack - 1025/1025 (92/98 EN)
@Macradon - 1155/1155 (114/114 NRG)
Hirru - 
Magda - 

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 1886/2000

Calrex - 
Zandra - 
Hydra - 
Teayre - 
Dominion - 
Alice - 

Morgenstern - 
Ariel - 
Hikoru - 
Birdie - 
Evander - 
Row - 

Seul - 
Beatbox - 
Sey - 
Kasier - 
Yamato - 
Vargas - 

Hakai - 
Rain - 
Itzal - 
Aereth - 

A sigh of relief escaped Macradon’s mouth as Mack would put things in place and initiate the event boss battle. Macradon, looking at the treant and its terrain slowly changing made him excited, filled with energy. “Let’s get this rolling!” he said as Mack would charge in first. Macradon would follow, running towards the giant treant. Mack would be the one to open up with the damage, but Macradon would follow through. With 6 chained cleaves through the giant treant, Macradon would not only deal a significantly low amount of damage that he was used to, but would be able to stun in, making it much easier for everyone else to target it. Macradon only had one strong 3rd level sword art, which was his iconic <Fight Blade> which he used for farming a lot before everything turned out to what it is today. Macradon would have gathered probably the same amount of hate as Mack has, so the two knights would be the front figures for now. Yelling out to the rest of his party, Macradon would initiate the Hunter to engage "Hirru, your turn!".

Posting/Battle Order:

Hide contents

ID: 74593
BD: 4+2+2=8, Hit!
CD: 10, Recovery Proc!
Sword art used: 6x1x25=150 DMG

[H:2]Macradon - 1155/1155 (114/114 NRG)
@Hirru
Magda - 

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 1736/2000 Stunned

Calrex - 
Zandra - 
Hydra - 
Teayre - 
Dominion - 
Alice - 

Morgenstern - 
Ariel - 
Hikoru - 
Birdie - 
Evander - 
Row - 

Seul - 
Beatbox - 
Sey - 
Kasier - 
Yamato - 
Vargas - 

Hakai - 
Rain - 
Itzal - 
Aereth - 

Edited by Macradon

The hunter would sigh at the attempted sucker punch to the pride of KotB.  Was this really all that they could do?  Try to spread scuttlebutt about the members of the Blood Oath?  To antagonize them with the news of another members death?  Fortunately, the hunter knew better than to give into the hate and suffering.  Hell, it was Lowenthal that taught him that lesson, when he was rogue.  So to be told that he lost control and leaped from the side of Aincrad, the hunter would notice the lies that spilled forth.  It would seem like he wasn't the only one, but that would have to wait.  

They were all there for a reason. 

"Let's show them how Knights work!"

The hunter called out to his fellow guildmates.  His Vice Commander, whom was missing for so long lead the charge.  He was glad to have the loud burly leader back again.  His Captain that he followed through two floors of combat, and many more before.  Even the shield maiden, Magda, was with them once more.  Their attacks would tear through the mighty treant, as if it had nothing to protect it.

"Magda!  Don't howl.  Let the rest of us hold him for now.  Do what you can, with what you have."

Posting/Battle Order:

Hide contents

ID: 74594
BD: 9+2+2= Crit +1
Attack: Star Quint Prominence [3x2 Sword Art / -6 EN]
DMG: 14 (1 Base, 5 Skill, 6 Weapon, 1 Athletics, 1 Crit) x 6 = 84 DMG

[H:2]Macradon - 1155/1155 (108/114 NRG)
[H:2]Hirru - 835/835 (76/82 EN)
@Magda

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 1652/2000

Calrex - 
Zandra - 
Hydra - 
Teayre - 
Dominion - 
Alice - 

Morgenstern - 
Ariel - 
Hikoru - 
Birdie - 
Evander - 
Row - 

Seul - 
Beatbox - 
Sey - 
Kasier - 
Yamato - 
Vargas - 

Hakai - 
Rain - 
Itzal - 
Aereth - 

Edited by Hirru

All things considered the event didn’t have what Magda would describe as a smooth start. There were quite a few… speed bumps that slowed down its progress considerably. In fact the red-headed giantess fully intended to give a piece of her mind to anyone who had something bad to say about Mack, but that was until the death of one of the players was brought up. The fact that it was insinuated that the man leaped to his death in order to avoid falling under her brother’s command was, in her mind, nothing short of ridiculous.

However, now that the atmosphere had changed she opted to keep her lips sealed and her comments silent; for the moment at least. Mack quickly called things to order and once he’d taken his place at the head of the guild’s group he offered the signal to move. With both hammer and shield at the ready Magda followed silently towards the back of the group. It wasn’t long till the battle was initiated with Mack leading the way. Once it was her turn to strike she paused long enough to listen to Hirru’s advice. It incited an awkward smile as that was exactly what she intended to do.

She’d grown accustomed to being the one to take the hits in a battle so she was a little out of her element against what was in reality the closest thing she’d come to fighting against a boss. Rather than speaking she offered a quick nod to let Hirru know she understood then charged forward. Her hammer was held low and at the ready while she charged forward. Crimson light settled over the hammer’s head.

The instant she came in range the sheer monstrosity of this living tree threatened to overwhelm her. Rather than letting the daunting task of defeating this beast overwhelm her she simply brought her hammer up hard and watched as it struck into the side of its bark. Rather than ending her attack there the maneuver incited two more swift strikes before she quickly retreated back towards her fellow guild mates. She’d landed a more solid blow than she intended and she could only offer a slight shrug of her shoulders if any of the others looked her way. Well… so much for not drawing its attention to herself

Spoiler

ID: 74607
BD: 9+1+2= Crit +1 Dmg
Attack: Upper Swing [3x1 Sword Art / -3 EN]
DMG: 5 (1 Base, 1 Skill, 2 Weapon,+1 Crit) x 3 = 15 DMG

[H:2]Magda - 240/240 (21/24)

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 1637/2000

@Calrex - 
Zandra - 
Hydra - 
Teayre - 
Dominion - 
Alice - 

Morgenstern - 
Ariel - 
Hikoru - 
Birdie - 
Evander - 
Row - 

Seul - 
Beatbox - 
Sey - 
Kasier - 
Yamato - 
Vargas - 

Hakai - 
Rain - 
Itzal - 
Aereth - 

Edited by Magda

ID: 74666
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +1) = 8 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
<<Focused Howl>> Activated (6 Hate to Nerius)

With the battle got ready to start everything had happened just prior to the battle was put in the back of his mind. Opening his eyes the light blue slits on his helmet became visible in tandem synchronization. Stepping forward as Mack summoned the team commanders forward he stepped into the group, listening quietly as the giant red-haired commander gave their orders. Of course, he would make sure to keep an eye on his teammates. Being the tank for the group meant he has to make sure to keep his Hate far above everyone else's while making sure he could handle the hits.

Drawing the Grand Blade II as his team's turn to attack came he stepped forward, his <<Focused Howl>> skill's aura swirling around his sword. Planting his foot where he was going to position himself he pointed it straight at Nerius' head, a directed sound blast shooting out and hitting the giant tree creature. It didn't do damage, but it guaranteed that even after two or three turns he would still have the creature's attention.

Ready for combat he prepared for a retaliating attack.

Spoiler

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 1637/2000

[H:6]Calrex - 1575/1575 (156/156) (Safeguard Active)
@Zandra - 
Hydra - 
Teayre - 
Dominion - 
Alice - 

Morgenstern - 
Ariel - 
Hikoru - 
Birdie - 
Evander - 
Row - 

Seul - 
Beatbox - 
Sey - 
Kasier - 
Yamato - 
Vargas - 

Hakai - 
Rain - 
Itzal - 
Aereth - 

Ariels and mine little comments made quite a scene. It even made Beat leave, but he returned not long after. Then several argued against us. ‘’Sheese!’’ I said and rolled my eyes. ‘’All this just because we wanna be in the same team.’’ I kept eye-contact with the one that called himself the leader. Seemed he thinked that just because they found the info, he was good leader material. I let out a short giggle before the fight was gonna start. ‘’Im not gonna run away with the tail between my legs. You wont get rid of me that easily.’’ I said before and removed my focus from the big man and instead took a few steps towards the ultramarine knight. ‘’Cal, you don’t have to worry about babysitting me. I wont do anything. I hope you know me that well.’’ I said before started the walk to the boss-spawn point.

As our team started with a focused howl from Calrex, I darted forward with raised battle axe. When in range, I activated my strongest rank three sword art. With the momentum built up from the charge move, I spun three times and reduced his health.

Spoiler

ID: 74789
BD: 9 mini-crit +1 Dmg 21+1=22+5(charge)=27x6=162

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 1475/2000

[H:2]Zandra - 1275/1275 (120/126) 
@Hydra - 
Teayre - 
Dominion - 
Alice - 

Morgenstern - 
Ariel - 
Hikoru - 
Birdie - 
Evander - 
Row - 

Seul - 
Beatbox - 
Sey - 
Kasier - 
Yamato - 
Vargas - 

Hakai - 
Rain - 
Itzal - 
Aereth - 

Edited by Zandra

Hydra was a little disheartened at first, that no one stepped forward to collect an amulet. However with the aid of Mack, the spearman managed to give them away to those who could hopefully use them. One of the players happened to be in the same group with him not long after. "I hope it serves you well." The spearman said to Alice in his light-hearted friendly tone of voice. It appeared Dominion was also in the same group as him, Hydra gave the player a nod. Finally the remaining three players in the group, well, Hydra didn't really know how to react. One was Zandra whom the brunette had had some encounters already with, he thanked the Berserk healer for the damage boost. The other two he didn't know, yet the spearman could tell just from appearance that they were some of the strongest players here.

Unfortunately before Hydra could introduce himself, the peace didn't seem to last. Zandra and another front liner seemed to be causing a dispute, challenging Mack's authority. "It's not my place to get involved." Hydra mumbled folding his arms and letting out a slight sigh. He turned his head, glancing over at Sey. A wry smile formed on his face as he pondered who the woman was he had just given his amulet to. Hydra had zoned out completely after that, but by the time he had come to it appeared that everything had been settled.

On top of that the field boss had spawned. "A tree?..." Hydra scratched his head, he had only been half expecting what was to come but, the adventurer knew better than to judge solely on appearance. Hydra watched as group one went first, all of them landed a hit and seemed to take a significant portion of damage off the boss's health. His group followed, the leader of the group seemed to divert the focus of Nerius onto himself, whilst Zandra followed up with a charge attack. Preparing his own <charge> Hydra surged forward and activated his furious spike. With the added effect of the flamings weapon potion his whole spear set a light, for a moment he panicked and nearly lost focus. Quickly activating his <concentration> the adventurer was just able to land a hit. A few bits of bark and cinder went flying as it made contact. Hydra hummed, contempt with his damage and paced back so he was behind Calrex.

Spoiler

ID 74792:

BD: 5+1 (concentration activated) (hit)

DMG: (1(base)+5(rank)+6(weapon)+1(athletics)+1(charge)+2(weapon)+2(banner)) = 18 x 6 <Furious Spike> = 108 DMG

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 1367/2000

[H:2]Zandra - 1275/1275 (120/126) 
[H:1]Hydra -  685/685 (56/62)
@Teayre
Dominion - 
Alice - 

Morgenstern - 
Ariel - 
Hikoru - 
Birdie - 
Evander - 
Row - 

Seul - 
Beatbox - 
Sey - 
Kasier - 
Yamato - 
Vargas - 

Hakai - 
Rain - 
Itzal - 
Aereth - 

Edited by Hydra

The red head looked up at the commotion that was going on. Her eyes fixating on the blonde. Turning around and walking away from the scene she quietly sits down further out of the safe zone able to see the members of the raid party leaving. Jumping to her feet she followed the group, her husband towards the fray. As the giant roots came up the tree swaying in the wind an ear-splitting howl echoed through where they had chosen to fight. Wincing slightly she turns, glaring at her husband. “For once just hit things will you.” Shaking her head she saw that both Zandra and Hydra had made their moves. Now it was her turn. Her blade began to glow bright red, the armour she wore flowing below her. Suddenly she shot forwards, her charge skill activating, striking the Treant seven times. As she backed up the red head fell to one knee. Unless the creature took a go and managed to defeat some of them it wouldn’t last one complete round.

Spoiler

ID: 74919 BD: 8 (4 + 4 ACC) CD: 1 LD: 16 MD: 6

Lasing Chopper Used: 7 * (13 + 5 Charge +2 Banner) = 140

[H:2] Mack - 1025/1025 (92/98 EN)
[H:2] Macradon - 1155/1155 (108/114 NRG)
[H:2] Hirru - 835/835 (76/82 EN)
[H:2] Magda - 240/240 (21/24)

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 1227/2000

[H:6] Calrex - 1575/1575 (156/156) (Safeguard Active)
[H:2] Zandra - 1275/1275 (120/126) 
[H:1] Hydra -  685/685 (56/62)
[H:2] Teayre – 1115/1115 (103/110)
@Dominion -
Alice - 

Morgenstern - 
Ariel - 
Hikoru - 
Birdie - 
Evander - 
Row - 

Seul - 
Beatbox - 
Sey - 
Kasier - 
Yamato - 
Vargas - 

Hakai - 
Rain - 
Itzal - 
Aereth - 

Edited by Teayre

Dominion saw the commotion between the higher players, but he chose not to get involved. They spoke of allowing someone to die, and a girl got defensive. Dominion did recognize several people from the last boss fight in this conflict, which surprised him slightly. Despite the fact that Dominion still couldn't figure who the leader of his group was, he knew when to attack when Hydra attacked. Dominion was not building up himself as a DPS, so he hoped that he would at least hit the Boss. Dominion lurched forward with his golden hand wraps, making a straight line for Nerius. He made contact with Nerius, but disappointingly it was only a glancing strike. Dominion quickly moved to get some space between him and the Boss, as he did not have any clue that Calrex already gained it's attention. Once Dominion had made enough space between himself and the Boss, he walked over to Hydra, as he stood near the dude who pointed his own sword at the Boss. 

Spoiler

ID# 74937

BD: 6 (hit) (1base+1handwraps=2 Dmg to Nerius)

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 1225/2000

[H:2] Teayre – 1115/1115 (103/110)                                                                                                                                                                                                           [H:1] Dominion-
280/280 (28/28)
@Alice

Morgenstern - 
Ariel - 
Hikoru - 
Birdie - 
Evander - 
Row - 

Seul - 
Beatbox - 
Sey - 
Kasier - 
Yamato - 
Vargas - 

Hakai - 
Rain - 
Itzal - 
Aereth - 

Edited by Dominion

It was nothing short of a sweet relief when Mack interrupted the childish feud that was going on between players over whatever it was, though it appeared as if Alice had not understood the gravity of the situation that caused the drama in the first place. This wasn't about who did who, it was about who killed who. She would remain blissfully unaware of the circumstances until some point in the future, focusing on the truly important matters at hand right now. As the boss made its appearance before them, it was incredible just how in sync players and groups were together compared to the quarrel from moments ago. While many opted to dish out some damage, a few key players used this opportunity to obtain the focus of the beast - her group leader, Calrex, included. Realizing that now was her chance, she would approach and nearly drop to one of her knees before using a sword art to lunge across the short distance. It had connected and she had actually contributed, however minutely, to her first ever boss raid leaving her a little ecstatic. However, she quickly backed away, allowing those with much larger health pools and stronger gear sets to take the brunt of its retaliation.

Spoiler

ID: 74964 BD: 6 CD: 6 LD: 11 MD: 1

Deals 8 DMG (4 base * 2x1 (Straight) SA)

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 1217/2000

[H:2] Teayre – 1115/1115 (103/110)

[H:1] Dominion-280/280 (28/28)
[H:1] Alice - 20/20 (1/2)

@Morgenstern
Ariel - 
Hikoru - 
Birdie - 
Evander - 
Row - 

Seul - 
Beatbox - 
Sey - 
Kasier - 
Yamato - 
Vargas - 

Hakai - 
Rain - 
Itzal - 
Aereth - 

Edited by Alice

One of the little ants had spoiled Nerius' plans for the first attack. The large man with the sword would, surely, pay for his insolence in stunning the colossal Treant. As the stunning effect at last wore off the Treant's wooden-eyed gaze swept around the forest meadow clearing that he called home and fingers as thick around as the raid leader Mack clinched into wicked looking fists. With a roar Nerius threw his arms wide and swept them towards the group of players that had just attacked him, a pair of python-like vines extending from each arm to whip out towards the players. One of them, the one that had roared, was able to withstand the attack while the next to last among them succeeded in a nifty bit of acrobatics to dodge the incoming strike. The remaining four players, however, were heavily battered by the vines as the growing weapons lashed into Zandra, Hydra, Teayre, and Alice with the force of a rampaging rhinoceros. Once the vines had done their damage Nerius withdrew the weapons back to himself and crossed his arms over his broad chest, surveying the battlefield once again and planning his next attack.

Battle Order:

Spoiler

ID: 74971
BD: 7 (6+1 ACC)
CD: 3 (Attack: Uproot Thyself)

MD: 4 (Poison Field Attack does NOT activate)

Spoiler

a. Uproot Thyself - Nerius shoots out four vines and attacks with AoE all 6 players in the active group. [CD: 1-3]

Damage Table: Deals 25 DMG to Players Level 1-5, 35 DMG to Players Level 6-10, 55 DMG to Players Level 11-15, 75 DMG to Players Level 16-20, 95 DMG to Players Level 21-25, 115 DMG to Players Level 25-30, 130 DMG to Players Level 31-40, 150 DMG to Players Level 41-49, 170 DMG to Players Level 50+.

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 1133/2000

[H:6] Calrex - 1575/1575 (156/156) (Safeguard Active) [SAFEGUARD ACTIVATES - SAFEGUARD CONSUMED, 0 DMG]
[H:2] Zandra - 1171/1275 (120/126) [170 DMG - 66 MIT = 104 DMG] [Nerius takes 70 Thorns DMG - 32 FTHRN x  2 + 6 THRN = 70]
[H:1] Hydra -  621/685 (56/62) [130 DMG - 66 MIT = 64 DMG]
[H:2] Teayre – 957/1115 (103/110) [170 DMG - 12 MIT = 158 DMG]

[H:1] Dominion-280/280 (28/28) [BD 7 - 3 EVA = SUCCESSFUL EVASION, 0 DMG]
[H:1] Alice - 19/20 (1/2) [25 DMG - 27 MIT =  1 DMG] [Nerius takes 14 Thorns DMG]

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 1133/2000

@Morgenstern
Ariel - 
Hikoru - 
Birdie - 
Evander - 
Row - 

Seul - 
Beatbox - 
Sey - 
Kasier - 
Yamato - 
Vargas - 

Hakai - 
Rain - 
Itzal - 
Aereth - 

Edited by Nerius

The blond stood watching as Ariel quickly seemed offended as she realized she was no longer wanted. This was not true, she just needed to cool it. she took a battle stance and seemed to dare him to attack her. Jonathan grimaced and stepped forward. Unsheathing his weapon he pointed @Ariel - The Crowned Lion. With a stern face, the blond calmly said, "That is not who I am, and I will not fight against another player unless the other option is death!" With those words, Jonathan sheathed his weapon and turned. He looked over his shoulder and said his last words rather loudly for everyone to hear. "Oh how the mighty have fallen" the blond peered forward and did not turn around again.

Seemingly out of nowhere, a huge treant made its way in front of them and Jonathan stood in front of his group. The other groups attacked first, bringing its down a considerable amount. 'Alright, half health already. Too many players to handle I guess.' As it became their turn Jonathan stepped in front of the group and raised his shield. His helmet materialized around his head protecting his face as it did when they engaged battle. "Alright lets go team three!" The blond smiled and prepared himself. The rush of battle enthralled him. With a great <<Howl>> he gathered the attention of the creature, even though it had dealt AOE damage to the previous team. There was no chance his group or himself to get something out of this, but perhaps one of his guild members might. 

Spoiler

<<Howl>> Used +3 Hate

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 1133/2000

[H:2] Zandra - 1171/1275 (120/126) 
[H:1] Hydra -  621/685 (56/62) 
[H:2] Teayre – 957/1115 (103/110)

[H:1] Alice - 19/20 (1/2) 

[H:3] Morgenstern - 760/760 <76/76> 
@Ariel - The Crowned Lion - 
Hikoru - 
Birdie - 
Evander - 
Row - 

Seul - 
Beatbox - 
Sey - 
Kasier - 
Yamato - 
Vargas - 

Hakai - 
Rain - 
Itzal - 
Aereth - 

Listening to Mack's words, she couldn't help but think to herself while grinning: 'you still got that big ego.' she left out a small chuckle. She was genuinely curious is he really believed that all these players, others than his own subordinates, would come to his aid. But after that, she disregarded his words for random blabber and focused on those near her. Some still showed some ill intent towards her but none had the courage to go beyond that, so with a sigh she broke the parry stance while muttering "All bark and no bite." Still, she achieved her purpose, gauging people's reactions. Some were indifferent, a lower percentage than what she had suspected... seems like people liked to get involved in stuff that didn't concern them much. Others however, to her surprise, got too nosy for her taste but after she barred her fangs, they retreated with their tails between their legs. Still, one was mocking her out loud for all to hear, the same curved sword wielder that directly expressed she leave. She kept her weapon materialized and marched next to Zandra, ignoring her assigned group:

"Its ok, I got what I wanted. And its not like we have to listen to him, we can still have each other's backs." she said as she nudged the dragoness with her elbow.

And so, despite her little shenanigans, the raid started as expected. Another generic mob that had nothing more than a 'intimidating' appearance that broke as butter after the initial attacks; its HP reduced to almost half. So it was about time she should get to strike the mob as there was apparently a long line of people that didn't attack behind her. She entered her perfected charge pre-stance narrowing her eyes on the target. In the distance there was the giant treant, impossible to not see it. But her sights were set on @Morgenstern's blonde figure that just Howled at the boss. "Oh? so he's a tank?" she felt her pride as top dps urging to test his resistance.

She began her charge, her body enveloped in a dark blurr as she got closer to his back. Despite her every intent, she let out a sigh as she steered the long weapon in a horizontal position. As he got intro her striking position she moved the point slightly upwards, and with pinpoint precision, struck through the air next to his right cheek. After that she lowered her aim so that the spearhead pointed towards the ground and impailed it 2 meters in front of him. The 10foot/3m banner began arching as she continued her charge, building some spring tension withing the banner's curbed shaft. "You should stay away from me." she muttered as she then used a very known technique in sports.

Pole vaulting, such a rather difficult track move that this blonde easily gained access to thanks to the sword arts portfolio of her main weapon's class. So she ran next to Morgestern, tensing the pole to its max point and then jumped in the air. Where in the real life one would jump over a bar, in here thanks to the system assist the blonde managed to propel herself into the air like a shooting star dark-blue. Mid-air, she found herself in front of the giant event boss and once again thanks to the system assistance during sword arts, she released a acrobatic combo of sweeps and kicks concluding with a final thrust; she'd impaled about 1/4 of the spear in its bark. "That should leave a mark!" she claimed as she retracted her weapon and gracefully fell onto the ground.

ID# 75058  BD: 4+3+2 (non-crit) 
Sword Art:  (6) Dancing Spear – 6x1*(25+5) = 180 Damage

Spoiler

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 953/2000

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 953/2000

[H:2] Ariel - 1155/1155 <97/114> 
Hikoru - 
Birdie - 
Evander - 
Row - 

Seul - 
Beatbox - 
Sey - 
Kasier - 
Yamato - 
Vargas - 

Hakai - 
Rain - 
Itzal - 
Aereth - 

Hikoru rubbed his temples and gave a big sigh. A lot had happened that he wasn't expecting to ever happened. Ariel, the girl he planned to marry here, and meet in the real world and date had watched Lowenthal, his mentor and brother of the dagger, his most trusted friend and father-like figure, had fallen off the edge of Aincrad, He gave a small choke, and fell sat down onto the floor, crying and letting his emotions through his actions. He couldn't hold back the tears, and he couldn't blame himself. He was gone. He didn't even get to say goodbye, and he was hurt. In his pain, he didn't even notice that Nerius had spawned, nor that it was his turn to attack. He just grit his teeth and got the emotions overwith. He knew that if he didn't, he would become broken again, something he didn't want to experience again. He would move on, he kept telling himself, he would get better.

ID: 75175

BD: 1

Health:

Spoiler

[H:0] Hikoru - 1055/1055 <104/104>
@Birdie
Evander - 
Row - 

Seul - 
Beatbox - 
Sey - 
Kasier - 
Yamato - 
Vargas - 

Hakai - 
Rain - 
Itzal - 
Aereth - 

Edited by Mack
Added tag so Birdie would know it was her turn.

Birdie stumbled as the boss came to life, her eyes fixated on its ludicrously large figure. Her breath was stolen for what felt minutes, the grip she so confidently held on her weapon devolving into nothing but a nervous shiver. "Oh my God.."

It wouldn't take long for the attacks to start rolling in, and each party gave it their all as the boss' HP started to shrink. One such player even managed to stun the oversized sapling, and everything seemed to be going well - too well, she figured, realising the last hit bonus would certainly not be going to anybody in her party.

She swallowed hard and gripped tightly onto her rapier's hilt, pulling it from its scabbard with a clean swish. Blue neon light pulsated from her weapon as she preemptively triggered a sword art, and she sprung into action with a charge towards the imposing boss.

Striking it with as much force as she could muster, Birdie stabbed and slashed at the boss like a hot knife through butter, though the damage was negligible compared to what some other players were dishing out. With a huff, she dashed backwards and retreated for her party, getting ready for Nerius' next series of attacks.

ID#75253 | BD: 2+5 (Hit)

Sword Art used: Crucifixion (6x1)

12x6=72 damage dealt.

953-72=881 HP

@Evander (I edited my message, sorry for forcing you to make adjustments if you've already crafted your post.)

Spoiler

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 881/2000

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 881/2000

[H:0] Hikoru - 1055/1055 <104/104>
[H:1] Birdie - 580/580 <52/58> (Safeguard Active)
Evander -
Row - 

Nerius, the Evil Treant - 881/2000

Seul - 
Beatbox - 
Sey - 
Kasier - 
Yamato - 
Vargas - 

Hakai - 
Rain - 
Itzal - 
Aereth - 

Edited by Birdie
I actually could hit the boss, that's my bad, sorry.