[F4 - Event] Dance of the Crossed Paths

As the dance was ending Vargas smiled at Anemone. "There's no need to apologize. He may not have gotten the first dance but he does have your attention it seems. I would be delighted to." Vargas answered as they slowly came to a stop. He released her waist and hand at the conclusion of the dance.

As they stopped a man walked over with, presumably, his date. Looking at him Vargas first saw the red cursor but wasn't too bothered by it right away. They were in a safe zone so they couldn't do anything if they wanted. Then he realized it was Aereth. "Hey, Aereth. I've been doing fine so far. Business is currently slow, especially with my only customer not coming again." Vargas grinned at this as he inflicted some sarcasm into his tone. "I've been getting stronger during the downtime of course so it's not a total loss." Turning towards Anemone he gestured towards her as he said, "Not sure if you too have met but Aereth, this is Anemone. Anemone, this is Aereth." 

@Anemone @Aereth

Edited by Vargas
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"True, true that. What you are saying is completely correct @Soredell," said Khrysaor, who was not able to take his eyes away from the majestic swordplay the two duelers were showing in the match. Out of no where, Khrysaor shouted out to Hydra, "Come on buddy you can do this! I know you can, keep up with your advantage and do not let your guard down for a second. If you do that you will have the fight in the bag." He wanted to help @Hydra in any way possible, but was helpless since interfering would not be allowed. So the best way he could come up with was to keep on trying to boost his buddies morale and enthusiasm, so it did not waver in the middle of the match. He knew listening to a friends cheer can up your game, similar to like that of having the home court advantage.

He wondered, 'It would be interesting to see how long this fight was going to take and how it would turn out. It truly turning out to be a awesome duel between two skilled and experienced combatants. Seriously, its so good I can't turn away from the battle.'

I grinned at Itzal, Akame chirping happily. "You never fail to amaze me Itzal... you're a higher level than what I remembered... It's interesting." I Stood off to the side, and Akame fluttered over to itzal, landing on his head, chirping again, and curling up into a ball."I didn't need anything, I just decided I needed to get out of my shop for a while... I wanted to go to that party you guys hosted back at christmas... but I never really celebrated that holiday before, not only that I have a bit of a problem being in a crowd of people..." looking at the blonde woman, when Itzal snapped me back to reality when he mentioned the guild. " Oh? you finally formed it?" I looked at him, a smile on my face, "I'm guessing that those questions are related to what I plan on Specializing In?" I pulled up a list of my skills, and made them visible, showing them to him and the woman next to him. " I know it doesn't show right now, but I'm gunning for a Healer and Scout combo." I looked back at the woman, and Smiled. "It's nice to meet you! I'm Tricolor_Mina, but you can call me Mina or Violet, whichever of the 3 you prefer. What's your name?"

Edited by tricolor_mina

After receiving confirmation from Zandra the blonde took @Beat's extended hand with a small bow. While heading towards the dance floor she used her free hand to make her fingers dance through the air as she searched for a items she prepared beforehand, in case that her date wouldn't like the suit she donned. After one final poke to her holographic inventory, her whole body flashed white in the middle of the dance floor as the suit she had equipped has been dematerialized and replaced by a blue themed evening dress with long sleeves, inspired by the traditional Japanese kimono. Now her golden hair was gathered in a side bun and kept in check with a red floral hairpin: 

"Hope you don't mind me changing. This seems more... appropriate when accompanied by a man." she said with a smile as she took his other arm and they started dancing. But of course she didn't invite him to a dance just for the pleasure of it, one of her goals was to separate the youth from Shield so that the two can talk more privately. While most had looked at her in a odd way because of her attire they dismissed her as being a freak or something and looked away. But these two ( @Shield and Beat) alongside some other one that she couldn't pinpoint his location, had been more observant of her than the rest. Heck, Shield's sudden topic change at her arrival has added more fuel to her suspicion. 

She drew closer to him and leaned closer to his ear: "I know you and Shield have been looking at me for a while." She smiled gleefully to ascertain that she hit the mark, leaving him little space to deny it. "Mind telling me what's that about?"

Spoiler

z5727_1.jpg

Hikoru looked at Seul and gave him a nod as he said he didn't have to go through that, and he knew that he was a player of one in a million with his problem. He avoided looking in her direction while he talked as the young player asked why he was here in the first place. He just gave a chuckle as this wasn't the first time he was asked, and should have expected it by now, he just shook his head and pointed in the direction of a few people, Itzal, Kaiser, Morgenstern, and Aereth

"These one's" He said "Are apart of my guild. I've taken the responsibility to watch out for anything dangerous around here, as I can enter stealth, I can easily attack any creature and not miss, giving players time to react and equip armor and shields if necessary, while I take a hit or two for them to get prepared." He said as he re-adjusted his glasses. It was true that he could have danced with anyone here if he wanted, or hung around with his Guild-mates and had fun with them, but he preferred this over that, making sure that all of them were safe, that's what mattered to him.

@Seul

When Mina mentioned his level he waved a dismissive hand.  "Honestly all I care about level wise is staying alive...  Well that and keeping Kasier and my friends alive.  And yeah I can understand how you would be hesitant to join a social gathering.  And yeah it's been here for a while.  We've had players join, and one leave.  It's hard to keep it up at times but that's what makes it fun.  And actually, not really.  The first question is this:  Why do you want to join the guild?"  (note, Itzal waits for each question to be answered before moving onto the next one.  "The second is, why do you want to get stronger?  Why do you want to level up?  What is your drive?  And the third question is, do you think killing others is acceptable and why?  If in a certain circumstance please verify."  In truth the first two questions were just to help the guild get to know her even more.  When Mina addressed Kasier Itzal smiled.  "Allow me to introduce Kasier, my girlfriend." 

@tricolor_mina @Kasier

Domarus listened carefully at what Hakai said to Aereth.  Drama...  Raid...  Beatbox off her back...  From the last bit it sounded like she wanted to get rid of the player but for what reason and where he was uncertain.  Was it a boss raid?  Dungeon raid?  He'd need to talk to Aereth to get the full story later.  For now his soon to be scout general excused himself so that he could dance with the young girl.  Domarus chuckled and bowed his head slightly as the two made their way out.  As he watched them he heard Hakai speak again.  This time she spoke directly to him.  About leadership and how the key to it was loyalty and love.  There was that word again.  Love.  However she then mentioned evil intent.  He could care less of course but he figured that this was some sort of hint, or, possibly, to get a reaction out of him.  All he showed was a curiosity to her words when she began and when she finished he smiled.  
     "Heh.  I suppose you're right.  I haven't reached the front lines yet so I don't know if they managed that.  How about you?  Apparently you lead in an event raid not too long ago.  Did those under you show loyalty and love?"  Saying it out loud, he wondered if this event raid was the raid Hakai was referring too.  Again though, he did not have confirmation until he asked Aereth about it.  As for the part she had mentioned about fear, Domarus agreed...  To a point.  A leader should be strong and unyielding, which that in itself would lay a little bit of fear in those who saw him.  As for others, he believed in planting fear in those outside his own forces who seek to do them harm.  That was why the group that attacked Esther was doomed the moment they did so.  However with that out of the way, Domarus could focus to more important matters at hand.  Such as finding his fourth general:  A proper tank.  Once he had that, he would begin preparations for phase two.  

@Hakai

Beat did his best to simply mimic the dancing of the other people around them, finding some measure of success. HIs eyes lit up as she changed into something that was certainly more appealing to him than the suit, though the suit had made her look sharp to say the least. He chuckled at the change of dress, impressed at @Ariel - The Crowned Lion's preparation.

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the kimono a little better, though you can certainly wear a suit well."

Beat blushed slightly as Ariel drew nearer, unsure if he was supposed to do something or not, but his worries were quickly replaced as she pried into the nature of Shield and Beat's apprehension about her. Beat figured that they had been less than secretive about their unwillingness to trust her completely, but he still hadn't expected her to ask him about it. Still, he didn't feel the need to hide the truth considering they were merely being cautious, or at lease Beat was. He managed to maintain his composure as he spoke into her ear. 

"Shield feels the need to be cautious with someone who relishes in battle the way you do. He has...an intuition about people and, considering it is our lives on the line, he feels it is best to avoid trusting you completely before we can verify that you aren't looking for trouble. I for one am reserving judgement either way until you give me reason or I discover a reason to distrust you."

One of Beat's greatest strengths, though some could see it as a flaw, was that he was honest unless he truly felt that the truth would cause great harm. He was a little naive in this regard at time, but if he was to make a fatal mistake, he decided that this place was at least safe.

*posted on mobile*

I looked at Itzal, listening to his nonchalant mentioning of his level. I let him finish with the first question, which was merely why I wanted to join the guild. "that's kind of easy. I want to be able to help people, simply by being strong enough to help out in the game." His second question was just as easy to answer"... my reason to get stronger? ... I ... I want to be able to protect the ones I love... and to be able to protect the weak." I stopped cold when I heard the third question. It was a very touchy subject for me after all..."are you serious Itzal? Remember when we originally met? How I reacted to death? That sounded like something that I wouldn't believe, but I believe it fully. Murder is wrong, but the ones who kill must be ready to die as well." I walked closer to Itzal, and leaned close to his ear, and whispered the rest. "I wish I could forget what I did, I wish I could erase the face of my victim, but reality followed me here too... you remember our conversation at your shop right? About Mira and Ulises? Did you remember what I said about Mira? I killed her. The last time I ever saw her was when she was in the hospital with a tube down her throat. I despise murderers. The only exception is beatbox. Even I'm not safe from my own hatred." I stepped back, a look of anger somewhat etched in my expression.

Itzal was not angry, nor did he show shock.  He simply sighed and looked at Kasier.  "I'm gonna need a minute."  He placed a gentle hand on Mina's shoulder and led her to a more private area to speak.  When they were there was when he spoke.  "Mina.  First of all, glad to know your reason and motivation.  That's pretty much our reasons as well.  Second, I'm sorry about the third question but it's protocol.  We don't want someone who is fine with killing people.  Personally I believe killing is only allowed when you have no choice but to defend yourself, or if someone else's life is at stake.  To kill out of anger and rage only turns you into the very thing you're trying to destroy...  Trust me I know.  I nearly did it once.  I can help you with this anger you have, but you need to want to let go of it first.  Otherwise I can't help.  So long as you don't kill anyone however, or talk about killing people, you're in.  Congrats.  You are officially, a new member of the Celestial Ascendants."  With that he smiled and patted her on the shoulder.  "Let's try to have some fun tonight ok?  We can talk in depth about this at a later time, or keep pretending it never happened.  Know this though:  Unless you discuss it and resolve it, it will only come back to haunt you."

@tricolor_mina

"Its the 21st century, women and men can act and wear pretty much how and whatever they want." the whole attire she'd been donning for a while now have all been designed by her with dancing in mind since she didn't her many occasions like this to practice it. So she wasn't afraid to show a little skin and flirt, even more now that she was a single lady. The two continued dancing to the slow waltz that was currently playing. Admittedly, not her forte but since its basic steps were a mere 1,2,3 pattern they both danced 'clean' enough to blend with the crowd of dancers. Useless to say that she enjoyed it with a bright smile as she listened to her dancing partner's reply.

Still she appreciated his sincerity as she didn't show any intent to deny or deceive her. "So you see me as innocent until proven guilty while he's the reverse." she said, turning around under a pirouette and drawing closer to him. "I guess I might be what you'd call a battle addict... since I believe you shouldn't keep things bottled up and let them eat you from inside. If that scared him a bit, I cannot blame him... after all, this isn't a mere game anymore." she added with a hint of seriousness in her eyes.

She then let out a shrug and returned to her cheerful state while looking @Beat. "Still, I had fun questing with you two and would like to do it again. I PMed Shield offering to help you two again but his response was rather... cold. Now I understand why." she added while stealing a glance towards the two they left at the table. It seemed that there was something happening nearby that caught the attention of most of the participants.

Focusing on her dance partner again: "The offer still stands, if Shield doesn't want to be near me.. how about you? Want to meet up and do a quest sometimes?" she added with a tilt of her head, trying to see what people were looking at.

OOC: Will get something written for Chewie when I get a chance.

ID# 77150;
BD: 6 (5+1 Concentration [5/5])

SA: Embracer (1x1x9 [4 Charge, 3 Base, 1 Athletics, 1 Proficiency]) = 9 DMG to Hydra
________
Hydra: 715/715 | 47/70 Energy (STUNNED)
Mack: 804/1020 | 98/102 (+20 Battle Healing)

As the stun effect wore off the battle began to truly get under way for the Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath he blocked out everything else. Any distractions caused by his familiar, who knew where the bear was anyway, as well as anything that might be coming from the crowd that had assembled to watch the combat. "My turn, little jeweler," the towering blacksmith said in a low, but carrying tone. Lacing his fingers together, Mack charged across the short distance that separated him from Hydra. Quick as a flash a bear paw sized mitt short out and wrapped itself into the front of Hydra's shirt. With seemingly know effort Mack hoisted the smaller player into the air with his left hand as his right hand shot out and delivered a straight jab to Hydra's face before the shorter player was slammed to the ground on his back, stunned.

"Recent patch took away all the stuns from my axe," Mack rumbled, shrugging his shoulders and peering down at the stunned form of Hydra. "Testing something new now, thanks for being a guinea pig."

She smirked. "The frontlines hasn't achieved that. In fact, I dont think its something to aspire to. Its one thing to aspire to gain power equal to that of a frontliner, but another thing to aspire to be a frontliner. Its just a bunch of people with conflicting interests attempting to get the last hit reward." She said, looking out at all of the other people before looking back to Domarus. "I didn't lead. I was pretty much randomly selected as a party leader. And thats really nothing other than a title. Apparently i gained some peoples trust though, so some good came of the facade." She explained. "Loyalty and love both come from time. Find someone and stick with them long enough and youll gain their loyalty if you play it right. Love is a trick of the mind but it works in a similar manner except looks and attractiveness play a larger part." She stated, not even caring that she was revealing her true opinions and definitions. While she didn't trust Domarus, their brief meeting all that time ago had shown her that they were like minded and that was enough.

@Domarus

Dominion was going to comment on how pretty Row looked in her formal outfit, but he heard her whisper that she would kick his butt if he grabbed hers... which he did not understand. Why would I...? Dominion had no clue what she was talking about... except that his hand was on her waist, but even then, why? He wouldn't grab someone without intent to harm in martial combat, and even that was rare. Dominion threw that idea out of his mind immediately. I won't harm Row. Dominion didn't feel confident any longer with stating his original comment, on the off chance that she would kick his butt if he did so. Therefore, upon seeing her eyes, Dom nodded his head slightly and they started moving by taking a step to the right. He seemed to be rather rigid in his first step, as he would if he were moving into a combat stance, but upon completing that step, relaxed his muscles to move more freely. It would take him another full completion of the basic steps that he copied in order to move to more complex steps. However, these easy steps would surely be good for players like Row and Dom, who had near to nothing in combined experience with "dancing".

@Row

Edited by Dominion

The battle had turned, as things often do, in SAO. Shield leaned forward, focusing on the exchange between @Mack and @Hydra. Despite pushing himself so hard out in the field, this was his first chance to watch actual player versus player combat. It was odd. He had watched players fight players countless times in other games, and likewise, he had experienced himself and his allies duke it out with generated mobs and field bosses. This, however, was the first time weapons and fists had clashed before his eyes in an actual game of death. He knew that it was not a duel to the death. Still, somewhere in that arena were minds that were connected to separate beating hearts. The thought was chilling.

He felt primal, like he was watching two warriors test their might and hone their skills on the battlefield. There was a heartbeat to it, and he could feel that pulse through the floor as Hydra found himself slammed onto his back on the floor.

We really aren't in a game anymore, are we?

Somewhere behind him, @Beat, his travel companion and only connection to his former life, was dancing with someone who did see it as a game. Was @Ariel - The Crowned Lion getting inside of his head? He didn't know how well he could trust the importance of his return home with someone who shared too much in common with her. It wasn't necessarily his business, but at the same time, it was. He remembered telling Beat once that they could travel together as long as his objectives did not obstruct Shield's own.

I hope she's not shortening the time we have left before that day.

Edited by Shield

The frontlines haven't achieved that eh?  The more she described it the more pleased he became, though he didn't actively show it.  If this were true and he reached the frontlines, he would observe this with his own eyes just to confirm.  After that he couldn't do anything until phase two.  This was where he began laying the stones of the foundation his organization would rest upon here in Aincrad.  Once his group rose in strength and power Domarus would seep his influence throughout the players of Aincrad, whether through himself directly, or through himself even.  As he gained his respect he'd wait for the most opportune moment to take charge.  A moment where everyone is fighting amongst themselves to get the last hit.  Waiting on others to strike, consuming time concerned of who gets the item rather than taking down the boss and moving forward.  It was true that Domarus wanted a demonic item that suited him, but he wanted to get out of this game more.  For the plans he had in Aincrad paled compared to the plans he had for the real world.  Hakai then mentioned how she didn't lead and how it was a hollow title.  However she mentioned that even that random decision gave her loyalty from the players under her command and how it worked out in the end.  Then she gave her belief on love.  So that was another side of it then.
     "From what you said, it sounds like the frontlines care more about getting boss drops than getting out of this game.  And it seems that those who pretend to lead don't take the time to get to know everyone under them...  This world needs leadership if it's going to escape."  From the things Hakai was saying it was clear how she thought about those men.  However what she wanted was a mystery to him.  From what she had told him she worked with deceit as well as he, however her drive and purpose, her end goal, was still a mystery.  If she had one that he could assist with then perhaps he could enlist her.  If she turned out to have no reason at all, well...  In that case he would need to be more cautious of the woman.

@Hakai

Beat's face reflected the seriousness of the first part of Ariel's reply. For now, she seemed to be earnest in that her lust for battle was only that, a craving. One's love for battle did not instantly make them out to be a murderer. This argument had met with resistance when posed to Shield, and for good reason. The end of their debate on the subject had left @Ariel - The Crowned Lion as a wildcard. Beat's approach was more direct while Shield preferred to investigate carefully from afar. Beat's approach carried more risk, but it was also more likely to yield more information in a shorter amount of time. 

She seems sincere, but it proves nothing either way. Though she seemed to take that really well.

He was glad when the mood shifted to a lighter one and his smile returned at the offer of another quest. It would be an opportunity to assess the concerns surrounding her as a good chance get to know her better. He was fairly naive when it came to women, but her beutry was certainly not lost on him. He nodded happily before twirling her around, tossing her out with her hand in his and reeling her back in. He smiled at the success of his attempt to imitate a move he had seen another couple perform. He found himself rather enjoying dancing and slightly regretted having never done it before. 

"I would love to. I know with your strength, the list of possible quests gets a lot longer. Did you have one in mind?" 

Beat's preference would be to go to a floor where he could at least contribute should Ariel's overwhelming might not instantly decimate everything in their path. He didn't exactly mind being carried, but sitting back had never been his style, after all, he was a pretty big fan of combat himself. 

Edited by Beat

In between his words, Teion found her gaze shifting back to Beatbox again. His statement resonated with her, and she found herself staring back at him even after he finished speaking. "I... Yeah, I know what you mean." She hesitated at first, letting out a small sigh. "Anyone who met me here a year ago would think I changed into a completely different person." She couldn't help averting her gaze this time, feeling a tinge of guilt at the vagueness of her memories. She only mumbled out her next words, "And probably not for the better."[/b]

A bittersweet smile pulled gently at the edges of her mouth as Beatbox asked what he did of her. His concern was surprising, but seemed genuine all the same. 'Are all players this empathetic?' She hadn't taken the time to find out before now. She lowered her gaze a moment before offering him a weak smile. "I suppose I could give that a try."

@Beatbox

Anemone had turned and her face lit up a bit to seeing Aereth and his companion. "Of course...Yes, in fact we have met once. He was very helpful in assisting me with a quest on the seventh floor. He was quite the Knight." Anemone smiled and curtseyed to both of them as she would do in her formal dress. Her bright red eyes on the male player as she blushed a little bit, "I am so very glad you were able to make it to the event. I wanted to thank you again for being so selfless and heroic. There are not many people who would throw themselves into danger as you did Sir Aereth." Another smile on her face as her cheeks piped into that cool milky color of her original skin tone. Her eyes were brought attention to his date, "How do you do?" @Yui

In her gown, Anemone did not forget her original plan of looking for Seul once more in the ballroom. She had to make right with him somehow, but she did not feel so inclined as to be rude and just leave the conversation like some troglodyte. She would smile and nod her head, but her eyes would roam side to side of the main hall trying to look for that casual Solo Player. But it was nice to be around these people as well, she had a certain connection with Aereth that she couldn't quite explain but it was an unfamiliar feeling all together as well. She would smile happily none the less, this was a great step forward in conquering her anxiety into socializing with people. @Aereth n @Vargas

Aereth put on a guilty smile at @Vargas' comment about how his only customer wasn't coming to see him that frequently in the last couple of weeks. He rubbed the back of his head with his right hand and answered. "I'm sorry for that but I have been low on resources lately and crazy things happened to me in the last couple of days... But it's nice to hear that you've been able to gain a few levels in that time. By the way, how's Row doing? I saw her with another blonde guy here at this event."

Aereth chuckled at @Anemone's comments about him being a heroic knight that one time the two of them met on floor seven for a small quest. "No need to thank me. I just did what I promised to you. It was quite an enjoyable day and I'm looking forward to a possible follow up adventure." Aereth told the woman with the red eyes. Throwing himself into danger... Well maybe he shouldn't do exactly that in a regular fashion. Maybe he wouldn't have a red cursor if he would be more careful... Wait. What was he thinking? He looked at @Yui and immediately felt bad for even thinking this way. If he didn't step in they would most probably be dead now... It was the right choice, and he would do it all over again if he needed to. 

Edited by Aereth