[F4 - Event] Dance of the Crossed Paths

Khrysaor listened to @Soredell's observations and he couldn't agree more. He calmly said, "Yeah, Hydra is the faster of the two, but in the same token Mack has an advantage of being a tank, so he can take the hits. The battle will be decided by speed vs. defense. It can be anyone's game, but with that axe out, which looks like it can dish out the damage if hit. Hydra is in big trouble, and I can't see him get out of this situation that easily, especially if he gets even one hit from it."

Khrysaor then watched in  anticipation as Hydra went in for his attack after the stunner time ran out, but was not able to do anything with Mack able to dodge the spear at the last moment. "Ohhhh, that sucks for him, he had the perfect chance and opening there and he screwed it up. Now it looks like Hydra made the smart decision of backing down, and giving himself some space from his opponent. Now he hopefully has some time to regroup and think up of a different strategy, but that all depends on if he can dodge the next attack."

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Must be nice to have a group to rely on each other like that.”

Such commitment to watching out for his fellow guild members reminded Seul of his time in the Knights of the Blood Oath. Being on his own for so long now he had forgotten what being part of a larger group was like. Of course it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. Sometimes people wpuld judge just for being associated with a particular guild, but those worries were all dead and buried now. The only thing he could manage was to look toward the future and hope for the best.

From there spot in the building he could hear the sounds of everyone in the hall of might. Of course while he was there earlier nothing was going on, but now things were more lively it seemed.

“Wanna go check out whatever is going on in there? Unless you're still busy with ninja guard duty.”

@Hikoru

After time had passed, the dance was going well... and Beatbox was enjoying himself smiling upon Teion promising to give it at least a try, however like all peace... its ruined at some point. Distress was heard in the background from some guards, many of players talked around for what it could possibly be... however as some time passed, a guard had stepped in the center of the room and said out "Listen to all to those that wonder, a group of players stumbled into the Chapel of Forgotten Love, and saw that the statue there was missing. Lone behold... it was a boss waiting to strike." Beatbox opened his eyes and only thought of the thought that his guild mates of silver moon had died in a dungeon, he had began to breathe heavily "The bosses name is Freylise the Fallen Angel of Love, and its said her crows serves as her minions, the group was annihilated and this is a threat to everyone here. We need you all to form into parties outside to strike down this boss, we'll guide you there but don't expect our help. Once you are outside you may equip your items again, but don't come back in here wearing it." Beatbox had finished the thought of all of them perishing, and he couldn't sit back and resist yelling out "Count me in!" he had stepped forward and grabbed onto one of Teion's hands before looking over with tears in his eye "Sorry for ruining our dance, but this is something I just need to do now. Will... you at least join me in the battle?" he asked her with a smile.

@Teion

-----

Group 1:

Spoiler

1. Beatbox

2. Morgenstern

3. Hikoru

4. Aereth

5. Seul

6. Dominion

Group 2:

Spoiler

1. Ariel - The Crowned Lion

2. Domarus

3. Zandra

4. X

5. X

6. X

Group 3:

Spoiler

1. Hydra

2. X

3. X

4. X

5. X

6. X

Group 4:

Spoiler

1. Mack

2. X

3. X

4. X

5. X

6. Yamato

Floaters:

Spoiler

Anemone
Itzal
Soredell
Khrysaor

Rules: Yes, you may place yourself wherever you see fit, HOWEVER do not place someone for you. If you do not place yourself somewhere within 8-9 hours from now I will still lock the thread and dish out rewards, BUT if you arrive at the boss fight, I will still place you randomly in a team. Happy boss fighting!

Edited by Mack
Placing signed up players in position for Beatbox to try and keep things orderly. - Mack

Anemone was startled by the noise and the clamber. She was enjoying her time with the gentlemen until an abrupt stop had ceased the lievrly music. Being a woman of small stature, she couldn't quite gather or see what was going on. The voice was heard however above the whispering of the attendants, so a Boss had come to ruin things. Perhaps someone who had lost someone they loved in this world, it was a fantastic story to her. But much like fantastic stories, this one seemed to come alive like an adventure book she read back home. She sighed lightly, and could do nothing more here. If people were gonna risk their lives to help, then she could do so as well. Her eyes were on @Vargas and @Aereth, "I suppose it has finally struck midnight, will you two be going in to help? I think after all the encouraging words you guys have given me so far in our trips, I feel as though I might be a little helpful." Grabbing her dress and lifting it up to move towards @Beatbox side she smiled.

"You won't be alone. I might not be able to do any damage, but I will heal the best I can do in this predicament."

Notes: Place Anemone accordingly, she's a Healer Support so I will wish to be placed in a group where one is needed. Thanks. 

Itzal was moving back over to @Kasier when a guard rushed in and started, essentially, crying out for help.  Itzal listened and figured it out fairly quickly.  He looked to Kasier.  "Well.  I should have known we'd get back into the fight at some point.  I want to be in the same party as you Kasier.  Let's try going for the third ok?"  Hopefully they wouldn't be separated like the last time.  Itzal wanted to be there to protect her, even if he couldn't do much.  And even if he couldn't protect her he wanted to be with her.  And although he very much doubted it, if it ever came to it...  Die with her.  He made his way over to the two players, nodding to them.  "I'll be here too.  No way I'm missing out on this.  Especially with player's lives at stake."  He looked over to Velnia and whistled.  She snapped out of the dance and looked to him, nodding.  She took flight, helping the teddy bear down and turning Norbert toward's his master before flying over to Itzal, landing on his shoulder.  When he explained how there would be a boss she grinned and electricity began coming from her horns and spikes.  He truly did hope Kasier would be by his side...

Edited by Itzal

Listening to @Beat's reply, the blonde let out a hidden sigh while looking to the side and thinking: 'Of course he'd pick that one.'
"The banshee it is then!" she said, trying to appear enthusiastic. "Don't think of it like me carrying you, instead look at it as a learning experience from a 'elder' dps. I might even tell you some pro tips if you play nice." she added with a grin.

The dance so far was doing great and she was having a nice time. A small voice on the back of her head said that she should return to Zandra since she was her original 'date' for the night. Instead of spending time with her, the blonde wandered off with another player after their first dance. She let out a complicated expression thinking of how she'd explain herself later; in a way that it didn't look like she abandoned her date after a ... not so perfect first dance. Luckily the sudden appearance of a NPC guard, that progressed the night's events, made her musing on the matter disappear; at least temporarily. 

Seeing how the NPC gallantly allowed them to pick their teams instead being instantly allocated, made her turn her partially enthusiastic expression towards Beat: "I'm going to get into a team with @Zandra, how about you and @Shield joining us?" she asked as she removed her hand off his shoulder, the music and dance obviously halted due to the serious interruption. Next she waved towards her 'date' and shouted: "Oi Z, team up with me!"

Then she looked back at Beat and smiled wholeheartedly, a small smirk following her statement: "I guess you'll see us in action earlier than expected."

OOC: Taking the 1st position in group 2.

Soredell nodded his head in agreement to @Khrysaor's own thoughts on the battle. They really seemed to be playing off each other at the moment. "Agreed. I will say, this battle will really be decided on who can land their hits. If @Mack lands only one or two hits with that behemoth of an axe, the battle's his. But if @Hydra is able to employ more hit and run tactics, the battle could turn to be in his favor. Only time will tell I guess." He says, watching and waiting for Hydra to strike once again.

He watched as his spear just missed, groaning as a result of that, muttering "Oh come on, that was the perfect opportunity to lay another hit on Mack. I don't think Mack is going to have his guard dropped like that again, and Hydra won't have another opportunity like that again. This battle could very well be decided on this next attack." He says, holding his breath in anticipation for what's about to come next. Well, what came next would take a very different form.

behind him from somewhere, he heard someone calling out to the players. Some players turned their heads to look at the commotion. Soredell turned to Khrysaor, saying "Dude, come on. Let's check this out." He says pushing through the crowd to where the voice can be heard, not waiting for Khrysaor. After a few moments. He pushes through to the other side, seeing a guard address the players. He missed part of the announcement, but he got an idea of what to expect. Freylise, Fallen Angel of Love, crow minions, group annihilated, we the players have to take her out. With the guard leaving, Soredell looks around, obviously some players jumping in, but they needed everyone for this, and someone needed to say it. "What're you all doing, standing around? Let's go!" He calls out to the other players before heading out the building. Once outside, he does a little inventory switch, swapping out his suit and scarf for his usual cloak and face mask, his weapon Jade Dragon still at his side.

===

NOTE: I am a much lower level than other players present, so please place Soredell accordingly. Also this is my first boss fight so please be sure to correct me if a screw up somewhere.

Spoiler

Equipment:

- Suit [UNEQUIPPED]

- Stalker's Cloak [EQUIPPED]

- Jade Dragon [EQUIPPED]

Before @Hakai could respond there was an interruption to the entire event.  A guard rushed in and spoke of a statue that was missing and turned out to be an event boss that had wiped out the guards.  The guard asked the players for their help and begged them to equip their gear, form parties, and help the guards out.  Domarus grinned.  
     "Well now.  Looks like it was a good thing I came this time.  After all, I did tell myself that I refuse to miss out on any more event bosses."  He turned to Hakai and gave her a slight bow.
    "If you shall excuse me, I think I'll join the fray.  It was interesting talking with you my dear.  Whether you want to talk some more, or you don't is up to you.  If you do just ask around on the first floor.  They know where I live."  With that he gave a sharp whistle and Rhozarth moved from his spot, attempting to remain unseen until he reached the doorway and then ignited into flames as he flew over to him.  Amongst the chaos Porvós had slithered his way over to Keres, who was now watching Domarus and when he signaled for her to stay away and watch she nodded, moving over to the guards and staying with them.  Domarus saw his familiar flying over and opened his menu, equipping his hope breaker set, suddenly switching from his fancy suit, to black armor that pulsed a dark red glow.  The armor was meant to intimidate monsters or players he was dueling.  Vindicem, his huge two handed battle ax, appeared and he made his way over to the second group.  So far he hadn't revealed to many his armor so unless they saw him change there was no possible way for them to know who he was.  
     "I think I'll join you this time around.  Can't afford missing out on events like this."  The helmet made his voice sound deeper and metallic, which was another effect for intimidation.  He doubted it would work on the blonde woman of course, this armor wasn't designed for people like her.  Unfortunately he was still tier one, but regardless of this fact he would fight.  No doubt the others in this party were well equipped to aid him if he needed it.  Regardless of what happened however, Domarus would give this his all.  

Taking second slot on the second party.

Khrysaor couldn't agree more, Hydra was in a pretty tough spot. He could not see a way for Hydra to pull off a win successfully. He was holding in his breath waiting for the the climax of the battle to begin,but everyone instantly got distracted by the commotion that seemed to be occurring in the main hallway. He could see some players were already leaving to see what was happening, and Soredell was also quick to leave saying he wants to check out what was happening. Khrysaor looked longing back at the duel Mack and Hydra were doing, but curiosity took the better of him and he quickly followed Soredell out in the main hall.

Once, he reached the venue, he noticed the commotion originating from the entrance of the main gates. He quickly approached to see the guards give out cried screams of help to defeat some boss that has been killing off some players. They wanted the players in the party to join up and form parties to take down the enemy. He noticed few palyers already getting ready for the big fight, and he could not resist the temptation of a good fight, helping his fellow men make it out of this alive. He followed Soredell's lead, and went outside of the building to change from his formal clothes into his armor and shield, ready for the battle. He turned to @Soredell and said with a small smile, "Hey, do you have any potions or crystals to help you, if not I could spare a damage mitigation potion I have. That is if you want it, I would like to see you come out of this alive, you know."

OOC: You can place me anywhere you like to. I can be of a little bit of help as a minor tank.

Jonathan smiled as the dance ended and he gave @Rin a little twirl. The dance was great and he said, "I thought I would just tell you. You look absolutely astonishing tonight!" He smiled and watched as a guard rushed in, finding a place right next to him. He looked a bit panicked, but also trying to keep it under control. The blond frowned, and his hand moved to wrap around Rin's. They were cold to the touch, but it ft perfectly in his. The guard began to speak, the blond listened in closely. 

"Listen to all to those that wonder, a group of players stumbled into the Chapel of Forgotten Love, and saw that the statue there was missing. Lone behold... it was a boss waiting to strike."

The blond gasped. He really hoped the players were okay. He would hate to have them fall to such an enemy. He looked over nervously to Rin. If this was an invitation to a boss fight.... He sighed. Rin did not like the fact of him going on dangerous quests and bosses. 

"The bosses name is Freylise the Fallen Angel of Love, and its said her crows serves as her minions, the group was annihilated and this is a threat to everyone here. We need you all to form into parties outside to strike down this boss, we'll guide you there but don't expect our help. Once you are outside you may equip your items again, but don't come back in here wearing it."

Jonathan face became horrified. A whole group was annihilated? Why did they not warp out? His free hand clenched into a fist. They were supposed to come prepared enough for a boss fight. Luckily, he was. He turned over to Rin. His hands moved to clamp on the sides of each shoulder. He stared into her eyes, his face dead serious. His eyes were begging as he spoke. "I know you won't like it but... I just HAVE to go! If they took out an entire group, they will take out another without me. The low levels are going to probably try to go as well, and I could not forgive myself If I were not there to protect them" He chose his words carefully, but he would not take no for an answer either. "I will return to you tonight, I will meet you at your shop? Don't worry about me" Then he did something he never thought he would have the courage to. 

He kissed her. 

His hands had moved, one up to her chin, and the other behind her to the upper part of her back. The kiss was on the lips, slow and meaningful. It lasted for about five seconds before he let go and backed up a bit. Her lips had been warm to his, and it had felt amazing. He know understood why people got in relationships. The feeling was great.... He turned away, his heart wanting more, but his brain pulling him back on track. He brushed @Itzals shoulder as he passed, and gave him a nod. He rose his hand and said, "I will tank for the first group. That way we can get a good understanding of the damage. No worries, I will be as prepared as possible" He smiled but his focus was more on that Rin than the boss. 

Place me in Second position of group one

Dominion didn't get his chance to see Rows expression. A guard came into the center of the building and began talking.  A boss? It just spawned? Dominion lifted his right arm straight to the side and swiped open his inventory from memory. He unequipped his current shirt and equipped his unbuttoned white shirt, Monkey King Armor, Monkey Semblance, Monkey Ring, and Spirit Monkeys. Dominion noticed that people were already forming groups. He just wanted to group with Domarus and not with the trouble maker. When he looked over to where he thought Domarus would be, he saw Domarus actually walking up to join her team. He was bewildered. But then, it did make some sense. Domarus wanted strength, and joining her group was definitely a close guarantee to success. However, Dominion had no intent to join someone that made drama, especially just for the sake of doing it. Even though he still questioned his own morals, that was one thing he would never do. He would not "take out" a comrade in battle, no matter how dire the situation. Dominion decided he wouldn't join team two. Dominion would join whichever group Row decided to join. They were combat partners after all.

-Joins Row's group, whichever that will be

Edited by Dominion

It felt like I had walked around the whole castle, but still, I didnt found any beer. "Now I remember one of the reasons why I never went to balls and such back in real world. No real drinks." Thou on my trip around, I snapped glasses of champagne from any butler that would pass me. Then the liquid flowed down ly throath in one sip. Not sure but at least a dozen have disapeared in me. Just when I was gonna take a seventh glass from a blachaired butler, the party got abrupted by a guard. Everyones attention went to him. I took the opportunity and snapped one of the champagne glasses, emptied it and placed it back without anyone notice, hopefylly. When I was looking back at the guard I herd a female voice shouting and waving at me. 

"Sure!" I answered and stumbled over to Ariel. A meter or so infront of her a tripped and fell forward, I grabbed Ariel to get back my balance. Then I looked at her. "So, what are we teaming up for, I missed the info. And also, why is there two of you?" I said as I started to feel more dizzy. I just hope there wont be any figthing in the thing we shall do.

Takes thord spot in team two.

@Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Hikoru looked at Seul and was about to nod and follow him, when he heard that there was some sort of event boss coming. He knew it, Kayaba couldn't help but mess with the players and not just give them a wonderful evening without anything. As Quick as a flash, he re-equipped his armor and his pendant and made his way over to Beatbox, he gave him a nod. Morgenstern had joined them and he gave a small sigh

"Alright, im going to be teamed up with you guys." He said as he pulled up his hood to his cloak "I'm heading into stealth, but remember i'm here." He said as he soon dissapeared into the crowd, and climbed all the way up do a darker side of the beams above, knowing that it would be a good vantage point to attack from. He unsheathed his dagger, Yakimba, and prepared for the creature to appear, and he knew that he would be striking this thing first try, and hoped that he could do some decent damage.

@Beatbox @Morgenstern

Place in Third Position of Group One

OOC: Lead position in Group 4.

ID# 77262 results:
BD: 6 (5+1 ACC [Axe])

@Hydra: 524/715 | 47/70 [Cocentration 2/5] (-182 DMG)
Mack: 844/1020 | 71/102 [Concentration: 3/5] (+20 HP, Battle Healing) (-28+1 EN)

[Explode Catapult (AoE): 7x2x13 = 182 DMG]

Mack adopted a defensive stance as Hydra clambered back to his feet. By the time the Vice Commander had completed the switch out of a new weapon the stun timer had not had enough time remaining to try and land an attack. If Mack had tried to attack in that moment and missed he would have left himself open to a riposting attack from Hydra. It was better to drop back and wait, after all the second in command of the Knights of the Blood Oath wanted the Lyrica's Fang weapon, even though he had no intention of using it for himself.

It was simply a matter of convincing his twin to change her weapon from war hammer to a spear, it would work quite nicely for her.

As Hydra came in to attack again Mack leaned back from the spear thrust and managed to get the heavy head of his axe in the way enough to deflect the blow just enough so that the attack missed his throat and chin. "Shave and a hair cut, Hydra," the Vice Commander asked in a low growl, hubcap sized hands tightening on the haft of the axe. Grunting, Mack scythed the axe back and forth in front of his body as he activated an area attack sword skill. No one else was close enough to get hit, and it was not the most energy efficient way to fight, but it would all but ensure that Hydra got hit with the hammering blows of the two handed weapon, given how close he was standing.

A small smile formed on Row's face when Dom offered to teach her. This smile did not become genuine until he used her own line against her. She would have to sue him for copyright for sure but that would be later. Right now she really wanted to learn how to dance. However the chance would never come. A guard burst into the room mention a boss and the players needed to party up to slay it. She thought back to the last boss fight she was in. She remembered how she was useless compared to the other players and how guilty she felt in front of John. Ultimately, she knew she needed more training and practice before she was ready to do anything boss related. The thought of getting treasure was the most important thing to her, but she did not want to be a burden in order to get it. She still had 2 debts to pay after all. She turned around smiling but lowered her head. She gave one more apologize to Dom before lunging and hugging him. "I promise to be a better date, if you ever invite me again." Then she ran off not wanted to bare the burden of disappointing the monk. If she was not there, then he could have a stronger teammate. If he had a stronger teammate then he would be guaranteed his survival in the boss fight. For now, that was the only treasure that mattered.

-Row left the thread and opts out of the boss fight-

Dominion had intended to join Row in combat, but before he could, she turned around and hugged him. Again, he was taken by surprise. She promised him that she would be a better date, if he were to invite her again, and then she ran off. Dominion stood there, completely unaware to what was around him. Row had just left combat, leaving him with three groups to choose from. As he soon came to realization that combat would ensue not long from that point, he would claim the most optimal spot. He chose the last spot remaining in group 1. He walked over, thinking about Row's statement. Row, I expect you to keep to your word then. Dominion grinned, but he just didn't feel right. He would need to continue this act of joy for just a couple more hours, if everything in combat went according to plan. He finally was near Beatbox, a good friend to him. "Hey Beatbox, I hope you don't mind a monk joining your party. Had a last minute change of mind." He said, maintaining his grin

6th spot in group 1

Edited by Dominion

(OOC - 1st position of group 3)

Hydra failed to evade in time, the mighty ax cut through him with ease taking away a large portion of the spearman's health at once. The brunette wasn't sure how to react, only feel helpless as he watched his health deplete with ease. Another one of those hits and he would be finished, it appeared the crowd was beginning to thin down now as well, "Looks like this match is nearly over." Hydra managed to whisper to himself, a tone of disappointment in his voice. Glancing back up he attempted to strike out again, it appeared by now the Vice Commander could read him like a book. His spear flailing through the air, a few meters from his target. For a moment he felt bitterness in his own ability, but he quickly recalled teachings that once one had given up, there was no hope. "I can try and make what I can of this." His eyes glaring up once more, this may very well end in the next hit, but Hydra would do what he could to try and topple the giant and hope to keep Lyrica's Fang.

ID# 77264 results:

Battle: 1 (crit fail)

Hydra: 524/715 | 46/70 [Cocentration 1/5]
@Mack: 844/1020 | 71/102 [Concentration: 3/5] 

Edited by Hydra

OOC: Last spot, Group 4.

Yamato was well aware of the irony of his clothing choice for the event. An Irishman wearing a green suit, and not a dark green or even a forest green but a bright almost neon green suit. By the time the blonde had gotten around to heading out to do a spot of shopping for finding something for the event it was a very last minute sort of thing. There had not been a lot of choices at any of the tailors, regardless of whether or not they were the Non-player character or player run shops. On top of all that the suit included a kilt, not suit pants. Not that a kilt was something that bothered the Irishman that much, but it was done up in a plaid square pattern of the same lurid green along with hunter orange and white. So, it looked like nothing so much as if he was wearing a facsimile of the Irish flag.

As he entered the main ballroom one of the guards was stepping forward and making an announcement about some kind of boss. "Excellent," the fighter muttered under his breath, quickly stepping just outside of the castle and equipping all of his proper gear. When the mass exodus of players occurred as they left the castle Yamato would simply fall in with them and head out to fight the boss, easy as that.