[F4 - Event] Dance of the Crossed Paths

Hikoru listened and gave a nod. he understood the young man's dilemna, and pat his back as he did so, giving a small sigh knowing the struggle of the single life nowadays, but soon his face set to stone as he asked if him and Ariel had "split." He gripped the young mans shoulder for a moment before letting go, clenching his fist and gritting his teeth, knowing that he needed to calm down before he breathed, or he would either be inaudible or loud enough for everyone to hear, both things that he didn't want to do. He breathed and looked at the young @Seul with eyes full of Malice

"Have your Fiancee watch as your Mentor, Friend, and Brother-in-arms fall off, and just take the cape off his back and a wave goodbye? Would you stay with a person, a thing that did that?" He asked, making sure to not speak loud enough for others to hear. He hated her, with every fiber of his being. He knew that she was the new Opal to him, but this time he knew that he couldn't forgive her. Lowenthal had been an innocent man, a kind man, and a person he trusted with his life. He had no reason to die, and he wished he could have changed things. But it was too late for that, and now there was only malice and hate remaining for the woman

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Domarus listened as Hakai congratulated Aereth.  She then told Domarus that there was the possibility of meeting.  He knew that this meant that she hadn't actually wanted to talk, but perhaps had been curious.  Either way there was the chance of getting information from her so he might as well go with it.  He silently nodded before returning his attention to the others.  Then Aereth mentioned that Hakai had been one of many leaders in a boss fight.  Was that the event he had missed recently?  Domarus turned to look at Hakai with interest.  She lead them eh?  Either that meant that she was strong, had leader quality, or perhaps both.  Either way, one of these days it would be Domarus who would lead.  Unfortunately he was still below the tier two level.  That however would change soon, he would ensure it.  He grinned to @Hakai.  
     "You lead a group eh?  I'm afraid I missed that boss but I refuse to miss anymore.  I wonder if I'll be seeing you lead the next time.  Regardless, it will be interesting to see if the leaders chosen truly are, leader material.  I've seen countless people rise to leader and ended up either becoming selfish tyrants, or too weak to hold the mantle.  I haven't been to the front lines just yet so I can't say as to how good their leader is, so for now I shall trust he or she is a good one.  And yes indeed, your date is most beautiful Aereth...  I think I saw you with one other, is that correct my dear?"  This girl was a friend of Aereth's, that much was clear.  And that meant that Domarus intended to get some information on her.  He wanted to know everything about all players of course, but players interacting with his to be generals took priority.  This was all the more reason to gather intel on Hakai, however seeing as how her encounter with Aereth was brief he didn't feel the need to worry much.  Still, while this girl seemed fragile and weak, she could be otherwise.  Domarus never assumed anything about others until he had absolute assurance.  That's why he'd need to interact with this girl a little bit, possibly find her outside this dance, to gather intelligence.  Perhaps she might even have information that would prove useful that she would accidentally give out.

Spoiler

Edited by Domarus

Khrysaor watched stoically as Hydra went infor the attack mercilessly on his opponent. Even though Hydra seemed to be doing pretty decent damage at least in these opening stages of the duel. Mack was still holding on tightly to his position and looked like he wasn't breaking much of a sweat. He was wondering how close the match was going to be, at least when Mack really got serious. As he watched the wonderful match take place, he took a few sips from his juice glass, and sighed in contentment as some of his thirst was quenched. This was one of the first parties in Aincrad that he was truly enjoying himself, all the others certainly do not stack up to this one, that was for sure. Khrysaor turned to @Soredell and @Damien and shouting over the loud crowd, "Well, this is certainly turning out to be a exciting match, don't you think so guys? I wonder how long Hydra's luck will last, at the moment he has the advantage, but it could be any moment that Mack could turn the tables on him."

While Domarus talked with Hakai, Aereth and Yui, and while Keres watched the duel, hoping it would be interesting enough to her, Rhozarth and Porvós remained in their positions.  The flaming snake had heard quite a deal of noise and when the platter had fallen it peeked it's head under the table enough to see the purple figure drag a plate of food across the ballroom.  Horribly confused it fully hid itself again and continued to listen to any nearby player.  Meanwhile Rhozarth could see everything from his height.  He saw Domarus talking with the two and he saw the players talking together near the dueling section.  Rhozarth narrowed it's eyes down on two women, one it had originally thought was a male until recently.  Two women, one dressed as a man.  Either they were lesbians or were just having fun.  Either way, it's sharp eyes watched the two carefully and didn't know what to make of them.  Whether they would have even the slightest interest in joining Domarus, or even had the ability to be swayed to such a point was something that Rhozarth could not determine.  However it might be worth looking into.  For what he lacked in personality from watching them, he could easily tell that they were strong.  Keres seemed to have handled Dominion and his date but Rhozarth's owner could talk to Dominion at a later time.  As the duel, both players appeared strong.  Rhozarth could not see if they were a part of a guild or not, but one of them might be worth looking into.  It noted that only a few players were dancing at this point, and one of them near the corner but not exactly there.  Separated yet a part of it all.  The others were just dancing normally.  All in all this was rather boring.  Should something happen however, Rhozarth would rejoin Domarus, which of course, would allow him to observe the players closer, making better judgements.  However one judgement he could make was this:  The three familiars moving slowly around the ballroom were the most idiotic ones he had seen.  Rhozarth had made sure his flames were doused to ensure it's invisibility.  While Porvós was hanging on the underside of the buffet table, concealed by the cloth, Rhozarth was far above, sitting on a small platform high above the others.  Small enough for a footstep.  There seemed to be many and Rhozarth picked the place that was darkest.

Edited by Domarus

As @Beat turned his attention to the dance floor, Shield was able to turn his attention to the party as a whole. The majority of the players present were either socializing or dancing, which stood to reason at a social gathering like this. However, there were a couple of commotions taking place. Not least startling was in the direction of the familiars that he had left to their own devices.

I'll... let that matter sort itself out.

Meanwhile, away from the dance floor, a more interesting dance seemed to be taking place, this one on the field of honor. Shield gave @Zandra a nod to pardon himself before heading over to see the event that was underway. Two familiar faces had taken the stage, one of which, @Mack, he knew from his charitable contributions, having forged Shield's axe at no personal gain of his own. The other, @Hydra, had crafted his loot seeking earring. So far, the fight seemed fairly one-sided, but neither combatant seemed terribly worried, at least not yet. Shield leaned against a nearby statue, settling in to watch the battle unfold.

Elsewhere, a different struggle was taking place. Norbert was getting desperate in his attempts to dislodge his riders. For once, biting did not seem to be a solution to his problems. Usually, this was a no-brainer. If hungry, bite things until no longer hungry. If angry, bite things until no longer pestered. He planted his clawed feet and proceeded to shake his backside, swaying his heavy carapace in hopes that it might unseat at least one of the riders so that he might be able to turn and face his agitators properly. Although spirited, the swaying did very little aside from enhancing the experience of the ride for both Mack and @Itzal's companions.

Spoiler

xeSe9SK.gif

[A little like this. But more menacing.]

Edited by Shield

Hidden was happy to find that Sey was indeed enjoying himself, but he seemed more concerned about her. She smiled warmly and listened to his next question. "Truthfully, I don't think there is a girl out there who doesn't. However, I learned it from reading, and watching a few videos, and some solo practice" She smiled and then continued. "Lets speed things up shall we? Take to steps to the side, then one step back, follow my foot" She ended the swaying motion and took two steps forward, one step back taking the man with her. She went slow at first to show the man how, and then slowly began to speed up. She never had gotten the hang of the waltz, and she would never learn it with Sey. It was more of a group effort between the man and woman. 'I wonder how far this will go....' She smiled gazing at his face. He was going to get the hang of it. At first it would be rough, but after a little bit, they would have it for sure. "You got it!" 

@Sey

Vargas listened intently as Anemone explained the relationship she had with Seul. It wasn't hard to keep dancing with the simplistic three-four rhythm of the dance shout stepping on her feet and running into anyone. It was more about being aware of your partner and those around you. "I see. Well, I'll make sure to pay my regards to him so as to prevent any hard feelings I may have left him with," Vargas said as he spun her around the dance floor continuously. 

He hadn't danced with anyone in quite some time, so it was nice to hear from her that he still remembered how. "Well," Vargas started, a slight blush as he recalled his lessons when he was younger, "my father was a business man. So he'd throw parties for guests. It was expected of me to know how to...entertain some of his guests daughters more often than not. So I learned quite a bit." He realized as he said this that he'd been acting now as he would've back home. He smiled at this, it was fun and it wasn't hard for him. "As for being a princess, you are one in your own right," he added. "Yet, perhaps your Prince Charming just needs help to break his curse."

@Anemone

Teion continued to absorb Beatbox's words. Her heart felt a bit heavy, but the girl let out a small sigh to relieve some of the feeling. She glanced back to him when he asked for her reasoning and tilted her head slightly downward before gazing out over the ballroom once more. "I suppose I just wanted another perspective." She answered simply. The blacksmith paused a moment, debating with herself whether or not she wanted to continue speaking. After a few moments, her eyes flickered back to Beatbox's face briefly. "It feels like this place has taken important people away from me as well." Unable to hold eye contact, she shifted her gaze away as she continued "Even if it's not so literal. But maybe I'm just being too stubborn." The violet-haired girl let another sigh escape her lips. "Besides, this isn't the place to be spilling my guts." Her head shook lightly, her ponytail waving slightly back-and-forth behind her as she gave a small chuckle.

@Beatbox

Beatbox had chuckled, as he had listened to her words, he didn't know what to say nor do at this moment in time except to keep dancing with Teion for the moment. "I don't think any place is Teion." he chuckled as he continued to sway along her movements and smile upon her presence being here. After a bit of thinking and a little bit of silence he just didn't really know what to do honestly. He looked over to the side and chuckled "I think its odd Teion, I think how its odd that I used to be this cheery guy before this game, now I feel as though this experience had changed my outlook on things... most importantly other people. Y'know?" he took a moment of silence before chuckling on how stupid he may sound right now, he looked back forward to Teion and said to her "Just promise me that you wont blame yourself for the actions of others. I did myself, and well... I regretted it, I don't want to see you walk down the same path." he said with a concerned look.

@Teion

The next step was a tough one for him, two steps, then one. Keeping his mind occupied with the new command, he felt himself mixing it up already at first, an occasional stumble on his part. But as he was locked to @Hidden, he was unable to overstep the boundaries. She kept him in check until he learned, and he was grateful that she was patient with him as well. But that can only go so far, he needed to make sure her efforts were not put in vain. So he would continue to go alongside her with a smile on his face as he would then feel himself get with the rhythm. "That sounds real nice. I never was taught this sort of thing to be honest. It looked like fun, but... I guess I just never had the time. Thanks for being patient though, even if you don't have the fastest learner." His eyes would shift to the sides to see what had been going on, but would then look back to her. "If you don't mind me asking, would you assist me with that ever now and then?"

I smiled when Itzal looked in my direction, his gaze implying that He had gotten my message. I noticed that he was now beginning to dance with a blonde woman with blue eyes. 'He's definitely different than when we originally met...' I walked back into the kitchen to get more of the blue-green liqueur, and after doing so, I walked back to where I had been standing, though I was hidden among the dancing couples, and not easily noticed... Itzal would only take a moment to find me, which made me wish I could disappear completely sometimes. I spotted two more familiar faces, Morgenstern, and Rin. I walked over to them, noticing that they weren't dancing... I merely stood still... when I realized that a Very Angry Snapping turtle with a teddy bear and a tiny dragon, from the appearance, it seemed that it was Velnia, were riding on the poor turtle. "... Did I really just see that..?" I looked up at Akame, who seemed to be just as surprised as I was. I looked back at Morgen and Rin, and I noticed that they seemed to be having a conversation with a group of two guys. I sighed Inwardly, and headed back to the kitchen to grab some food, because like it or not, you had to eat in this world.

Itzal danced with Kasier.  The two danced for the longest time, silent and yet at the same time so much being said through other means.  All they had to do was look into each other's eyes to communicate.  As they danced, Itzal adjusted to the movements until he had, in a sense, become one with it, just like he would when he was in combat.  As the music reached it's softest moment he leaned over to Kasier, lying his head on her shoulder since she was, slightly taller than he was.  As the music began to shift to a different song the two finished dancing.  His face was a bit warm but he was very much satisfied.  Meanwhile, Velnia was having the time of her life.  Although she felt a bit bad for the turtle so as they passed some food she snagged a large yummy leaf and held it out for him to eat, grinning to him as she did so.  She wasn't afraid of her jaws.  Like her element, she was extremely fast.  During the slow rage however, she was careful to steer them away from Itzal and Kasier, to keep from interrupting their dance.  After Itzal and Kasier finished he told her about Mina's message and how he thought they might as well get her initiation out of the way real quick.  And so they made their way over.  He had detected her rather fast using his mod and smiled.  "Hey Mina!  It's been a while.  So what's up?  Anything you need?  Also, perhaps we could get your initiation out of the way.  It's just three questions to be honest."

Mistaking the peace offering by @Itzal's familiar as yet another taunt, Norbert aimed his powerful jaws at the mysterious purple creature directly, triumphantly enthused now that one of his riders had been foolish enough to enter his line of sight. His long turtle neck craned to bring his weapons to his adversary, letting out a little turtley groan with the strain of lurching his head forward so forcefully. Finding it difficult to get a bead on the swift sky serpent, Norbert began to march forward, as if being led by a carrot on a string.

The odd trio of the turtle, @Mack's bear, and whatever mysterious creature dangled the leaf lumbered off further onto the dance floor. The angry turtle's triumph drained slowly away as it was proving more and more difficult to bite off a piece of his target. Each strike from his jaws closed with a loud, hollow clomp. Although walking forward served no productive purpose, the alligator snapper forged on. After all, the reptile's disproportionately large head was purposed solely for the sake of its jaws and the muscles to power it, very little concern being given for extra brain space.

"You must come from a pretty prestigious family then Sir Vargas. I come from a rather simple home, I suppose. My mother and father are both botanists and hippies? But they are generally very easy going. But somehow I adopted a sense of anxiety when I am around people. I get easily flustered and Oooo--" While she was talking, she was given a surprise twirl by the bold Sir Vargas as her gown lifted and spun around with her before his hands came back to their place around her waist. She was mildly surprised and shocked she didn't go spinning into the orchestration or some food. She giggled softly, her hand once more in his. He was a charming fellow for sure, but she wondered where Seul had gone off too. 

She didn't mean to ignore Sir Vargas, but she did kind of feel a little guilty for dropping Seul like a dead weight anchor. She wanted to enjoy the evening with him, but he just didn't seem very interested at all. But now he was somewhere else, not where she had left him. She bit down on her lower lip slightly feeling a bit like one of those girls that would chose a guy over another. Now she was feeling a bit awful about the whole ordeal. She smiled knowing this and looked up at Vargas, "You were quite the surprise this evening. I wish Seul had been a bit more bold..Not that I am comparing the two of you. I just met you, but on the other hand I don't know Seul very well as well. He was there to help me when I really needed someone, he is a Protector..." when she thought about it in that sense, she chewed on her bottom lip a bit and smiled. "Perhaps there is more to him, I want to know more about him..." The woman felt the dance was soon ending and she would gather her thoughts after this dance, "I really should go back to @Seul, and apologize for this. But I wholeheartedly thank you for this dance. You have been most kind, Sir @Vargas. Perhaps we can meet up a tad later?" 

"Sure." I answered. "Enjoy yourself. Beat, try to not step on her feets okay? They might be a little squeezed already, just to not make it worse." I saw the suit-clad couple walk over to the dancefloor with a smile on my lips. I was a little jealous of Beat. But I already have had a dance with Ariel and she probably would like the dance more if her partner didnt stepped on her feets. "I think I will take some dancing lessons after this in case there will be another ball like this." I thougth to myself as I turned back to shield. Thou he was already on his way away. It seemed there a scene with some familiars happening. When I watched the group of animals, I couldnt spot my feathered friend, the kings-eagle Zita. When I took a look around I did spot her. She was sitting in one of the huge lamps hanging in the roof. She sat there and observed the other familiars. I couldnt tell if she wanted to join them or something else. I leaved it like that and instead looked around to see if there was anything to drink. Mostly I would like a glass of honey coloured beer with a thick layer of foam on top. But it was very unlikely that would be onba gathering like this.

While waiting for an answer and while the others were talking, Aereth decided to take a closer look at everybody else that was currently on and besides the dance floor. He noticed a familiar woman, @Anemone, he had met some days ago who was dancing with with a partner and friend of Aereth, @Vargas. While they were dancing, there was a brief moment where the two of them were able to lock eyes, and Aereth smiled at her with a slight nod of his head.

After the chat with Domarus and Hakai was over and after the two of them parted ways, Aereth decided to take @Yui by her hand, like a gentleman, and to walk over to @Vargas, in order to give the man a proper greeting. "Hey there, my friend. How have you been lately?" Aereth asked the man in front of him completely forgetting his red cursor.

Edited by Aereth

Soredell maintained his gaze upon both @Mack and @Hydraas they continued to fight. Hydra was lucky to have the opening attack and landing a hit like that on Mack. If Mack was as good as people said he was, Hydra would need every advantage over Mack that he could get, otherwise that advantage would wear off and Mack would take the win. Soredell noticed that the crowd around him was yelling and cheering, and he could barely hear @Khrysaor talking to him. "I don't know, its only a matter of time until Mack turns the tables on Hydra with one good hit. Only way Hydra can win is by continuously laying on the hurt, hitting hard and hitting fast. That's the only way that I can see him winning. He also heard Hydra say something, but over all of the cheering and yelling and general commotion around him, he couldn't hear that either.

Row tried to think of the best way to describe the song. "Well... I think its just a song, but there a dance that goes with it and the lyrics tells you the steps." As she thought about the song more, she realize how pointless it was. The only way that knowing that dance would be useful is if they played it, which she doubted they would. None of that would matter as Dom had already crafted a plan. "Slow dancing? Well if it fits with the music..." The name did not give it the feeling of excitement but then again, the music playing was not exciting. She followed his instructions, putting her right hand on his shoulder and allowing him to but his hand behind her waist. She did not like the idea of a random boy grabbing her, but she would not protest since Dom was a real monk. She tilted her head down to hide her blush. "If you grab my butt... I will kick yours!" she whispered, in order to hide the fact that she was nervous. Finally, she grabbed his hand and then looked up.

@Dominion

“It's hard to say what I'd do since I've never had to deal with anything like that before.”

The conversation had turned sort of serious now as he could see how passionate Hikoru was when he spoke about these matters.  Not being involved with Ariel or the circumstances surrounding Lowenthal’s death made it difficult for him to speak. Literally anything could have happened, so for him to jump to conclusions would have been foolish. Not like he'd actually say that though. He had too much respect for the man to be rude like that and on top of everything else these were two people he truly cared for, something that could not have been said was the same for Seul.

“Anyway… What brings you to a Valentine’s Day event if you weren't planning on bringing a date? I mean there's no rule that says you needed to have one, but looking around at all the players coupled up while I'm going by myself to drown my sadness at the desserts table kinda sucks.”

@Hikoru

She smiled, remembering the mans face now. Right. "Heh. Sorry you had to be there for all of that drama. I had a part in it as well, although none of that shouting business or attempted succession from the raid." She pointed in the vague direction of the blond haired young man she had been together with until the event boss. "I had to get him off my back. One of those players that fancies themselves a bad boy but then can't follow through." She said with a smirk. She nodded to Aereth as he excused himself and his date to go dance. She turned to Domarus, having waited until Aereth had left to reply to his comment on leadership. "The key to leadership is loyalty and love. Even from someone with evil intent, the loyalty of their own troops should come first. Loyalty through love and trust is always better than control through fear." She said with a smile. "When you have loyalty and love, peoples own minds will trick them into believing that what you do is right."

@Domarus @Aereth