[F4 - Event] Dance of the Crossed Paths

Soredell rubs the back of his head, embarrassed at that stunt that he pulled on @Damien and @Hydra. He steeled himself, extending his hand to both players, shaking Damien's hand. "Pleasure to meet you Damien. My name is Soredell. I'm mostly alright. Apologies once again for that little incident." he says, looking around to make sure no guards were coming this way. Nearby players were muttering among themselves before going back to their own conversations. "It certainly isn't like me to be tripping over like that. Guess something stuck out on the floor and my foot caught on that." he says. Turning to the other, he says. "My apologies once again for that incident. I hope that you won't hold any ill will towards me for that." he says, extending his had to Hydra. "My name is Soredell. This... certainly has been an interesting introduction to say the least." he says, before casting his eyes towards the quickly filling ballroom. "There certainly is quite a surprising number of players present. I wouldn't have thought that there would be many attending. I'd assumed that they would rather be pushing through the frontlines and working to beat this game." he says to the two of them as an attempt to start a conversation.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hidden smiled as she rested her hands upon his shoulders. "Alright, just follow my lead. Just... sway accordingly to me." She smiled reassuringly. He had to perfect this before they could try tow-step. She had managed to get Domarus off their backs, if only for now though. Many people were following their lead and joining in on the dancing, meaning that they were not the only ones in the room dancing. She refocused on Sey, as it was rude to not give your attention to your partner when dancing. "Well, you have anything interesting to speak about, or are you content with just swaying" Her eyes lit up as she spoke of it as she mentioned the Phase Dagger she had found. "I have not found the fallen yet, but a few days ago, I managed to get my hands on a phase dagger! All I will have to do is get a damage familiar, upgrade the dagger with some bleed or something, then I will have an honorable amount of damage." She smiled. She had needed to find the man a fallen weapon still, but it was all witht eh luck of the draw. She was not going to find things very often, so it definitely would take a while to get one exact order. 

@Sey We need to make more posts to get maximum SP

The gentle sway was realxing for him, and he attempted to follow her steps casually. It was a little difficult at first, but the pacing was decent and easy enough to follow through with. It took a lot of self-control in order for him to not look down at his steps and try to refocus them, but eventually, he was able to handle the movements. Eventually, his mind would just blend with the movements, letting them be as natural to him as breathing. It was actually much more fun than he thought of it to be. Of course, he kept his eyes on her, since that was what the form of dance was supposed to be about. "Don't worry about it. I won't pester you about it over this moment. Though that dagger you speak of sounds real good. I can't wait to see what you become in the near future." The steps continued to pace as his eyes would lock onto her, planning to continue their conversation. "How are you right now though? Is everything working out well for you?"

@Hidden

Edited by Sey

Jonathan looked at the two players. Shield appeared to be taking charge out of the two, so the man looked at him directly. After a few seconds of deciding, he noticed he really could not ask the first question. He was inviting them, not they were applying. "I only have two questions as of now, but usually I am not the one for asking the questions. That would be the Scout Paladin. My first question is what drives your fight, what are your motives to keep getting stronger?" He paused for a second before exchanging his glare to Beat, the casual shift form player to player unalarming. "My second and final question would have to be, are you fine with PKing" Joanthan knew the first question was kind of just a understandment question, to get to know who you're talking to. The second question was the real thing. The CA had a strict no PKing, unless in defense. If its was to save your own, or someone elses skin, then it was alright. 'I wonder what their answers will be. I really want to know their motives, but perhaps I could get something else done here as well.' 

@Shield @Beat

Hakai stood near the wall in the hall of might, watching the entrance for anyone who might be able to entertain her for a while. There were plenty of people entering, and in the next hall plenty of people dancing. As she was watching, someone dressed in a black suit walked by, someone who she recognized. It was Grave. Of course, she had recognized plenty of people walking by, but he was the one who she believed had seen through her facade, even a little bit. Granted, she had become worse and worse at hiding her true personality however. She left the hall of might and made her way into the kitchen after him. She wandered up to him. "How's it going Grave. You up for a dance? Seems like everyone else has a partner or is actively avoiding finding one." She stated with a smile. She held out a hand towards him in invitation. She didn't expect him to say yes, but she didn't see why she couldn't ask.

@Grave

Yui continued to remain attached to his back, it wasn't often she got to do this as her sister was quite overly protective frankly she was shocked the first quest wasn't Saying their Vows just to prevent her from attempting to flirt and marry other boys. Even if it was just an in game quest she thought of it as a momentous occasion to be celebrated not completed. "Oh please, her grip is like that of a snapping turtle sure it hurts but eventually she just snaps straight through the bone and you find yourself released one way or another." She joked in a rather morbid fashion, that wasn't all that normal for her as she was still shaken up about all the predicaments they had underwent. "Anyway mister grumpy face lets go have some fun."

As she hung off his back she blinked confused from his comments about not really being a hero, "Of course you are not many people would just risk their safety in a death game for a stranger. I mean Yua mentions how she would do it for me but no one else." As he offered a dance she released her own iron grip no falling to the ground and curtsying. "Sounds like a wonderful idea."

@Aereth

It wasn't long before she noticed that @Morgenstern had gone of to talk about the Celestial Ascendants, a frown spreading across her face as she still was uncomfortable with the idea of guilds. In her mindset they were all just one crisis away from turning into a mafia or mob mentality pack. It also had a bitter taste as the guild Alex had been in was still alive even though he was not. They shouldn't have let anyone fall, and they never explained to her what exactly had happened. She stood by the buffet table eating a few more strawberries attempting to muster the courage to walk back over as she now did so. Strolling slowly over to @Shield, @Beat, and @Morgenstern. "So, you both are thinking of getting involved with the guild Jon is in as well?" She asked curious hoping to listen in on the conversation as she was interested learning more about the group even if she wasn't ready to join it herself. It might just be on large happy family for now, but what later on.

Shield returned @Morgenstern's gaze, regarding him intently and with furrowed brows as he listened carefully to both questions. Although in the strictest sense he had nothing to hide, parts of those questions delved into matters he had never discussed with anyone online before, even with @Beat. He took a long moment to consider his answers, but by the end of it, he could see no reason why transparency would be harmful. If they were taking the time to be this thorough, it meant they took the affairs of their guild seriously, as well as the safety of its members.

"In regard to your first question, I had a family once, but they left my life long before I was trapped here," he began, his voice slow and deliberate. "Kayaba's trap made me realize how wasteful it was to let them slip away from me without a fight. I fight in SAO for the chance to see my daughters again and find a way to be a part of their lives. It drives me forward, and it keeps my will to survive strong so that I will live to have that opportunity."

The second question was one that had been on his mind, and doubly often since their brush with the blood lust Ariel had exhibited on the battlefield. He knew his opinion on killing in general. Most decent humans under normal circumstances would say that taking a life was unthinkable, but the death game was far from normal circumstances.

"I think that killing, on the whole, aught to be avoided. I have no plans on killing anyone for any reason and I find the idea of doing so disturbing to the utmost degree. However," he said, closing his eyes as he considered the realm of possibilities that existed in the confines of SAO"if it is necessary for survival, for myself or anyone who I hold dear, or if anyone stood in the way of my escape from SAO, and all reasonable options for removing the obstacle had been ruled out as a possibility... then I cannot guarantee that I would maintain my green cursor."

He opened his eyes, the dark irises hardened and focused now that he had been brought into the head space of survival and life or death decisions.

"So to be clear, if you're asking whether I would be 'fine' with PK-ing, no. I would never feel good about that decision," he clarified, taking a moment and a breath to bring his mind fully back to the conversation at hand and away from sheer survival. "However, if you're asking if I would feel guilty about it under those circumstances, no. I would not. I don't think that guilt is something we have the luxury to waste our time on. Not anymore."

By this point, @Rin had stepped over to the small gathering. Shield nodded to acknowledge her arrival.

"We're at least exploring that option," he answered. "We are unfamiliar with the guild, but it sounds promising if they are all on the level."

Edited by Shield

Khrysaor had tried talking to @Morgenstern but it seemed like Jonathan could not hear him over the noise of the party and had seemed to start talking to other players there he decided he can start another conversation with him some other time, since it looked like the party was going to continue for some time. Khrysaor then decided to look around for anyone else he could recognize, and finally spotted @Hydra, he seemed to be talking to two other players that he could not recognize.

He walked up to Hydra, and his 2 companions. He swung his arm across Hydra's back and rested it on his shoulders, "Hey, buddy. How ya doing? Its been a while since we saw each other. Mind introducing me to your two friends over there." He gesture his head towards @Damien and @Soredell and said, "Hey guys, my name is Khrysaor. You can call me Khry for short if you want to."

The blonde made her way to the tables of snacks, desserts, and other various food items laid out for party-goers to enjoy. Kooh only resisted the temptation for so long before taking a small raspberry tart from a platter of at least a dozen identical pasteries. With her prize in hand, the girl turned again to scan the room. So many players already seemed to have broken off into pairs or small groups, dancing or conversing and looking to generally be enjoying themselves. Kooh held back a frown. Unless she wanted to be that one person at a party to stand around by herself eating sweets all night. 'Nahh, if only.'

The girl strolled for a bit, weaving her way between playings and NPCs alike before her eyes fell upon a handful of players that seemed to be making idle conversation. She didn't recognize any of them, but gave a mental shrug before making her way over. A group of strangers was preferable, at this point. "Hey boys, enjoying the party?" Kooh spoke up, wearing a playful smirk once she approached them.

@Damien @Hydra @Soredell @Khrysaor

Hikoru gave a small sigh and moved away from the area. He was still on guard, but he was enjoying being able to socialize with the younger players, and getting to befriend possible frontliners and getting to know them a little better. He saw a player he had recognized from a time prior to the dance, and came over to her. He hadn't spoke to her since then, as she had left without another word to him. He appeared from behind her, his cloak slightly drawn, but still showing his facial features to the young @Yua

"Hey, hope i'm not being a bother." he said simply, leaning on the wall next to the girl. He really didn't know others at this party, and most of the people he did know were in large groups, something he wasn't comfortable with. But now most of them were on the dance floor now, and he had two left feet. He really wasn't much for being a dancer, he was for more parkour-like things, like climbing and jumping, scaling what he could. But dancing was something that he couldn't find himself to learn. He looked at the girl, then realized she was mostly alone "Where's your sister?" He asked, curiously.

Yua glanced had mostly mozied over toward the side of the ball room, keeping herself off the ballroom floor as to  not be bothered by onlookers who would question about the identical twins that were now out. The plan was to not be that open about the identities of themselves, though that cat had already long left the proverbial basket that it had sat in. A rather dead gaze fixed toward the location of  Yui and Aereth, it was transfixed upon their location till a voice spoke out breaking her concentration. "What?" She mumbled rather dazed now glancing back at the wall she was about to lean against. The master of shadows had taken her spot without even a sound. "How did you even," she grumbled a bit annoyed that she didn't have enough perception to realized that he had flanked her. "My sister is over there with that fellow, she seemed to fancy the damaged knights in fading armor. We frankly are lucky that he showed up ..." As she looked back her eyes stayed fixed upon his orange cursor regretting her weakness. "That orange cursor should have been for me ..." She clenched her fist angrily that she was so weak how was she ever suppose to get stronger with the increasingly strong mob spawns and the pker's who were starting to step out from the shadows they had taken refuge. "Why are you sulking anyway, 'baka'? I thought you were the type of guy who would have been desperately searching for a girl so you wouldn't come alone to a dance?"

@Hikoru

Everyone had been looking so enchanting this evening. It really felt like a Ball one would see in a fairy tale or something. Anemone had always dreamed of being a Princess for a night like this, getting dressed up and looking her best. The night was going splendidly; she had met Seul whom wore a casual-formal get-up, it accented his flair and his mellowness which she found to be a comfort and authentic to his own style of personality. While she wore a dress fit for a Princess, she could have worn something a bit more elegant perhaps and less belly showing clothing. But she wanted to attract his eyes to her, she wanted to feel like the only woman he would see at this party. It gave her a sense of selfishness, and perhaps that was asking for too much from someone she barely knew. In fact, was this even a date they were on or were they just simply friends? Anemone had looked up at Seul while they were walking, catching his gaze and a small smile forming on her lips. She had met some really nice players during her journey so far that she greeted with her eyes. 

Those people were with others at the moment, enjoying the atmosphere all around them as much as she was enjoying it as well. There was the likes of scented foods and plenty of beverages to go around. Not to mention the soft cascading music flowing ethereally through the Hall. It was a magical moment for her and her journey, she hoped she could survive long enough in this Death Game to cherish more memories like this with other people as well. Though she had yet to speak to anyone else yet, she smiled and curtseyed to those she met eyes with and simply walked with Seul. 

During the dance, the blonde would let her partner's 'missteps', she couldn't be more grateful to the fact that the sensation of pain was completely removed or else the numbness that would overcome her feet would leave the blonde inmoble for a while. Luckily she survived the dance and now was turning her head towards where Zandra was pointing. She didn't knew the girl in particular aside from seeing her, here and there, participating in server wide events. Her memory clicked when a more recent memory surfaced... during the event, she would remember Beatbox's tantrum... and that girl... left him? Unsure of the relation those two had, she let her shoulders rest with a uninterested sigh.

However she did recognize the boy she was talking with and the light motion of her eyebrows allowed for a furrow to emerge. She clicked her tongue thinking: 'to early for him...' then faced Zandra and after entwining her arm with hers, she started walking towards the snack table.

"Let's leave them for later..." said the blonde while eavesdropping on nearby conversations. One in particular piqued her interest as the guy that got launched in the air like a rocket a short while back, was having a somehow serious talk with @Shield and @Beat. A couple of new players that she personally took interest in. the words 'killing' and 'PK' in particular stood out to her more clearly than others. 

"Do you know them by chance?" asked the blonde her stunning date, in a hushed voice not to disturb the 3 that were talking. Taking a glass of lemon iced tea and drinking it while remembering the details of the event. She couldn't act badly or she would be forcefully removed... however, a demonstration duel was something that was permitted. With a slight smile she stole a side glance @Morgenstern.

Domarus noticed, and was pleased, to see that the people he was watching had not noticed his gaze.  With them not noticing he would be able to keep an eye on things.  However, he wouldn't.  Instead he'd switch his gaze back to Keres with a gentle smile.  He had left it to her when they arrived.  While they were approaching Sey and his pretty date, she scanned the area for places Porvós and Rhozarth could hide.  As they greeted she gave hidden signals to them.  Domarus himself didn't know where they were hiding but Keres did.  Porvós was on the underside of the buffet table, listening in on conversations, while Rhozarth was sitting high up at the highest point of the domed ceiling, keeping an eye on everyone and everything.  Porvós was there to listen for players of interest, and help Domarus and Keres find them at a later date.  Nobody had any reason to look under the table so nobody would find the snake.  And Rhozarth was keeping an eye on things while Domarus danced with Keres.  Of course nobody had any reason to look up, and even if they did they'd have to actively seek out his dragon to find it.  And thus he had nothing to worry about.  However caution was always a step in his plans.  As he danced he spoke to Keres.
     "So, are you enjoying your time here?"  
     "Meh, it's a little boring.  There looks like there might be a little action, but most everyone is either nervous or being an idiot to my eyes.  Or just not caring either way."  Domarus was silent as he partially agreed with her.  It seemed there were many players here who didn't really have a reason to be here.  Some seemed like they were here on business.  However there were a few they needed to be wary of.  Other than this there shouldn't be an issue.  And if there was...  He had his equipment stored in his inventory if something went wrong, and he was certain most of the players in here would back him up if someone caused trouble.

Were his eyes similar in color to her own? Perhaps they had more of a green hue to them... Teion caught herself staring back at the blonde as he spoke up to reassure her. While she moved slowly to match his rhythm along with the music, she quickly tried to decide where else to direct her gaze. The girl soon settled on looking out to the ballroom and other dancers around them.

'...Is this rude?' She questioned herself after a few seconds of avoiding his gaze. As always though, the sound of his voice brought her attention back and she turned back to face him as he offered her a compliment. She wasn't sure if she regretted being as close as they were at that moment, because his words quickly caused her cheeks and nose to redden in embarrassment. "O-oh, thank you..." Her gaze shifted again when she felt too flustered to look at his face any longer. "You...look really nice as well." She spoke softly.

'Ugh, what are you doing?' Teion scolded herself after a few rather awkward seconds passed. The girl took in a slow, deep breath, closing her eyes before exhaling steadily through her mouth. Her face returned to its normal color and her features softened until she wore her usual, neutral expression. As she looked back out to the ballroom and other dancers she took a long pause before opening her mouth to speak again. "Have you ever felt like you lost somebody, even if they never really went anywhere?"

@Beatbox

Shield was one of the few people that could guarantee that Beat would listen when the situation called for it. It wasn't that Beat didn't listen when it was important, but when Shield spoke, Beat paid more attention than he would otherwise. Shield's wisdom had been made apparent to him throughout their travels together and he found it best to at least hear the older man out before making decisions. To put it another way: Shield was a good counter to Beat's rashness. As expected, Shield's answer to the @Morgenstern was calculated and thorough. As the paladin turned his gaze on Beat, the black-haired man replied with a similar air of seriousness, though his brow furrowed as he contemplated his answer. 

"My motivation for becoming stronger is to simply be the best. That motivation drove me to the top of other games is the same one that drives me here." He paused for a moment as he considered his time in Sword Art Online, "Though, I will say that it's more than my life on the line, so those lives are a good reason to become the best."

At the thought of player killing, his thoughts turned to @Ariel - The Crowned Lion for a brief moment before he focused on the debate he and @Shield had gotten into over her behavior. Beat's ability to empathize with others had taken great strides since his time here, the time spent with others had softened his heart somewhat and given him a better perspective. His regard for human life, however, had never been in question, though it had never really been an issue until now. 

"I would say that my enjoyment of combat does not extend to the slaughter of other players, especially not when real, human lives are at stake. That fact carries too much weight to be taken lightly. If my cursor ever becomes orange, it will be acquired in the protection of others or myself and only in a dire situation."

Beat's head turned to @Rin as his expression lightened up considerably, his relief to move to a lighter topic apparent. He gave her a winning smile and spoke cheerfully.  

"Maybe, we'll have to see. What about you?"

Mack, the ginger-headed and bearded Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath, stood just beyond the enormous doors that led into the castle that was serving as the host location for the world of Aincrad's Valentine's Day party. For the evening the soldier had settled on a formal costume that would reinforce the image of a front line fighter while still looking regal and sporting the colors of the guild. To that end, Mack was dressed in the somewhat stuffy formal attire of an English general from the colonial period. There was a long red coat that reached to the axe man's knees with white and blue trim with golden braiding winding up the sleeves and golden buttons. That coat was over a forest green vest trimmed in gold thread and also with golden buttons and the vest was over a light, white cotton shirt with some ruff at the neck. The entire ensemble went with a pair of white pants, somewhat more baggy than the historical standard, and a pair of polished black leather boots that stopped just below the knee. The other non-historical portion of the clothing was the leather wrapped haft of the axe that protruded above Mack's left shoulder.

As he stood on the steps of the castle the towering man stooped for a moment and then secured a wriggling morass of brown fur and claws by the scruff of its neck. Nearly effortlessly, Mack hauled the grizzly cub up until he and Chewie could see eye to eye with one another, storm grey eyes boring into chocolate brown eyes. "Normally, I police you very little. Tonight, I expect you to be on your best behavior though," Mack began as Chewie chuffed out a sigh through his nose. "Do not climb up on the food tables, to not jump in the fountains, do not climb other players like trees to demand food from them." The bear sighed again, even louder this time, through his mouth and gave his master a doleful look. "If you break my rules, I will throw you out of the highest window I can find, and there will be nothing for you to eat except plain black bread for a month. Do you understand?" The bear raised one fore paw to his forehead and made a mocking 'salute' gesture. Mack nodded and set the bear back down on the ground. "Now scoot."

Chewie did not need to be told twice, the bear was off like a shot of brown lightning, high tailing it up the stairs and into the castle. Mack followed behind the beast at a more sedate pace. Stepping through the intricate doors, Mack made his way into the ballroom area, nodding occasional greetings to people that he recognized as he passed. After a few moments of familiarizing himself with the general layout of the area the Vice Commander moved off into one of the side halls, noting that the area had clearly been set aside for the purpose of allowing the players to engage in duels with one another. Unsheathing the mammoth axe at his back, Mack planted it on the ground and leaned his forearms atop the bladed head of the weapon, making it clear through his body language that he was prepared to take all comers.

Beatbox had chuckled and smiled back when she had returned the complement, he didn't mind that she had looked around to the other dancers... he knew that she was a little shy and probably wanted to make sure she was doing this right, and for that he respected that she had looked around to the other dancers. They spent a good moment in silence listening to the music as she had returned from her neutral look as she had continued to look around to the other dancers, however Beatbox had kept his eyes forward to Teion as he didn't really necessarily care for the other dancers that were around, then was surprised by the question... Beatbox had gotten a little surprised look before he smiled and closed his eyes a bit but keeping them open as he looked down and with a somewhat depressed sound he had said to her softly "Only all the time Teion... I used to be in a guild a year or so ago, they were called Silver Moon, and well... to say the least I was one of their strongest members at the time... before I had taken a while to myself from all this chaos, the leader the co-leader now my ex, and two others decided to go to floor 10 to go dungeon hunting and level grinding... and... well..." he took a moment to take a deep breath "...I haven't heard from them since, they could be perfectly fine... however I would never know since they aren't on my friends list anymore." he shook his head as a few tears had flowed down his face, he looked up to Teion's eyes with a smile "But I still continue to fight on to make them proud, even if they don't believe in me anymore."

@Teion

Kasier sat down, her eyes scanning the area as more and more people started to pour in to the castle or palace - whatever it is called. Along with more people, it appears that more action was occurring as the seconds progressed. The more that people began to pour in though, the more she felt uncomfortable within the blue dress that she so rarely wore. However, it must be done. This was the month of the lovers and recently, she had simply not spent as much time as she wanted with Itzal. It was time for her to make it up to him by giving him her hand in a dance. Just as she was going to invite him to the middle room, the grand room - she thought... Well at least the grandest room out of all three rooms available to everyone, Itzal was approached by Macradon and soon after he had finished speaking with the famous player, he returned and sat down besides Kasier. A blush that had arose to Kasier's face was enough to make her destroy all hopes of her asking at that moment. Luckily though, Itzal stood up and began to talk to a different person. She didn't really look up to see who and she didn't really hear anything but she knew that Itzal was no longer sitting by her side. Soon enough, however, the man returns once more and that was when Kasier stood up.

"Let's go dance." Kasier said simply, holding out her hand and allowing the handsome man her hand for a slow dance. "It's polite for a man to lead the way to the dance floor." Kasier said with a grin, attempting to laugh away all the eyes that seemed to be scanning around.

@Itzal