[F4 - Event] Dance of the Crossed Paths

As they strolled forward he heard @Rin speak, something that kinda made him a bit... uneasy... so he looked at her and smiled. "You have not made this day worse for me. I am happy just being here with you. Anyways, I am here to make the best of this experience... for you."  The blond chuckled and strolled forward, noticing the dining area. A few players had already gathered around here. Hikoru, the DPS Paladin of his guild, happened to have already be standing there. Jonathan nodded, addressing the man. He seemed a bit busy, speaking with two other men. He heard a few words from the men, including Guild, and the Celestial Ascendants. One was apparently named Shield, and the other Beat. He returned his attention to Rin as she spoke of strawberries, and once she aspired to be a cook. "Grab yourself a few strawberries, and I will meet you in a moment?" It sounded like a question, but he did not really await for an answer, he stepped up and beside Hikoru. He cleared his throat and said, Good morning Gentle men" 

He looked at the two players, Shield and Beat. "I am Jonathan, Tank Paladin of the Celestial Ascendants. I may be mistaken, but I believe I heard something about the guild going on around here...." His eyes shifted to @Hikoru before meeting @Shield's and @Beat's. If there was something going on that involved the guild, he and the rest of the paladins had a little bit of a right to know. 

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh Jesus, I'm so so late. Pretty sure everyone is already there by now at least." Soredell mutters to himself as he runs up to the castle. He had gotten a notification about a new event occurring somewhere only a few hours ago. Something about Valentine's Day. Keep in mind Soredell wasn't one for stuff like dances and all that, especially in a place like Sword Art Online, but an event like this could potentially yield some rewards that would help him get to the front lines. 'Just this once. Then never again.' He thought to himself after choosing to attend the event.

One problem was getting to the event on time, which he was already failing. Another problem was getting some formal wear for the event. He doubted that the event would let him enter in his combat gear, so he had to find a tailor and get a suit made for him. It wasn't easy, and he had to jump through a lot of hoops, but eventually he did it, managing to get himself a simple black suit, with a grey dress shirt and black tie. As a last minute addition, he bought himself a black scarf to use as a face mask.

Back to the present, Soredell had finally made his way to the location of this event, doing a once over on himself to make sure there wasn't anything out of place. Soredell had never been one for formal events, especially one like Valentines Day, or as he liked to call it, Singles Awareness Day. Even at his age before SAO, he had never really been with anyone. Take from that what you will. Regardless of that, he still wanted to make an effort to look decent. Who knows? Maybe he might get lucky this time around. Steeling his nerves, taking a deep breath, he makes his way inside.

The Foyer of Amour looks exactly what Soredell expected from an event like this. The place looked like a ballroom. In the spirit of Valentines Day, the statues resembled the figure Cupid, wielding bows and arrows, the arrowheads looking like hearts. Slow music can be heard all around, making Soredell think of the song "Let's Get it On" by Marvin Gaye, even though the song and the music here sounded nothing alike. Looking around, Soredell saw a surprising number players present. A few in the middle of duels, some dancing, many conversing among themselves. Obviously since he was primarily a solo player, Soredell didn't recognize anyone. So where would someone go to in the middle of a formal event if he didn't know anyone, besides leave? The food area. It doesn't take long for him to find it, and sees a few players present. He looks around and sees there are indeed a few players by themselves. It probably wasn't the best time to initiate any conversations with them since they were mostly eating. As a result, he sat by himself at a table near some of the other single players at their own tables, and just looked around, not really doing much unless he was called over.

Beat's arms folded as he continued to listen to Shield's proposal. It made sense to be cautious and he was certainly not being rude. Even if they were to trust @Hikoru and his guild, if they couldn't live up to Hikoru's claims, then they were still wasting their time. In Crossreign, it was always a chore to bring up lower level players since it did require a certain amount of time investment. Beat could only hope that their new acquaintance's claims were true and that he and his guild could really take the two of them to new heights.

Lots of promises, let's hope this is legit. 

Beat's eyes wandered back across the room and, when he happened to catch Ariel's gaze, he gave a small smile and returned her wave before refocusing on the conversation at hand. He shook his head as Shield concluded his proposal, seeing no reason why Hikoru would have any issues with it. He looked to the Paladin as he spoke. 

"None. I feel like if you are serious and capable of what you say you are, then this proposal should be no problem. Sorry to be skeptical, but this is our lives on the line."

Edited by Beat

After drinking his iced lemonade, Takeshi stands up and carefully walks towards @Hikoru, noting that he is conversing with other players including a guy named Beat. Both him and Hikoru seems to be talking about agreeing onto something, possibly a proposal of some sort as Beat's answer includes the word. Takeshi remains still as he lets the conversation flow onwards before engaging one with Hikoru. It isn't very long though, and as soon as Takeshi finishes scanning the entire ballroom, Beat had said something about the proposal "not being a problem."

At this point, Takeshi feels like he is open to speak with Hikoru, so he moves past the crowd, muttering a polite 'Excuse me' if someone gets in his way. As he approaches the Paladin, he bows a little to him and speaks out, "My name is Takeshi..are you one of the Paladins of the Ascendants? I wish to be a new member of the holy guild." 

He resists his urge to sweat as he hopes that Hikoru's response would be positive, even if he is declined to join the guild.

Hydra listened to @Damien and casually tilted his head. "We can think of it less as a duel then and more as a sparring session." Perhaps this would appeal more to the player. The adventurer wasn't really the type of person who dove into combat anyway, especially against someone who was much lower leveled "I don't judge character based on someone's level," Hydra said laughing lightly, accompanied with a friendly smile "Besides, your probably stronger than me in many other ways. Still I respect your wishes." The young man then bowed his head slightly.

The building was beginning to fill with people and the dancing had already begun, the brunette did see a few of the frontliners join in, which raised his perception slightly. Leaning back against the wall he continued to munch on an apple waiting for Damien's response. In any case it would get to stuffy in here for him before to long and the brunette was curious as to what exactly was in and around this castle, that they had access to. "I wonder what everyone else is doing?" Hydra pondered, he glanced over to where Sey was earlier but by now his snow-haired friend had vanished among the crowds of players. "Hmm..." Hydra mumbled.

Soredell continues to sit at his table in silence, not really bothered to get any food. He wasn't hungry for the food available anyways. Soredell scans the people nearby, all of them are obviously dressed nicely for the occasion. Some people are talking to others at their own tables, or around the tables serving food and drinks to the patrons present, while there are a few eating by themselves. He briefly considered joining them in conversation, but dismissed the thought soon after, concluding that he would just make it uncomfortable for the two. His eye catches the player with the afro leaving the area to go elsewhere. Even though he doesn't know the guy at all, he took his leaving as a silent cue to leave the room himself.

So, Soredell decided to trail him, not in the creepy stalker way, but just general following. One issue arose the second they went into the main foyer. He lost him in the growing sea of players. Having nothing better to do, he began to walk around the area, keeping an ear out for anything suspicious, or anything important other players were saying. Nothing on that first part, but as for the second part, he overheard someone mention the guild name "Celestial Ascendants". 'Whoa, this event even brought out even the big guilds. I wonder if the Knights of the Blood Oath are here as well?' he thought to himself as he continued to wander around.

As he looked around and walked, he almost didn't see the people he was about to run into. Too late, as Soredell's foot caught on something, causing Soredell to lose balance, nearly crashing into @Damien and @Hydra "Oh s**t! Sorry, didn't mean to do that. Just tripped on something. Are you both alright?" he says, getting up properly and looking at the two he nearly crashed into. His eye is immediately drawn to the orange crystal hovering above one of the players, and his blood runs cold, his heart seems to stop beating, and beat faster at the same time, at least to him. "Oh, I am so, so sorry about that." he mutters just loud enough for them to hear. He soon finds that his hand has subconsciously moved to the handle of his katana at his side, before moving his hand back to a more neutral position. Didn't want to make a scene.

"Hmmm, how about we try it out though? I think I have an idea of how it might go." He replied as he would then look up and think a little bit about how he had been taught a little bit of salsa back when he was a kid. It was just for fun at the time, though it felt weird since it was not in his culture. And something told him that there was not going to be any salsa dancing. As for @Hidden, he was not sure if she would even like that. Perhaps he should have asked for her preferred style of music and dancing before trying this, at least to get in a lesson or two for the dance. Oh well, it was not the end of the world. Placing his available hand in his pocket, he would await an answer from his partner. Has she ever gone to a dance of any sort? To be honest, she did not seem like the type with her behavior, but provided she had the ability to give an effort to it, she could have lured in anyone. Even he has been surprised before.

@Domarus

"You know what? F*ck this sh*t." he thought as he saw @Yua and @Yui enter the building. It seemed like they did not see him from where he was standing but it didn't matter now. "What's the point on whining here outside of the castle. Itzal will see it as soon as I enter so that should be fine." With that he marched up the stairs to the main entrance where the guards were standing. "Good evening, sir. And welcome to the dance of the crossed paths." On of the guards said to the man while the other one looked at him with a risen eyebrow. "It seems like your tie is sitting a little bit loose, sir." the guard with the risen eyebrow said in a somewhat demanding tone. "It's not worth the trouble...." he thought and silently fixed his tie so that the guards would allow him to enter the event. 

Aereth immediately noticed most of the people that were already here. "Seems like I'm one of the last ones to come here." he thought and made his way over to where the alcohol and food was located. "This is going to be a long long night.." Aereth mumbled with a slight sigh...

Hikoru gave a nod as the two boys agreed to give it a shot and meet with the guild, and he chuckled as he re-adjusted his glasses. Two new possible recruits before the night was over. He had done pretty well tonight, and he hoped that they would be trusting of his guild enough to join entirely. He knew that his guild was trustworthy, but these players didn't, and he didn't judge their doubt, as Beat had said it was their life on the line, so there was always a sense of caution with everything that happened.

"Of course, I can set something up if you feel the need. At this moment, I don't remember the questions i'm supposed to ask, but i'm sure @Morgenstern here." He said, giving a nod to the player who had just arrived "Can ask them for you, as I don't have the best memory" He turned to see a young afro'd player ask if he was one of the Paladins, and he gave a nod in responce. He asked to be one of the followers of the "Holy Guild", and he just gave a small chuckle

"While we would love to have you join, We are not anything of that kind of guild." He said with a laugh "It's just a name, saying that we plan to get to higher floors and finally escape this game." He said, hoping what he said makes some sort of sense. He gave a yawn as he noticed Beat looked at someone, and looked over his shoulder to see his ex fiancée, and his eyes went hard as stone, feeling no emotion whatsoever. He gave a small cough and opened his HUD, sending all three of the lower-players a friend request, and gave a nod. "I'm going to be on my way now, gonna look for a higher vantage point to make sure things are set." He said as he pulled up his hood and dissapeared back into the shadows, moving siently around the outside of the building to a new and more secluded location

Hikoru entered Stealth: 22+ to find

@Shield @Beat @Takeshi

Though he is laughed at his silly assumption that the Ascendants are a holy guild, he is quite satisfied that he is welcome to join. Additionally, he receives a friend request from Hikoru himself, there are options to accept or decline his friendship. Without any hesitation, he taps his finger onto the green button, prompting the HUD to display the message 'You are now friends with Hikoru!' 

Now that is done, he moves on to wander around the ballroom, wondering what to do to occupy his time here. He sees a few players dancing together like lovely couples or friends, most of them are trying their best to move in perfect sync and grace. He looks away as he moves on, staring at the tall, big windows to find one of them open.

No one seems to be standing at the balcony outside, and that looks like a good spot to smoke too. Takeshi inhales deeply as he proceeds to the window and steps out to the balcony, catching his sights towards two gargoyles standing guard on the balcony. He gets onto it and leans against one of the beastly sculptures while slouching comfortably, taking out a cigarette. After lighting it up as usual, he puts it between his lips and lets it be at this point, blowing out a large and thick smoke at the opposite direction. He makes sure he doesn't blow towards the window or the smell would infiltrate the ball's grand atmosphere.

Damien laughed a bit when @Hydra proclaimed that maybe Damien was stronger than him in other ways, rather than just level and strength in the game. I doubt it. "I don't know, to be honest. I don't know who the majority of the people here are." Before Damien could keep on talking, though, he was interrupted by @Soredell who  ended up tripping and falling into him and Hydra. Laughing a bit in a jokingly manner, Damien responded "Yah I'm fine. Are you alright?" Damien held out his hand as a greeting to the player. "My name is Damien, and you are?" Damien was very surprised he had not said something awkward yet, due to his usually odd self. Looking around, Damien saw the large array of players in the food area and in the ballroom having a nice time. Players of all sorts - strong players, weak players, front-liners - danced away together as if the level differences/gap were nothing to be made a big deal about. That was one of the things Damien enjoyed about events like this, was the diversity of the players who came. 

Khrysaor had been walking around on the first enjoying a casual day, when suddenly he got a message informing him of a formal party that was going to take place on the fourth floor. Interested in it, he thought, "Sounds like it could be fun, but why do we have to wear formal clothes." He did not like wearing a suit or anything fancy but it was a requirement, so he quickly headed off to the tailors where he got himself made a nice blue suit...

A few hours later he was all suited up and ready to go on a different type of an adventure. He walked out of the store thanking the tailor and headed off in the direction of the teleportation gates. He looked at the time, and was startled by how late it was. He knew he would be arriving to the party a bit late, but what could he do, the suit had taken longer than expected to be made. He started to travel at a much faster speed and when he reached the gate, he stated, "Teleport-Floor 4", and off he went in a swirl of bluish white light.

Only to reappear on the fourth floor. He walked for another few minutes before he could hear loud noises in the distance. Khrysaor assumed the party was well on its way. He nodded to the guards at the front gates and went inside only to be awed at the majestic venue hall for the party.

With a tap of Shield's finger, he accepted the friend request. He turned his shoulders, keeping @Beat and @Morgenstern in his visual range, but not before catching the cold look that Hikoru had shot past him. Now that the conversation was at a momentary lull, he took a moment to follow the direction of where his gaze had been focused. Out of the corner of his eyes, he just managed to catch a very familiar flash of blonde. He made eye contact with Beat before flicking his eyes in Ariel's direction and back again, giving his travel companion a very significant look.

Did you notice that look?

He thought as loudly as he could, hoping his easily distracted companion would pick up on the body language.

I suppose Horace might help him out, if nothing else.

It was a relief to have already made progress towards his ends before the festivities had even progressed much. It was only as he marveled this thought to himself that he realized that, in the course of introductions and distractions, Hikoru had not fully answered Jonathan's question.

I wonder if this is just a common theme, where us tanks are constantly having to keep their DPS counterparts focused and accountable.

He resisted the urge to sigh aloud.

"To answer your inquiry directly, we were discussing the possibility of joining," he said, addressing the remaining paladin. "I am assuming then, from the other paladin's brief mention of his relation to Beat should we join, that I would be under your authority. Whatever questions you have for us, I'm listening."

Takeshi stares at the bustling city lights as the winter breeze becomes a little chillier than before. He puffs out another smoke as he could hear the noises of both the party and the cheering citizens, all of them are having such a grand time in a way that there must be some sort of celebration in the fourth floor. Oh right...Valentine's. 

He looks upwards as he stares at the stars, trying his best to find the constellation Leo even though he isn't sure if the familiar constellations exist in Aincrad's outer space. The moon shines brightly as its ray of light is directed towards Takeshi like a hero, prompting him to feel a sense of peacefulness and isolation. He plans to go back inside once the cigarette's done, hopefully there is someone he can talk to.

It is after another puff of smoke that he notices Teion, the owner of 'Forged By The Sun,' a blacksmith shop that he frequently visits for new equipment. Seeing her reminds himself of a new shield he recently purchased, it is notable for its mostly golden surface and a large shape or figure that supposedly resembles the sun itself. He would be trying to use that for his next adventure.

Soon he feels a bit of snowflakes falling here and there. This still doesn't deter him from smoking though, as he isn't worried about the narcotic being extinguished by the winter. He looks up once more as he keeps finding Leo.

As Hydra listened to @Damien mention that he knew few of the player's here, the spearman couldn't help but relate. In truth, a few he knew from having ventured with, others he had fought with, yet he couldn't name majority of the players in the room. Just as Hydra was about to respond he caught site of a familiar face coming through the entrance, his friend @Khrysaor. Strangely in that moment of distraction, a nearby player nearly crashed into Hydra and Damien. Sending the spearman into a brief state of confusement. After gathering his thoughts, Hydra's initial reaction was to apologize to the player despite the fact he had been stood to one side. Something seemed a little off though. Hydra stood there a moment, the sentence stuck in his throat, the sound of loud music playing also seemed to drain from the atmosphere as his eyes met the strangers. "Is my mind playing tricks on me, or..." Hydra couldn't sense anything other than hatred, it only lasted a second. The sound of music quickly surrounded him once more, and the lighting returned to normal. "Please forgive me." The spearman's friendly nature quickly returned, he bowed his head to @Soredell and smiled lightly. "My name is Hydra, it's a fine night is it not?" He continued following Damien's own introduction to the player.

Hidden stood, holding the hand of Sey. She was staring at Domarus who offered to teach them how to dance. The girl shook her head and forced her voice to change a little, masking the true sound of her real voice. She was good at it... somewhat. "I said, I have never danced. I know how to. One step and Two step are quite easy." She went completely silent, her heart racing a bit. Hopefully the man had not noticed anything, but if so he would have to find out later. Probably not at the dance though. She looked up at Sey before tugging him along with her. She noticed a few of the violinists and other performers were grabbing their instruments, giving the impression that they were getting ready to play some music. 'If he does not know how to dance, then I can teach him.' She smiled and placed her hands on his shoulders. Domarus should have been out of earshot now so she quietly whispered "If you don't know, I can help you so you do not look like an absolute fool. Just... follow my lead Casper" She remained silent after that, readying herself for the music to start. 

@Domarus @Sey

Itzal was going to say something else when he got a message from Aereth.  He read it and was surprised to see that he wanted to meet him outside the gates.  He wasn't sure about leaving Kasier, in fact he was against it.  He was about to ask her when he saw Aereth walk in.  He wondered what it was he wanted to talk abou- oh...  He saw the orange cursor.  Knowing Kasier he should probably get the answer himself before she asked.  He turned to her.  "Kasier I'll be just a moment k?  I'll meet you over at the tables."  After getting her confirmation he made his way over to Aereth and saw that he made his way over to Yua and Yui, whom he hadn't seen for quite some time.  When he reached Aereth he smiled to his friend.  "Somehow I have a feeling you got that color through honorable means rather than just plain killing somebody.  I trust you.  However for your sake I'll need the story so that Kasier doesn't lecture you," he finished with a grin.  He turned to Yua and Yui with a slight bow.  "Nice to see you two again.  You both look lovely."  It was a compliment and nothing more.  He did have a girlfriend after all.

@Kasier @Aereth @Yua @Yui

“Wouldn’t be a surprise” Macradon said with a smile on his face as he replied to @Itzal. It’s good to see people coming in pairs, and some just coincidentally meeting at the party. It was nice seeing everyone, some that he have met before and haven't seen in a while, or people he usually see in other relations. “I’ve been ok, been relaxing for the most part, but I’ve been questing a bit to keep my leveling steady and not stagnant” he said. He knew he had to do more to get up the levels, he was just level 59 at the moment, but he could easily fly up the levels if he dedicated himself in quests again.

Back to @Morgenstern again, Macradon would nod “Very well” he replied to him. It was good that @Rin was being social, at least more social than when Macradon had just met her some time ago. It was good to see that she was capable of invoking enough courage to come to big social gatherings like this, a very good step towards a bright future. It didn’t seem like Rin was having the best time of her life, so Macradon would part ways once again. “It was good seeing you all, I think I’ll roam the room and mingle a bit. Have a nice one!” he said, waved and wink at the four.

It didn’t seem like anymore people were present he needed to talk to, so he would just station himself at the snack table, taking a few snacks while sitting down on the big stairs. He could get a good view from there, so whenever someone of importance would arrive, he would know. Prince Gloom had found some company to be with him. Macradon chuckled “Even the Edgy Gloomer can find company, and I’m sitting here on the stairs alone, oh well” he thought for himself as he would lean back onto the stairs, laying ‘down’, staring at the chandeliers in the ceiling.

Finishing his cigarette, Takeshi extinguishes it onto a small patch of snow that happens to be on the balcony, and goes back inside to throw it into the bin. The music is about to start as he finds an empty seat that faces the window and of course, the majority of the attendants. As he crosses his legs on the chair, he notices a hooded female player seemingly to teach her friend on the maneuvers of a ball dance. Many more are conversing, but what's disturbing to him is that some of them are marked orange, and he doesn't understand why the guards would let these people in. 

Hell, he can even imagine the orange players to suddenly go berserk while attempting to break the 'no-kill' rule. He hopes deeply that their weapons are at least confiscated or rebated enough to not cause a mortal injury against an innocent upon impact. He takes some sweets and eats them as the music suddenly starts to sound like Beethoven's 9th Symphony, Op.125 to his ears. Damn..if only he doesn't constantly think of the good ol ultraviolence thanks to the music.

Edited by Takeshi

Khrysaor looked around the hall for a few minutes taking in all the sites. It was a large hall with few staircases going to higher floors with chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. He could also see angel statues against the walls of the venue. While, he stared at the different direction he thought he saw a glimpse of @Hydra out of the corner of his eye in the distance, but when he looked completely in the direction he could not see him and thought while rubbing his head slightly, he was thinking, 'My mistake, I must be seeing things.'

Taking his mind off of Hydra for the moment, since he did not feel like searching through the large crowd for his friend just yet, if that was truly what he saw. He looked at all the other participants and saw few face he recognized but the instant he saw his guild mate and partner, he headed in the direction of @Morgenstern and called out saying, "Hi, its been a while, Jonathan. How have you been, buddy? You look quite dashing in your suit." He started to look around at all the other players situated in the hall, hoping to spot some more friends, while he waited for Jonathan's reply.