[EV-22] Tanabata Celebration!

"So the magpie fetches something from wherever and hands it to you... That's... sweet, I guess.", he thought while Shay explained, eventually arriving at the tent. He nodded to the woman that seemed to be in charge, watching Shay's taming go smoothly as ever. She got what looked like a damage potion, although it was still in the first tier... "I mean... More damage never hurts, heh...", he said somewhat discouraged, hoping that since he was in the second tier, even if just barely, the items would scale to his own level.

Chase entered further into the tent and looked through every single cage, finding a magpie with what looked like slightly ruffled feathers. It looked less pretty and slim than the rest, but he didn't mind. It felt more... homey, to him, in a weird sense. He picked it and grinned back at the rogue, feeling his childish side take over. With a chirp, it flew away and he crossed his arms, waiting for it to return. When it did, he grinned, seeing something in its mouth but unable to make it out too well. It landed back on the edge of its cage, dropping it in the bluehead's hands. 

He silently moved his index finger to open up the info of it, only to see that he'd gotten a unique salve with a freeze effect, whatever that meant. He'd never touched any alchemist's creations, let alone salves. And one with a unique effect must have meant... either event exclusive, or those very rare identifications from farming monsters. He grinned and stashed it into his inventory, slowly and carefully running a finger over the magpie's head as if to pet it before waving it goodbye and walking back over to his companion. "I got a freeze item for my weapon! I can be like Blizz now, heh~."

image.png.ac414ebe9f307c3781590218257e7e86.png

[Acquired 'Cold Shoulder' (T1 Unique Salve | FREEZE I).]

Edited by ChaseR
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wandering up behind the players that gathered around the towering pillars of wood, easily dwarfing the tiny girl that was much older than she appeared. On the tips of her toes she manages to grab a branch and pull it down toward her, it bends rather taught in her grasp. She begins to tie her tanzaku to it rather tightly, she'd not wish the wishes to come loose. After all, she worked quite hard on them and wanted them to come true. Releasing the limb as the last is added, it snaps upwards and smacks some other players' butt rather aggressively who jerks. The dude turns and yelps, paying Shiina a glare. "Whoops, my bad dawg." she'd look at the dude before quickly sliding behind someone else. It was an accident but she couldn't help but giggle before rushing away, the dude rubbed his buttcheek rather aggressively still angry at the songstress.

[Shiina hangs Tanzaku]

She'd been wondering for quite sometime when a woman with black hair catches her eye. "What are you peddling." Setsuna asks in a chilled word, looking up to swaying cages with numerous birds. "Taming Magpies, its a typical festival addition. Wanna give it a shot?" Setsuna silently nods as the young musician bats a burning red eye "Then pick one out, see if you can convince the dumb things to do anything at all." 

She seemed irritated, as if she had somewhere else she'd rather be. The girl in silver hair, began to peruse the cages. A bird with feathers in white, one that she'd expect to see on floor 4. She'd unhook the door to the sounds of scraping metal, and offer it a finger. At first, it leaps away from her grasp before it seems to understand and perch upon her index. The fragments of a smile, one that did not show lightly take the corner of her mouth. Time seems to distort and she loses herself in the task, muttering softly to the bird until she feels it was time.

A force of her hand casts it like a bullet into an enclosure, and for her efforts, a song in a crystal of gold was her reward.

ID# 166392 results: Craft: 1
ID# 166393 results: Craft: 8
ID# 166394 results: Craft: 12, 21 final value: The Rising Sun obtained (Mass Heal Crystal)

Edited by Setsuna

Kasumi makes note of Setsuna finding the stall herself, but waits patiently to allow the girl to enjoy it. She seemed to be having fun, and the orange haired girl would not wish to sully that should she approach. After her guildmate makes herself scarce with a golden crystal in her hands, having not noticed the crashing wave she moves to the NPC. "I would like to try as well~" Kasumi remarks with a smile. Like an unenthused teenager, the girl waves a hand, "What are you bothering me for? pick one out and do it already." 

Finding a rather tiny bird in browned albeit plain coating, Kasumi pulls out somewhat appears to be grain. It seemed that she may have fed animals like this on her own outside the event which may have surprised some. It dances happily with a whistle, sensing the girl meant it no harm. She'd work with it, offering it rewards to every success. Returned to its cage, the reward it brought her was more than the small jar. She had fun and the little thing hopefully did as well.

ID# 166395 results: Craft: 12
ID# 166396 results: Craft: 9
ID# 166397 results: Craft: 2, Final Total: 23 Weather the Storm (Unique/Paralytic Immunity)

Edited by Kasumi

Eruda looks to the sky just in time to see not one but 2 birds moments apart fly toward one of the booths with something in there grasp. Turning to the group, her father, sister, and Sam she says "Let's go try whatever that was," looking back to the sky with no other birds remaining there she turns back saying "Follow me..." not really wanting to make a fool of her words if she was actually just seeing things in the sky. As she walks with Raserei at her feet toward where she saw the flighting birds, she hears chirping and sighs in relief as she wasn't crazy. Seeing Kasumi she smiles and turns to NPC. "OVER THERE" the girl yells and points obviously irritated now...  Without words, she quickly reads a pamphlet on this small booth with a nod knowing that she wasn't getting anything out of the NPC anytime soon.

She takes one of the tiny fragile Magpie out of its cage as she starts to mutter tiny words at the bird. Raserei jumps onto Eruda leg with her two front paws causing the Magpie to fly away before Eruda was ready as a fright to flight way. A few minutes later the bird flies back with one of the Golden crystals she saw before with one of the other birds she saw earlier. "Come and try you guys," saying as she notions the group this was with a small giggle.

ID# 166398 results: Craft: 6
ID# 166399 results: Craft: 5
ID# 166400 results: Craft: 10, Final Total: 21, The Rising Sun Obtained T1 Perfect Crystal | MASS HP RECOVERY

Edited by Eruda

Griswold for one of the only times in his life was nervous, here he was a rather large statue of a man. Inside the cages were birds so tiny and fragile that were hardly larger than his thumb. "I am not so sure about this." Griswold responds, whistling, and causing the bird to perk up. He'd offer it a hand, and after some effort, he manages to get it to act on his command. He receives a reward, which he wasn't expecting to get anything back. "I suppose I did it eh?" the smith responds toward his girls, rather convinced he was going to squish the poor thing the entire time he was training it. The reward was nothing special, but in hindsight, he was rather pleased. At least he didn't need to bury a tiny animal and horrify his daughters, which was what he was going to happen at first glance.

ID# 166401 results: Craft: 4
ID# 166402 results: Craft: 6
ID# 166403 results: Craft: 4, Final Total: 14 Bird Seed x5 (Vitality 2/T2)

Edited by Griswold

"Well, would you look at the cute little things," Freya walks to the cages and hears Griswold. "Let's see what I can get, from these cute little birdies." Freya takes one from the cage and smiles with a small cooing whistle toward it. It tweets back at Freya and she giggles a little before petting its tiny framed back with one finger. Freya takes a moment to give the little thing effection. Without saying any words the Magpie shakes like it was wet and flies off in a direction. "Wait I didn't..." Freya says as she puckers her lips out a bit. "Well then I am sure that I am getting nothing from this," she says as she starts to laugh. A few minutes later she feels something land on her head as a chirp comes from above her. Freya holds her hands out and it drops a small bag of seeds in her hands. The bird flies back into its cage and just sits there. Freya just starts laughing again as she closes the small door to the cage.

ID# 166404 results: Craft: 3
ID# 166405 results: Craft: 5
ID# 166406 results: Craft: 6, Final Total: 14 Bird Seed x5 (Vitality 2/T1)

Edited by Freya

Sam hears Gaius's words before he walks off. Eruda, Griswold, and Freya with a glare toward her walks to the tree and place their wishes upon the tree. Eruda then Griswold right after invites her to join the group again. Not sure how Freya would act toward her with the words said earlier she nods and gets to her feet. Following the group and watching them all try to get the birds to do something other than just sit there, Sam couldn't help but chuckle at the attempts. Griswold and him trying not to squish the poor thing and Freya with the bird landing on her head and then caging itself. Sam decides to give it a try, walking to one of the cages and lightly as she gives a few words of trying toward the small thing. It flies away in the distance moments later and it really doesn't take long for it to travel back with something interesting. Sam puts her hands out and as it flies by it drops the vile in her hands and caged itself as Freya's did.  Looking to the other three with a smile she says "What next?"

ID# 166407 results: Craft: 3
ID# 166408 results: Craft: 12
ID# 166409 results: Craft: 7, Final Total: 22, Blood of the Offensive x1 Tier 1 Perfect Potion | DAMAGE III

Edited by Sam

Odd was the grin that played on the boy in red's face. Most people would return her annoyance in kind, but not Raidou. He was most definitely a different breed of human. Her face turned back to face him though, as he mentioned he'd continue to support her. 'So does that mean he does care?' she questioned herself. Her violet eyes remained trained on his face waiting for it to betray something that wasn't coming from his voice. However, nothing would come. 

Satisfied, she crossed her arms and sighed. "I know Mari and Yuki are good people. Though, I'm scared Mari is going to go to the same endless bounds and get herself in trouble by helping me. You and Sey are the same way, imprudently sacrificing yourself for someone elses sake. I've never understood you 'hero' types." To her, the most important thing to protect was your own life. That was to be regarded higher than anything and anyone else. Perhaps that was why the 'vanish' skill suited her so well. It was an escape to everything should she need it. She'd abandon a dangerous situation if needed. 

"Yuki just... has too much energy. Bouncing around like a ball that's now covered in armor so it can't pop." 

As Raidou finished speaking, one of her eyebrows would raise in a questioning manner. "Wish I wouldn't get so angry? I'm sorry that you are unbelievably talented at pissing me off.... though at least I can stand you these days. Better than a lot of other players."

Hidden looked back, making sure Ayame was still around and not wandering off and tormenting the players of Aincrad. She still seemed to be messing around at the bird exhibit. "I suppose everything is going to start winding down soon... and I must admit that seeing you not appearing ready to fight was a nice change. Even if the world might not see it again for a while." Her gaze dropped from the sky as the shower end, falling down to the lake where she could see the lanterns. Appeared there was a few people that were out on the lake. 'Wonder if anyone is down there making it work like 'Tangled' did.' 

Adorned an attire that played upon her memory but alas it eluded her still as to why or how a flowing sea of white she had become pastel. Like a blank canvas, she'd have white on white and with it an aura of vacancy. Soft steps and the tapping of heels, she'd look on to her surroundings without a primary road to travel. The paperwhite frame disappears into a building that seems to call to her, moments later she is liberated.

To young fire blood, a penner of fates for those that wished to come along. "If you would be so kind..." She turns a palm over, extending an almost colorless hand to the NPC. Dropping a stack of the contracts into her hands, a quill of plastic. "Thank you, my dear may fortune smile upon you." Lest she begets more distraction, the woman outside herself from her surroundings move outside the works.

Tanzaku obtained

Raidou would get hung on one of the words she had spoken: hero 

"I am no hero, at best I am not a villain. I can be short or brash, demanding, and condemning. It appears that your perspective of me maybe skewed." he'd reach for glasses that were not upon his brow, a habit that made him comfortable and mentally it rings right... 

Almost critically the girl enters a form of confusion as if what Raidou had said was so strange. "I suppose that is true isn't it. This was the first time it was intentional, however. Things seem to be trickling off yes, and it's for the best. I could not feel more uncomfortable here, disarmed." he was answering honestly, without much forethought into his words before they were loosed. Perhaps due to the affair or the lake itself, he was letting more than he'd wish to bleed through.

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Item Name: Starry Konpeito
Quantity: 19
Evaluation Link: Evals

Item Name: Gold Stars
Quantity:  10
Thread Link: Galaxy Destroyer

Building the Milky Way Rail. Oscar was kicking himself for not helping out sooner. He hoped that his meager offering would be sufficient. The problem was, where was he supposed to put it? Also, what exactly was a "Konpeito?" Questions to be answered later, probably. Probably not. Without any idea of what he was supposed to be doing, he just followed the crowd dumping crafts and stars on a decidedly-overwhelmed NPC. There was a rough line formed and Oscar patiently waited his turn. Wasn't like he had anything else better to do. Well, he did. There was that whole "NPC murder" thing he was supposed to be dealing with. Once his turn came up, he dumped his items into a box and made a hasty retreat. Of the two problems on his docket, one was rather urgent. That, of course, being figuring out just what the actual fuck a "Konpeito" was. He was sure the other issue could wait until he was done with that.

An Everbright moon in silvery blue loomed overhead, amongst its glow a trail of sharply drawn lines in white. Across a blackened blanket of absence, carving their own place upon the sky. With them a woman that seemed staggered and peeled from the world around her, as if placed there and belonged. Away from the rabble and rustle of a crowd, where nothing more than a whisper could be heard clearly.

A drawn pen upon parchment of ivory, etching a fleeting feeling to them as if she understands. What comes naturally without pause or remorse in what is written, transposed, and transcribed folded and turned. With them cut upon her desires, like an oracle of what was to come she'd stare to the galaxy above. "What picture would you paint for me today?" The scattering of drawn bolts, a shift of the infinite in migration to a new alignment. What a beautiful but morose form of play.

What would you wish for the rest of your stay in Aincrad?

For those to oppose travel to feel the swift guidance of fate to an early tomb the lines cascade from the write in her hand, from the silver that was her thoughts to the black upon the page. An honest and undeniable truth, all should be so fitted and would feel the same. Did this make her different from those around her? A ring in her heart told her no, and with it a sense of kinship that she was unfamiliar. She knew not how they felt, but even still something so simple should be shared by all. Each and every soul linked through the same phrase.

What would you wish for the better of people around you?

Waste not fortune, for it becomes you should you embrace its grasp. Simplistic and palatable, flowed easily as the first probe into what lay dormant behind the eyes of blue. Fortune came to those who chose to seek it out, not those that sheltered themselves from the possibility for what it may bring with it. Embracing that right and claiming that crown through a shatter of shackles upon one's wrists, a fitting call to movement should one find inspiration through the glyph drafted for eternity to be hung upon a spire of age. The gentle turn of a page beckons another answer, one that would be provided all the same.

What would you wish for someone you care about?

Should you wish it, then so it shall be. Fret not on if it's grantable if you should be dissuaded from carving your own path. This curious little question, it seemed damned to repeat itself. Even still, she cared for all the bright young faces about the same weight. Without cadence or creed, they held the same gravity all the same. A repeated inquiry brought a similar answer, only to those that would wish to fly close to the sun should it's glory be within their clutches. A lesson here being that if you seek that which dwarfs your stature in such an immense way, take heed and care that you wings not be made of wax. Else you plummet to your grave before you seize what you wish to earn.

What would you wish for someone you would like to know better?

Hearty strides toward the path drawn upon history, it will come to an end should you continue to press on. No interest in the happenings of those fortunate enough to share a word, perhaps the meaning was less defined by an understanding of one's past. This tanzaku must have had meant something more substantial than what it had eluded to, yes. Another finality as a justification, one of longing to attain the ideal self would only be met with turmoil. But it was through this turbulence that a difference is made, the courage to strive forward instead of cowardice leading one back. She'd write her interpretation, unsure if the paper had been wiser than first perceptions would allow visible.

What would you wish for yourself?

A question directed entirely to the self? My sweet troublemaker you be, taken for a fool but alas it was holding a fist. Fleeting fondness, should you go so soon? A hearth and a home provided, may you stay a while longer? She'd write with a twist of a hand, an answer carved within the leather of brush. It was cut with one swaying hand, the ink etched permanently upon the page. It was her truest hope, that a fading world did not leave her clutches for she may grasp at the strings of a fraying weave. If she could anchor just one thread, keeping it close that it had not taken flight It would be more than enough.

Wishes Made

Edited by Nisahime

It'd taken them a while, but NIGHT would return to the faire alone, pacing up towards a familiar figure. For as much work as the player had been put through the past couple of days, mentally and literally, she'd emerged from her workshop with an enormous collection of paper cranes. For some reason, Bistro seemed amused by this as the broker looked over her collection when the artisan spawned it in, to the chorus of a lot of excited kids swarming the plastic bag.

"It's almost like you're Santa," the alchemist chided. "Could've fooled me, you trooper."

Bistro elbowed her companion's ribs just as NIGHT scoffed at her words. "Santa, in this outfit? Please tell me you're joking."

"But look at how happy it'd made the boys!" A grand wave over towards the gaggle of children, starting to roll away the lot of origami with a smile. NIGHT folded her arms as she watched them, uncertain of how they would be used to benefit their little toy rail.

[Delivering items to the Milky Way Rail: Paper Cranes (209), Gold Stars (616).]

Spoiler

Item Name: Paper Cranes
Quantity: 209
Evaluation Link: [1] (98) | [2] (34) | [3] (15) | [4] (62)

Quantity: 616
Evaluation Link: [link]

Wandering about with Boris in his hands, Gaius stumbles upon a group of kids hard at work with a rather strange contraption. "Hey, the hell is this?" Gaius would stop one with a hand upon its shoulder and is paid a huge grin "We are working on a project for our friend -- if you happen to know where to find some or want to pitch in on the effort, we’d certainly appreciate your help!" It responds without a care to being jerked around. "Well hell count me in. What we doing?" Gaius's comments for this kid struck him as the sort unfazed by falsehoods which was a refreshing change of pace. "Honest? That's awesome! We can use a hand with some tracks and making some food for the trip." 

Gaius smiles and gestures toward his face with a thumb "You're in luck kid, I am the best chef in Aincrad. I am about to blow your little a** away." taking toward their little booth littered with fliers. He'd pull out a white apron and take to their station, tying back his hair and using the basic cookware to work his magic. After a few hours to show is a king's sum of a meal, leaving Gaius wiping some sweat from his forehead. "That it?" Gaius shouts at one of them, getting a response back with the same gusto "Yeah It will surely fly now! Thanks Guy!"

Placing a hand on the kid's head and tussling his head hard enough to shove him slightly, causing the dirty mop of orange hair to scatter in all directions "I bet it will, keep at it as that won't build itself. Got it memorized?" he'd tap his brow with an index finger and make his way free of them to their devices, quite happier than when he arrived.

Item Name: Starry Konpeito
Quantity: 135
Evaluation Link: Here

"There," he'd announced, pulling the coloured pencils away from his paper, an artist holding up a colorful work of art. Not that his handwriting was anything pretty to look at, of course; the scrawlings were too big for the paper, for one, and the glyphs were in a language that most players in Aincrad probably weren't used to. Still, each tanzaku he'd written out had been heartfelt, and to that the boy hoped his wishes would resonate with the people around him.

He just hoped they weren't too personal to relate to.

The experience had been invigorating, the activity to clear his head. As he rose from his spot, picking up his things, Basuke jogged over to the bamboo forest, tags and their strings ready in his hands to be hung. A smile graced the boy's face as he looped them each around a branch, and a surge of pride accompanied it as it welled through the boy's chest, looking over his row of work. Now he had to return the left over crafting materials, and all would be well in the world.

[Basuke hangs his Tanzaku.]

"So? What about your share; I'm assuming you'd pitched in your own?" The woman shot a glare over to the broker, who waved it off in response.

"I've handed it into them already. Couldn't keep the children waiting, could I?" Bistro's smile was self-assured as usual, the informant nodding over towards the table set in the middle of the square. What was gathered at their base of operations were slowly being assembled, the main frame of their craft already laid out alongside a number of tracks, stars and -- wait was that a pile of ash?

NIGHT blinked, confused, before glancing over to her alchemist friend. "They're not planning to play with fire, are they?"

"No,'' she replied. "But they are planning to make the railway fly."

It was in stunned silence that the dark-garbed player looked on, watching the boys start to unpack and distribute the paper cranes around the group. They were slowly integrated into the static display for the time being, Bistro listening to their cheery cries with a light smile.

Then, with absolute sincerity, NIGHT cut into their quiet.

"My head hurts."

[Delivering items to the Milky Way Rail: Gravity Dust (137).]

Spoiler

Item Name: Gravity Dust
Quantity: 137
Evaluation Link: [1] (46) | [2] (47) | [3] (44) 

I wandered the rest of the festival and eventually happened upon something that looked like a rock garden, but the area was much less spiritual. Instead of the delicately curated, raked lines that I often saw, various footsteps disturbed the gravel astrewn about. The NPC there offered me a try at the activity, asking me to get a magpie to return a gift. As I reached into the cage, a thought happened upon me. Either Cardinal was smart enough to program in purposefully choosing the right magpie, talking to it, and then it finding the proper gift or everything was already randomly generated. In an effort to prove my theory, I kept the cage open as the magpie flew into and out of my hands without a word of exchange. It eventually returned a few moments later and gave me a small jar of ashes. “Guess I’m giving an AI too much credit.”

[Received Burning Determination from Taming of the Magpies Activity]

ID: 166382 | CD: 10
ID: 166383 | CD: 8
ID: 166384 | CD: 9

Total: CD: 27

The night was dragging on, and Elora felt that it would be best to turn in her findings from her brief visit to the Lake of Reflection before she forgot again. She swung by the nearby display comprised of enthusiastic youths to hand off the impressive number of Golden Stars she'd gathered. "Here you go --"

"We've already got all the stars we need, lady", revealed the boy that whom she had earlier met, "I guess we could use a couple more in case anything goes wrong" He snatched the items from her hands and ran off, hollering to another boy who was struggling to keep tally of the vast swathes of items being turned in all at once. What a brat. At least it seems like they're meeting their goals., thought Elora as she noted the kids' broad smiles. She couldn't help but admire, and even be a little bit envious, of their enthusiasm. 

Spoiler

Elora drops off Golden Stars

Quantity: 108
Thread Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/19867-pp-f22-star-spangled-mess/

Edited by Elora

She'd approach a blackened female, drawing comparison to her own specter. "A go for you? One try per person. We’ve got some unique sponsors this year, so..." she'd inquiry as Nissa was locked to one of the cages with a locked gaze. "Yes, I think I shall partake." she'd respond, lifting a cage and seeking a rather large bird. "That is a raven, not a magpie. They are much more difficult to..." the girl lifts a finger into the cage, first the bird snaps drawing a red line upon her finger. She'd pivot her hand, and to the NPC's surprise, the thing perches upon her hand.

She'd lead the woman to the habitation no differently than she chose a more stable bird. Glancing the thing with an open finger upon her grasp that lines through the blackened feathers, plucking one with ease and spinning it between her index and thumb. "Anything you fancy" she'd respond looking deeply into the quill she had, seeming aloof to the NPC"They just don't work like that you've got to train it."

A beaded black lense looks to her and into the enclosure, picking something at random with no real direction. A small bundled object upon a string dangled at his beak. "Thank you in kind, your purpose served." taking it in hand and lifting it back to its cage, to the utter stupidity the NPC was now filled.

ID# 166616 results: Craft: 9
ID# 166617 results: Craft: 6
ID# 166618 results: Craft: 6, 21= Nebulae Yokan Block (PROS III/Tierless)

Edited by Nisahime