[BR-F26] Paving the Way to Floor 27 [Gabrandr-The Broken King]

Eruda steps forward next to Raidou. Shield raised and sword to her side. "You have also wasted our time. This entire debacle you could have been leading us to this King that you speak of, to destroy the real problem and grand all of us," at this time she looks to Firm Anima and then everyone else in the room, "Peace, including your mind and your companions. You chose your path, for that you will not be allowed to leave this room." Looking back, she finds Firm Anima walking to shadow behind her and Raidou, weapon at the ready for when the word was given. Today would be the end of this monster, all he had to do was speak first. He chose revenge over all things though. That was a very wrong choice on his part. Flames began to raise beneath her feet, that same flame that @Gabrandr had but lighter and much hotter. She was ready for anything that would happen from this point forward.

@Freyd @Freya @Sam @Shiina @Simmone

-Kill-

Edited by Eruda
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The room was small and dimly lit as only a handful of torches lined the walls in the area that rested in front of the Boss room's door. A pungent odor filled the air, the same that had filled the long

General Notes: Please ensure that the following are included in your stats: - Shifts (or note as ‘none’ if you don’t have one) - Combat masteries  - Source IDs for all consumables* (ID roll

Posted Images

Shiina teeters back and forth as the conflict seems to draw to a close, noticing her 'trusty' metal steed had died and was nothing more than a giant weird sculpture. "Lame." The girl exhumes as she slides off and clatters to the floor, rattling like a shelf full of pots and pans out of a cupboard. Picking herself up after a struggled girly push up and a grunt, she dusts off her legs and BATTLE SKIRT before glancing at the big ol' discussion breaking loose in the center of the fray.

The girl shrugs, chuckling as she shoves her hand out in front of her sideways. An extended thumb showing her indifference. In the back of her head, the girl starts to hear thoughts playing back behind her eyes.

"He must die."

"The man is broken, he is of no use."

"I must be made whole."

Sticking out her tongue, and twisting that clenched fist into an upside down thumb, her choice was made. After all, he did yeet her. A harsh raspberry to show her disdain.

<< Kill >>

(OOC: Ignore this if you wish, this is an alt and I understand if her vote doesn't count)

Dragging her scythe behind her as sparks spring in every direction. She could feel Freyd's presents, beside her as she walks forward. Black mist begins to leak from her form as she concentrates on the only this that meant her team harm in this chamber. "Your words mean nothing without proof," twisting that large weapon of hers, catching the middle of her hilt with the other hand. "You have given us no such thing." Stopping her trail to stand right behind her sister, Speaking over her shoulder toward the broken man now seeming to be pleading and very forthcoming knowing damn well that he was at his end. 

"You could have had a friendly conversation before all this damage was brought upon you, but you decided to move your pawn first. Bad move bro," saying as she waits for the others to collect around them as a whole. A demented chuckle escapes as a grin forms on her face starting this man down.

@Freyd

-Kill-

Edited by Freya

"Activated what exactly?" Simmone remarked curiously, her eyes advancing up toward where @Gabrandr's eyes were trailing and finding nothing more than a ceiling. That rapier's energy fizzles out, scanning the others in the chamber for some disheartening. Curious if any would see the need to trust this blubbering buffoon looking to shift the blame away from himself onto some other unseen opponent and play the victim. "I'll bite, fine, we will protect this 'people' of yours, after all it shouldn't be too awfully difficult given how easily we dismantled such a carefully built plan." That tone still had a noticeable bite to it, something was still making her spiteful. "But as I said before, dear. To bargain, you need something to offer, and the way I see it. Your life isn't quite yours left to give now is it?" As she looked to the child that was tossed earlier in the fight and finding an extended gesture of what should be.

"There you have it. Nothing personal."

A sudden second message comes in without warning, one from a member of the guild she hadn't expected to hear from. "Oh? Interesting." Quickly tapping away at the keys, a pair of NPC twins somewhere were on the move at their mistress's behest. With quite a number of col at their disposal. Such a strange answer to an intriguing problem.

(OOC: Ignore this if you wish, this is an alt and I understand if her vote doesn't count)

<< Kill >>

Edited by Simmone

Sam says nothing as she watches the very tall man in retreat mode. Full on almost pleading to die right there. To Sam, he didn't deserve to live just by those actions that he never once owned up to. Everything that she had said right before this happened, they were all right. He could have had a chat before firing in our direction, but he let that revenge get the best of him. For that alone his companions might suffer. He was not protecting them, he was causing more damage than harm. No harm would have come to him if he just simply was a guide to the real problem, but up until now it was almost like he was protecting that King that he spoke of. Those pleading words meant absolutely no meaning in her eyes as soon as this came into her realization. Walking behind her guild keeping quite still, she readies her weapon. 

-Kill-

Edited by Sam

As the room and the boss seemingly grew still, Calrex remained on guard for a moment. After many battles where a lull in the combat meant another was coming, he didn't want to take any chances. Brief pauses could mean a final wave was coming, much like how the Leviathan unleashed a tidal wave after retreating for some time.

However, as the choice mechanic appeared in front of him, that gave the Ultramarine Knight meaning to brief relax. Closing his eyes for a moment a calming breath escaped his lips, the building energy for his followup Sword Art technique being dispersed. A brief flick changed his grip on the Grand Blade IV into reverse once again. Reaching back to adjust the sheath he guided the sword back into place, stretching his arms and shoulders for a moment, "Well, I guess the Cardinal system is playing back into that moral quandary debacle we had some time back."

It may have been because of his many quests and battles leading to this point, but the bluenette's opinion of the NPCs had become a fairly neutral stance. While he could play along and deliver conversations with them in order to progress quests, deep down he still understood that at their core was a series of binary inputs. Their human-like complexity was produced as a result of the learning AI that SAO was build around, and these were at their base allocated resources for performing a certain job. To a degree, that was what every player in the game had become as well. While their appearances and the like were supposedly one to one with their real life selves, in the end they were still digitized copies.

All of that being said, he gave hesitance to the decision. As he glanced across the field, he saw many players from the other teams with their choices written all over their faces. If Gabrandr was some kind of martyr for his people, he had made a terrible first impression by choosing to attack the frontliners. However, how much of that was also chocked up to him programming. This was, after all, a floor boss raid. Fighting was to some degree inevitable. It reminded him much of what transpired with the Dark Elf Council, ending with sparing a couple of the remaining boss characters. They were still able to progress, which did clue in that the requirement of "killing the boss" specifically was not a hard and fast rule.

His eyes stared at the choice window in front of him for some time before the veteran frontliner gave a small sigh, walking over to the rest of his team, "Here we go again. From what I can tell, a good amount of the other players wish to see blood. However, I have a feeling in my gut that there's more to this whole thing. At the same time, I also want to avoid risking splitting the frontlines after we've finally got some cohesion again."

Giving a small pause, he looked over to @Baldur and @Shield, "I'm gonna defer my decision to the guild leaders on this. Whatever choice you think is best, I'll back you up on it."

The battle came to an almost immediately halt. It was as if the king suddenly gave out. Frowning, he would watch as the King's name would suddenly glitch out again. Not only that, the boss had suddenly taken a shift from almost half of his unique Blue health to a low Red. How had that happened? What did the blue stand for and why had it gone away when Gabrandr gave up? There was something about this boss that was different. 

Listening to his words, the blonde could hardly believe it. Was he just giving it up there? He wanted them to take his torch? Why was he unwilling to fight them? Moving to the front, he would look to Gabrandr as ask the boss directly a question. "Why do you stop fighting? Is it because you won't? Or is it because you can't?

It appeared the entirety of Firm Anima had decided against the boss. Whether that had an influence on his decision or not, he was unsure. Their leader had killed so many. Now he was wanting to pass judgement on a man who simply threatened to? Much less, NPC's as well. Incredulous his audacity was. The others might've just been blind followers. He hadn't the chance to meet many of them. 

"I say we abstain our decision for now. Let him live, take us to the surface. We can see if he lies or not there. We've beaten him here, so if he ends up fighting up there we can put him down. Here, he just seems like someone cornered. He was left with one decision: to fight like a cornered rat." 

Sighing, Jonathan would stand with his katana pointed toward the ground with both hands resting on its hilt. "The Ascendants were taken from me... ripped away in an instant. Most of them are gone now. I did no less than this man before us. I lashed out on the one's who cause it and an innocent got caught up in it. A real person, not an NPC. All I'm saying is that I would give him the same second chance that was offered me. Should he be willing to accept it and Atone as I did." 

Taking his weapon and sheathing it, he would make a few steps towards the room's entrance. "Kill him or spare him, it may not matter. Hirru proved to us three floors back that a Boss can change. Who knows, maybe this one might actually be useful. I want to head up and see the city. If something is going on up there for real, the fight not be in this room anymore."

-Spare-

A break in the fighting. Koga's grip on his katana didn't slack. Not until he looked at the boss. Gabrandr had paused, his arms falling to his sides. Without sound, his armor slowly dissipated, drifting away on unseen currents, revealing the man beneath it all. The King fell to his knees, vacant eyes staring ahead, and Koga knew that the fight was done. He sheathed his weapon, the quiet rasp of steel rubbing against wood following by a soft click.

This didn't feel like a victory.

Although Koga hadn't paid attention to whatever the boss had been saying throughout the fight, he'd heard fragments, enough to put together the pieces of the picture. A desperate regent, desperately trying to protect his people. That was something Koga could relate to. The swordsman drew his lips into a thin line as he slowly joined those who had begun to encircle the defeated boss. Words were exchanged between the boss and the red-clad man. Then a prompt appeared.

Koga stared at the small display, his eyes widening in shock. His head swiveled to look at the rest of his party, for what he wasn't quite sure, but the sounds of others speaking, pressing buttons indicating their choice, he wheeled around again. They were being serious. An entire guild had just condemned a man to death. A man who was only trying to protect his own. Weren't they doing the same thing?

Another glance back at his party, Calrex deferring his choice to his guild leaders. The muscles of Koga's jaw tightened, as he grit his teeth, threatening to crack them.

Well, Koga wasn't a part of any guild. He wasn't beholden to the decisions or opinions of others. Even if he didn't know what @Baldur and @Shield would do, he knew where he stood.

"We can't do this," Koga said, eyes filled with determination as he gazed at the two men, trying to convince them to spare the king. "The threat's been eliminated, there's no reason to put another man to death."