[Event] Holiday Clash

Rebekah had been away for the last bit but she had heard about this snow event. The girl loved the snow and was not going to miss out, and so she approached the sign up sheet. She did not want to miss many events, and this was one that she would have not been happy with herself if she did not show up. After all, it was fun to do something else other than fight, kill bosses all the time, and it was the holidays, time for them to have a break from the front lines. That said, she took a deep breath and signed her name onto the sign up sheet before she forgot.

"Second batch incoming!" Macradon said as he came running towards the elf. "I ..." he panted "... have come ..." and panted once again " ... with more snowflakes ..." he said and was all exhausted, he would be as fast as he could to get the Snowflakes into the event. He would catch his breath and get up standing straight again. "The nice list is going to be victorious!" he said with a proud voice end deposited 17 additional snowflakes onto those 9 he had already given to the elf. He was still unsure which team was winning or how many had been here and given the elf some snowflakes but Macradon would stop here. 28 snow flakes was a good number. The rest of his team had probably given a lot as well, leaving him there with a good confident feeling that his team was winning.

[-17 snowflakes]

Thread

[Thread]

(-14 Snowflakes)

The hunter returns from the hunt on the fourth floor.  A fruitful venture to be sure as he had killed fourteen (14) creatures within that icy cavern.  Approaching the weird elf creature, the hunter would sigh wondering how he had gotten on the "Nice" list.  Though, he had not done anything bad to warrant being on the "Naughty" list, he felt that both were weird for him.

"Mission Complete!  Fourteen monsters slain."

"Please, outstretch your hand!   Palm down, now!"

Doing as the elf said, a number of snowflakes began to fall from the hunter's hand.  One by one the small snowflakes that were not there before collected into the elf's hand, until there were fourteen (14) counted.  It would then put the snowflakes into a box called "Nice" before the hunter could say another word.

"Very good!  Keep up the 'good' work!"

Having had gathered a few snowflakes I came back to the elf to help get the snowflake count up on the Naughty List I walked up to the elf handing over my twelve and said "Hear you are I gathered a bit for the competition make sure to tally these for the Naughty ones." Laughing a little to myself I left the area calling out. "There is more where that came from"  twelve snowflakes seemed to be a good number so it made me feel like I was doing a decent job at gathering them. I liked how simple this event was gather snowflakes and hand them in I couldn't thing of a simpler way to do it. 

thread

Edited by Coddexx

Macradon came running, again, towards the elf. "Third batch incoming!" he said as he came towards the elf's place on. "Here you go" he said as he gave the elf additional snowflakes. He was up to a big tally right now, he knew it. All this work for this event, it was getting him up and pumping. He haven't been in an event for quite a while, so this was quite something. "So, how is the results as of now?" he asked the elf. "9 + 17 + 14 + 18 against 12" the elf said. The one with the many numbers should probably be Macradon's team's side. He was thrilled with joy, his team was this ahead already, so cool.

Depositing 18 Snowflakes
Thread

Macradon came, one again, running to the little elf in the town. "More snowflakes!!!" he said as he arrived. He would smile at the little elf as he handed over the pouch. He would stand there and laugh "The Snow Crusader" he muttered with a giggle. "That sounds like a great title, young man!" the little elf responded. Macradon would turn to the elf "Oh, you heard what I said" he said and looked slightly embarrassed . "Don't be embarrassed! If you keep being a good boy, I'll keep calling you the Snow Crusader!" the elf said. Honored, Macradon thanked and left again to get some more snowflakes.

Dipositing 8 Snowflakes

Thread

Brax strode back into town, having completed several hunting trips out in the wilds.  He did not know what to think, having been put on the 'Naughty' list for this particular contest, but since he did not feel much anyway, he let the matter pass over him like water under a bridge.  Having said that, he knew he must represent himself and his team well, given that he had agreed to participate in the endeavor to begin with.  Striding over to the elf and his boxes, he stated, "I believe this is where we drop our snowflakes off, yes?"  "Indeed, armored warrior, place your snowflakes in the "Naughty" box, you dirty boy!" the elf grinned rather lasciviously'How odd,' thought Brax.  Shrugging the perceived joke aside, Brax deposited his earnings into the container, watching his counter rise significantly.  "OH, MY!" cried the Christmas creature, "78 snowflakes, amazing!  You naughty man, holding out on your team.  Good job, and keep it up!"  "Very well, then, off to hunt some more, farewell strange elf!" Brax said to Jingles, and he promptly left to do just that.

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/10525-sp-f2-a-time-to-train-the-feel-of-a-weapon-complete/?page=2

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/10553-sp-f2-a-time-to-train-just-a-little-more-complete/?page=2

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/10587-a-time-to-train-one-more-step-in-the-right-direction-complete/?page=2

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/10602-sp-f2-a-time-to-hunt-bagging-up-those-wintery-flakes-pt-1/?page=2

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/10617-sp-f2-a-time-to-hunt-bagging-up-those-wintery-flakes-pt-2-complete/?page=2

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/10627-sp-f2-a-time-to-hunt-bagging-up-those-wintery-flakes-pt-3/?page=2

Macradon came again, someone else had just been there, giving some snowflakes to the elf. Macradon was unsure which team the man was on, but nevertheless Macradon came to bring snow flakes. "Who was that?" he asked the elf. "Ahhh, Snow Crusader. It was someone from the naughty list ..." Macradon stay silent and listen "And he had been hoarding a bunch of snowflakes, unlike you who came in waves of snowflakes. He came with a whopping 78 snowflakes for the naughty list" Macradon would look at the elf with awe in his eyes. 78 snowflakes in one batch. He either grinded harder than Macradon or he had just been lucky with his loots. Macradon would just hand over his 20 snow flakes for now and hopefully come back again later with more. "I'll be heading out ..." he said with a slight depressed tone. 78 snowflakes ...

Depositing 20 Snowflakes
Thread

He came back to the elf with more snow flakes. "And I'm back!" he said as he gave the pouch to the little elf. The elf would see that Macradon as well had been out gathering many, many, MANY snowflakes for the good kids. "How did you get that many in such a short time???" he elf shouted out when Macradon gave the elf his pouch. "I found out that if I fight with a certain combat style on the 11th floor, I'm capable of taking many foes down in a short period of time. But don't worry! I only take down the bad guys!" he said with a big smile. With a confident smile Macradon went to gather snowflakes again.

[Depositing 57 Snowflakes]
Thread
Thread

Another trip into the wilds, another bag of flakes to give the strange, very strange, elf residing in town.  Brax strode back up to Jingles and deposited his earnings: "Here you are, another 68 flakes for the 'Naughty' box."  "My, my, perhaps we should call YOU the Snow Crusader, hmmm dirty boy?" said the elf suggestively, shaking his head in Brax's direction.  If the unemotional man could feel dirty from words alone, the elf's tone would set his spine tingling and skin crawling.  Instead, the armored individual just shrugged at the statement, saying "Call me what you will, I care not for titles and glory.  Only the hunt is important, and the rewards that come from victory."  As he walked away and back to the fields, he turned slightly and retorted, "Though if it is titles you wish to bestow, the honorific should be Snow Assassin, given that I seem to be sneaking in and delivering my snowflakes in relative secrecy, and moreover in large bunches.  Farewell, strange creature, and I will see you again soon."

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/10639-sp-f2-a-time-to-hunt-bagging-up-those-wintery-flakes-pt-4-complete/?page=2

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/10657-sp-f2-a-time-to-hunt-bagging-up-those-wintery-flakes-pt-5/?page=2

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/10671-sp-f2-a-time-to-hunt-bagging-up-those-wintery-flakes-pt-6-complete/

Edited by Brax

Macradon came smiling towards the elf. "Ain't no one taking my title!" he said wit ha chuckle. He would take the visor up from his sallet and give the pouch to the elf. "Should be 64 snowflakes" he said confident. "Oh my, you two are really competing against each other aren't you!" the elf said. Macradon would smile and take the visor down from his sallet and go again. "I'll see you soon!" he said to the elf. Where should he farm this time, should it be the 12th floor again or should he go lower for lesser mobs. He didn't really think that the lesser floors were worth anything, so 12th floor it was! "Oh, I nearly forgot. Here's some I got before I found a dungeon on the 6th floor" he said and gave a smaller pouch with 12 snowflakes in it.

[Depositing 62-16+12 Snowflakes=58 snowflakes]

Thread
Thread
Thread

Edited by Macradon
  • 2 weeks later...

Macradon saw a girl run by from the elf "Isn't it a bit late to go gather now?" he thought for himself. He was clad in his Knights of the Blood Oath uniform. His plain grey clothing underneath all the white and ret armor. He came walking towards the elf saying "The crusader has returned". He opened up his visor and gave over the pouch with snowflakes to the elf. He smirked as the elf would count the snowflakes. With a big gasp the elf looked down into the pouch. "128 snowflakes!" it erupted. "You really are the Snow Crusader" he elf said with awe in his eyes. So many snowflakes in front of his eyes in one batch, it was nearly too much for him to handle. "I'll go out and get some more as fast as possible, so be ready!" he said.

[Depositing 128 Snowflakes]

Thread
Thread
Thread
Thread

22 hours later the short red haired girl comes back to the elf at the sign up."Ehm... I know its not much but Im still low leveled. If you comes back next year I gonna give you snowflakes a hundredfault." She hands over the three snowflakes she gathered during her latest quest.

-3 Snowflakes

this HTML class. Value is http://www.sao-rpg.c

Brax made a final stop in the Town of Beginnings, his day almost complete.  He had not been back for quite some time, having spent many of his days out and about in the wilds, hunting down snowflakes and monsters galore.  Indeed, he had almost forgotten that he would have to drop his earnings off in the Town before the end of the event, in order for them to count.  As he strode up to the boxes, and the elf that sat by them in repose, Brax calmly stated, "I have returned, strange creature, with the results of my hunting trips.  Will you accept them?"  "Yes, of COURSE I will, you naughty, naughty boy.  What have you brought for me today?" the elf answered, a grin on it's little face.  Brax opened his inventory window, extracting the snowflakes he had collected and not yet deposited.  The elf's eye began to grow wider and wider, akin to dinner plates, as Brax drew forth not one, not two, not three, but 12 pouches of snowflakes, each of a respectable size.  The pouches were then placed into the bin labeled 'Naughty', and as those plate-sized eyes turned to look at the counter, the elf flew backwards out of it's chair, falling to the ground with a heavy thud.  It shakily rose to it's feet, amazement evident in it's voice and posture: "Two....two...two-hundred and seventy snowflakes....." it said, voice trailing off in surprise and shock.  "That's....AMAZING!  HOW ON EARTH DID YOU DO SUCH A THING!?!?!?!?"  The heavily armored man said nothing as the elf bounced around wildly.  "This is unprecedented!  Simply Amazing!"  Brax did not see what the creature was excited about: he had simply done what he had been tasked to do: collect snowflakes.  If his team was to win, so be it.  Win or lose, it was the same to him.  "Is that all, strange elf?  Must I do something more?" he asked, mildly uncomfortable with the emotional outburst.  "No, no, by all means, player, go ahead and leave.  Maybe...bring back some more, before the end?" the elf asked, still slightly in shock from the donation.  "Perhaps, I have a few more trips I might be able to take.  Farewell until later, magical creature."  With that, Brax left the area, perhaps in search of elves to hunt down, just to rid himself of the uncomfortableness he had just experienced.

274 - 4 = 270 total collected from threads below

Spoiler

Edited by Brax

Macradon came walking down the 1st floor towards the creature that was known as an elf. "I'm here with my last batch of snowflakes!" Macradon said as he handed over the pouches. The elf would count them quietly and quickly and put them over to the Nice side of the big storage containers. Macradon would stretch his body and bid his farewell to the elf. "I hope you can use whatever I've brought!" he said and walked back to his shop to take a nap or something alike.

Depositing 77 Snowflakes

Thread
Thread

After his adventures on floor four had finally finished, Brax had stepped into the teleport gate and transported to the Town of Beginnings so as to drop off his final snowflakes.  The time on his chronometer said that he still had time, but to be extra sure he quickened his gait towards the town square where Jingles held court.  He stepped up to the boxes and deposited the last of his snowflakes, watching the counter rise by 48.  Eminently satisfied by his contributions, Brax turned to leave but was stopped by the elf with it's following statement: "So, Brax, how do you think you did?"  Brax turned to look at the elf strangely, as he did not truly understand the question.  "I'm...not quite sure what you mean by that, strange elf."  "I mean," said the elf, placing it's fingers in a steeple positioning, "How many snowflakes do you think you've brought me, naughty boy?"  The elf again grinned at Brax lasciviously, all of it's teeth showing from it's smile.  "I do not know, and frankly, I do not care.  This was ancillary to my trainings, nothing more.  Had I been involved in other endeavors I might have gathered more or less than the number I currently have.  Now, if there is nothing more, I must be off.  Rest and recuperation is required, and I will partake of both.  Farewell, creature of oddness.  I will await the results tomorrow."  With that, Brax turned and walked away even as the elf tried to inform him of something, but soon Brax was too far away to hear it.

http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/10788-f3-sp-a-time-to-hunt-bagging-up-those-wintery-flakes-beginning-again-pt-11-complete/
http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/10803-f4-sp-a-time-to-hunt-bagging-up-those-wintery-flakes-beginning-again-pt-12-complete/?do=findComment&comment=447532
Macradon

• 7 months later...